Fighting 5 Chhor - Help!

Guest Mugadh

Fateh!

I was totally on 'the dark side' before Maharaj Ji took pity and sorted me out. The thing is, I had a 'relapse' today and did some very stupid things which I thought I would never do again......Anyway, I'm back now but feel really really ashamed. How do you guys get the strength to stay on the path?

Fateh!

I was totally on 'the dark side' before Maharaj Ji took pity and sorted me out. The thing is, I had a 'relapse' today and did some very stupid things which I thought I would never do again......Anyway, I'm back now but feel really really ashamed. How do you guys get the strength to stay on the path?

"we" dont have thestrengh veer jee..................all we can do is do ardas behnnti to Mahraj that he sorts us out and if u dothat with a sacha mann.......................waheguru will never let u down

i always find listening to soothing bani or shabd kirtan helps calm me down.................try listenign to Chaupai Sahib..............its beautiful and so fitting when u feel like u straying..........

bhul chuck maafi

Fateh!

All you can do is learn from this and the next time you are tempted just remember how you felt afterwards........im sure you dont want to keep feeling ashamed again and again.........

Do a true benti to Maharaj

ie when u recite a shabad really mean it rather than going through it mechanically

before i had to leave Boss Camp early this year we memorized this shabad

Rakh Pitaa Prabh Mayray

Mohay Nirgun Sabh Gun Tayray

Learn the meanings so that you can really m,ake this benti and mean it

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 205

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

rwKu ipqw pRB myry ]

raakh pithaa prabh maerae ||

Save me, O My Father God.

moih inrgunu sB gun qyry ]1] rhwau ]

mohi niragun sabh gun thaerae ||1|| rehaao ||

I am worthless and without virtue; all virtues are Yours. ||1||Pause||

pMc ibKwdI eyku grIbw rwKhu rwKnhwry ]

pa(n)ch bikhaadhee eaek gareebaa raakhahu raakhanehaarae ||

The five vicious thieves are assaulting my poor being; save me, O Savior Lord!

Kydu krih Aru bhuqu sMqwvih AwieE srin quhwry ]1]

khaedh karehi ar bahuth sa(n)thaavehi aaeiou saran thuhaarae ||1||

They are tormenting and torturing me. I have come, seeking Your Sanctuary. ||1||

kir kir hwirE Aink bhu BwqI Cofih kqhUM nwhI ]

kar kar haariou anik bahu bhaathee shhoddehi kathehoo(n) naahee ||

Trying all sorts of things, I have grown weary, but still, they will not leave me alone.

eyk bwq suin qwkI Etw swDsMig imit jwhI ]2]

eaek baath sun thaakee outtaa saadhhasa(n)g mitt jaahee ||2||

But I have heard that they can be rooted out, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; and so I seek their Shelter. ||2||

kir ikrpw sMq imly moih iqn qy DIrju pwieAw ]

kar kirapaa sa(n)th milae mohi thin thae dhheeraj paaeiaa ||

In their Mercy, the Saints have met me, and from them, I have obtained satisfaction.

sMqI mMqu dIE moih inrBau gur kw sbdu kmwieAw ]3]

sa(n)thee ma(n)th dheeou mohi nirabho gur kaa sabadh kamaaeiaa ||3||

The Saints have given me the Mantra of the Fearless Lord, and now I practice the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||3||

jIiq ley Eie mhw ibKwdI shj suhylI bwxI ]

jeeth leae oue mehaa bikhaadhee sehaj suhaelee baanee ||

I have now conquered those terrible evil-doers, and my speech is now sweet and sublime.

khu nwnk min BieAw prgwsw pwieAw pdu inrbwxI ]4]4]125]

kahu naanak man bhaeiaa paragaasaa paaeiaa padh nirabaanee ||4||4||125||

Says Nanak, the Divine Light has dawned within my mind; I have obtained the state of Nirvaanaa. ||4||4||125||