Bibian Facial Hair And "singhs"

AkalPurkhKiFauj

i understand what ur sayin bhenai... buh also another way to look at it.. some bhenji's weren't fortunate enough to be brought up in a sikhi environment... also possibly weren't in the sangat of a lot of amritdharee bibian who have facial hair.. so we also have to be understaning of that..

so possibly, a bibi who after x # of years has never learned anything bout sikhi, its very tough... which is where we as brothers and sisters (mostly the sisters i would say) come in and educate, inspire, and walk with them 'hand in hand' on their spiritual journey :lol:

a person (whether singh or kaur) must fall in love with the roop first... then only can they dawn it with pride... after that, facial hair doesn't even become n issue, n u dun even need to notice it..

Absolutely right. But I think we should do something to ensure that removing hair doesn't become something that is accepted in sikhi/sangat. Once ppl that remove their hair feel they are accepted in sadh sangat, will they feel encouraged to keep their hair?

I guess the best way to do this is to have role models in sangat that play important roles, such as keertan seva and other seva. Am I on the right track?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfateh Sangat Ji

I got quite a bit of facial hair but like one of dbibian sed once u wear dastar its like bladdd wears it gon n u knw wa i realised afta i took amrit that i use2 waste so much money on all dis dis next stuf wen reli d true beuty is inside WE ALL GOT MAHARAJ'S JOAT WATS MRE BUTIFUL DEN DAT MAN

u knw wa d'more hair we have the more it japs namn with us ders a stage in sikhi wear evry hair on the body japs namn with us so the more we have the more laha we get

Lol i get cussed 4 havin hair on me face and arms wear it proudly but not with 2 much ego! wen i get cused i jus laf it of remeber Gurmukhs are always in bliss we shud b lafin at uda pple cus wen dey cus us dey takin away our paap its all gud man! Its all Guru Ji's wonderus play

But i luv the fact bibi Ji bought up issue of Mai Bhago etc mkes u fink we cry ova lil fings tut tut

Personally i think i agree with heera singh jee because none of the singhs know how difficult it is for a bibi to walk around in modern day society with someone at school/college/university etc...sayin to you HAHAHAH you've got a moustachee HAHAHAH which personally i dont find very funny but i do think it would change a bibi's thoughts about her facial hair......if anyone sees where im coming from. :lol:

<<<<<<<<personally.. i dun tink a SINGH has any right to 'bash' bibian who talk about facial hair problems... us 'singhs' don't know how difficult it is to a be a female in todays society, let alone a female with facial hair... its easy for a singh to walk around with khula dara (open beard) buh i's nah so easy for a kaur to walk around with facial hair... especially if i's a case of excessive facial hair...>>>>>>>>>

fine i am a singhni. i have facial hair. i say bibia need to toughen up! wats the big deal its hair! who cares, whats guru sahib thinks is alot more important. bibia had ther babies cut PIECE BY PIECE and hung around THEIR NECKS! and we start crying over some beautiful kesh tht guroo sahib has given us!

so fed up with 'boo hoo we have to live in society' we shudnt care bout wat society thinks, if we thought of guru jee as much as we did society, we would have clocked it.

this maybe my opiniion, but heeras comment is HIS opinion doesnt mean its right.

WOAHHHHHHH gupt singhni ji is right

• 2 months later...

so true.........in todays society, there are some parents of singhniah are not very supportive and are constantly telling their daughters how they will never marry bcos of their appearence............

a sighnee should see her facial hair as a strenght bcos once she overcomes the physical papearence barrier she has liberated herself and can continue to make progress in her sikhi.............but we need a lil unserstanding and respect.................how is the sikhi path suppose to grow with now pyaar support or respect for the singhniah who wanna keep rehit and follow hMahraj's hukam but are discouraged bcos of social/society based issues on what contitutes to being and "acceptable" form of appearance?

We can say all goods about bibian with facial hair but the real test is if we can really accept(marry) a bibi with facial hair. I am told some guys make all kinds of excuses to avoid getting married to someone with facial hair but never directly give the main reason for rejecting em.

How unfortunate is that??