Bibian Facial Hair And "singhs"

AkalPurkhKiFauj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god made me who i am....i love my kesh...wherever it may be....

people who say it is hard to get married because of it....the way i try to see things is that there is a bigger picture out there...bigger than wheather youre married or not....if no1 will marry you then o well thats the worlds loss...because i will tell you there is one person that will be your dear husband....and that is Vaheguru himself....its just another test in lyfe...dont worry....dont break your rehat over it....its not that important...nothing in this world is that important...love yourself for being who maharaj wanted you to be....we are here to impress the great man upstair...and he wont be impressed weather you get a rista or not...but more so if u can fight this crazy world in order to keep your asool

i for one am so happy with my facial kesh...and it will never hold me back in doing anything in life...and if that means that i dont get married then o well....one door closes and another opens rite....but i will never shut that door to vaheguru...never will i write that letter of betrayal to my guru...

also i heard a somewhere once a girl saying to her brother that "a girl looks to her brother, to see how a girl is to be treated in life...if her brother treats other girls like crap and judges them for there so called "imperfections"...then that is how that girl learns how other guys are meant to treat her"....remember guys these are your sisters...if you treat them indiffeently because you dont see them as your real sisters then that is exactly how one day some other guy is going to treat your blood sister....

sorry for mistakes

people who say it is hard to get married because of it....the way i try to see things is that there is a bigger picture out there...bigger than wheather youre married or not....if no1 will marry you then o well thats the worlds loss...because i will tell you there is one person that will be your dear husband....and that is Vaheguru himself....its just another test in lyfe...dont worry....dont break your rehat over it....its not that important...nothing in this world is that important...love yourself for being who maharaj wanted you to be....we are here to impress the great man upstair...and he wont be impressed weather you get a rista or not...but more so if u can fight this crazy world in order to keep your asool

i for one am so happy with my facial kesh...and it will never hold me back in doing anything in life...and if that means that i dont get married then o well....one door closes and another opens rite....but i will never shut that door to vaheguru...never will i write that letter of betrayal to my guru...

also i heard a somewhere once a girl saying to her brother that "a girl looks to her brother, to see how a girl is to be treated in life...if her brother treats other girls like crap and judges them for there so called "imperfections"...then that is how that girl learns how other guys are meant to treat her"....remember guys these are your sisters...if you treat them indiffeently because you dont see them as your real sisters then that is exactly how one day some other guy is going to treat your blood sister....

sorry for mistakes

That was amazing. Its good to see that there are true Sikhs out there; ones that believe Guru Ji's rehit to be more important than this dream and illusion. We have to recognise the higher reality, which is God, the only one who understands us and what we go through - the only one who cares. Gurbani says to always have death on our mind; basically doing what good you can to help your life in the hereafter, this life is just an illusion. Faithless cynics only realise that when they die, when its too late.

There are two reasons for why females pluck their hair. The first is FEAR of other humans. Gurbani says the two things that increase from constantly being born is attachment and fear. Guru Nanak Dev Ji says:

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

The other reason is attachment to humans, to lust but what they call love. The love in this world is false, which is what Gurbani also states:

hor sabh preeth maaeiaa mohu kaachaa ||

All other loves and emotional attachment to Maya are false.

Here's a shabad for both reasons, and what one accomplishes when they finally wake up:

mohu sog rog log n biaapai theh har har har ras bhoganee ||1|| rehaao ||

Attachment, sorrow, disease and public opinion do not affect me, and so, I enjoy the subtle essence of the Lord, Har, Har, Har. ||1||Pause||

sorry for mistakes

vahigurooo!! d_oh.gif

amazing post penji!! respect.gif

Before i took amrit i used to bleach because i wanted to 'fit in'

Now i am more than happy and proud of my facial hair, wouldnt change it for the world! like penji said try to please mahraj and not others!

vahiguroooo!!