Need Some Advice

xkaurx

Report him to the college authorities. He is harassing you. Start keeping a journal of times and incidents that have happened to you including witnesses to these incidents. This is very important, you may need this in future.

Secondly keep away and shout at him loudly saying something like "Get away pervert don't you understand, I don't want to know!!" when he tries it on. This will embarrass him big time. Make sure everyone can hear IT.

Also make sure you are friends with good gubroo Panjabi/Sikh boys who aren't scared to katapa when called for. Not the "panji panji" mummies boys. But be careful not to jump into the fire from the frying pan here and choose a SIkh equivalent of what your trying to get away from.

The biggest thing is. Watch the company you keep. If your one of those Sikh girls that is stuck in the middle of a bunch of Muslim guys every time you see them and laughing giggling with them half the time, other people (rightly or wrongly) jump to conclusions. If your mixing in the same social circles as this guy, you need to think about what you are doing. I find many times college students feel so pressurised to be a part of a group to avoid loneliness that sometimes they end up mixing with these types of idiots.

Check yourself, keep a record of incidents, get witnesses, mix with brave decent company.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to go to college now so il reply to the posts later on but thanks everyone

and dal...my coll is full of muslims! some are ok but majority are bad i dont bother mixing with them because i know wot thats guna lead to and theres no singhs at coll

Panji cant go to her parents because they will over react, blame her and take her out of college and MAYBE rush her into marriage you know wat families are like.

the sikh girls who go to her college are a bit stuck up and wont help her.

the sikh guys where she is from act and behave like the pakis so what can they do.

AND on top of that people are believing the rumours esp. the sikhs! :lol: :) :cry: :cry:

sangat here saying she needs to go to her parents its not as easy as that........i agree with JustME panji we need to get KAURagous or something involved and let these idiots know panji isnt alone.

this is a difficult situation... at the end of the day it is a form of bullying, but as it is race related it must be solved in a thoughtful way to avoid any future threat of bullying. I think that is one of the main difficulties that many victims face, the thought of losing all their friends and being alone, and since the majority the college are muslims, it is hardly surprising which views the majority of muslims will accept.

I think you should take the bullying approach and report this incident to a teach or even the principle in confidence. The principle will more than likely take you views in consideration, but you must tell that that you are afraid of the outcomes in reporting this incident, the fact that others may gang up on you after college because if they are expelled, they are more than likely going to want revenge of some kind.

The best way would be to ignore these boy/s and try to show that they are not getting to you. You must show not reflections of hurt, in that way if you do report it, you may not be their number one culprit.

Another way would be to get another person involved to help you settle this privately, perhaps this person could also see the principle with you, as in most cases, this usually makes the matter run a lot faster in finding a solution.

Alternatively, I suggest you could report the matter to a bullying service centre in confidence and ask them to talk to your principle about it, you could inform them of the boy/s and say that you wish not to disclose your details and it may also be solved through there. So long as these boy/s have a warning of some kind, you will notice their behaviour will change. It may improve or it could worsen, but at least they will be informed their consequences and will know they have been flagged out if their behaviour continues.

There is also the route where you could get someone to have a ‘word’ with them for you, I am more than happy to discuss this with you if you want to go through this route. I am a lot older than the college youth and could easily sort out this mess with a few words to keep them off you. Sometimes’ intimidations is the only language that some people understand that ‘enough is enough’. however do be careful with this, as remember you will be alone at college, and there will be no one there with you apart from your college peers and teachers, and so if they were to gang up on you, there would be times when you will have no back up.

We can give as much advice to you, and it will be up to you to decide, so there is not really much need to give out any details. The most if anything, I think it would be okay to give out what college or area you are situated in, so at least that way the sangat on this site will have some indication of whether they can offer help in reaching you.

Thank you for reading this, and if you require any help or want to talk to someone, I am more than happy to speak with you.

Look, the biggest lesson to learn from this is be careful of where you choose to go college. Personally I would never send a daughter to one where I even suspected there may be such things going on.

Look, the biggest lesson to learn from this is be careful of where you choose to go college. Personally I would never send a daughter to one where I even suspected there may be such things going on.

thats the thing parents dont usually know whats going on

thats the thing parents dont usually know whats going on

muslims are everywhere, no matter what college or university you choose or your parents choose. indeed it is may seem right to choose one which has a mixture of other races, but it is also difficult to choose one where is ranked high academically or one that your child is only able to be enrolled in because of their low grades, which contains has a dominant race of muslims.

as sikhs, we must live to accept these issues and use our skills and knowlege to tackle these problems. it is not always a good idea to run away from these problems but to face them. when a child who gets bullied because he has a joora in school at the age of 12, should he cut his hair to fit in with the other boys, even if they are muslims or not, or should he stand for what he knows and belives is right, and be proud of himself?

muslims are everywhere, no matter what college or university you choose or your parents choose. indeed it is may seem right to choose one which has a mixture of other races, but it is also difficult to choose one where is ranked high academically or one that your child is only able to be enrolled in because of their low grades, which contains has a dominant race of muslims.

as sikhs, we must live to accept these issues and use our skills and knowlege to tackle these problems. it is not always a good idea to run away from these problems but to face them. when a child who gets bullied because he has a joora in school at the age of 12, should he cut his hair to fit in with the other boys, even if they are muslims or not, or should he stand for what he knows and belives is right, and be proud of himself?

i agree with you ba the problem is most sikh girls dont speak and suffer in silence.

It could as easily be a nonMuslim guy doing this. I know that there is a issue with some Pakistani boys targeting Sikh girls but from my experience it was the past behaviour of Sikh girls that is the root cause of this. Of course it is totally wrong to blame someone today for a reputation made by others but that is how the world works.

Where the eff are the so called Singhs!!!!

Anyone claiming to be a Singh and is not willing or incapable of standing up and clamping down on this type of stuff should cut their hair immediately, unless you have some medical excuse for it.

Harsh words but sorry.....needs to be said...