eating egg in sikhism ?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yeaterday i met my school friend. he is amritdhari & also doing sewa in panj piares in nagarkeertans. v hav gone for dinner. he asked for eggs & told tht in sikhism eggs r allowed. i know eggs r not alowed.but i hav no words (proof, sakhis, links) so that i can tell him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am veggie.. but not because of religion but personal choice.. i dont support kiling of animals and stealing their eggs etc..

Bhai Sahib, why do u keep on saying that you are a vegetarian because of your personal choice? You don't support killing of animals and stealing their eggs etc.! Vaah, but do u think Sikhi supports and permit this?

vaheguroo jee

i do believe that eatting meat and eggs is wrong...i became a veg recently..its only been about 8-10 months (since sept 02)....the reason i stopped eatting was...meat is meat and how i see it..eatting humn meat is no different than eattin chickhen meat....so woudl you want toget human meat?..i think not...so that is the reason why i dont eat meat..another reason that i recently enoutnered was..the suleman recording..i dont knw if you all remember that, but it was arecording of a spirit in a boy body talkin to sant ishar singh ji...member?

well..n that recording the spirit was asked wat he eats..and he said, we eat anything we can....and when we go into a humans body, its easier for his to live if the person eats meat...im not sayin that if u eat meat ur gonna get a spirt in you or anythng..itsjust somethign to think about..this spirits eat the nastiest food imaginable ...and the fact that they can live in a body that eats meat..is just creepy to me...if u dont belive me, you guys can listen to the recording..it was posted on here awhile ago...

but yea..i believe eatting meat is wrong....its just another pleasure for the man..and we must stay away from distractions as much as we can...

bhull chuk maf ^_^

vaheguroo jee

Guest SikhForLife

oops sorry should ve clarified that better...

i became a veggie before i found out that the sgpc is wrong in this issue..

after i foound sikhi doesnt really support it.. so then i became a firm veggie

sikhi says god is in everyone

and eating less .. is what we should do.. and not seek the pleasures of food

sikhi doesnt suppor that either

Then why do u ONLY say that you don't eat meat because of your personal choice? I have nothing against you making your personal choices, but the way you are promiting it can give people wrong idea that meat is permitted by Sikhi, and Sikhs are free to make their own decision.

i am also a vegetarian but i have eaten eggs that have already been baked into breads and stuff. i might not have been a vegetarian if they didnt make those great things like veggie pep pizzas and veggie burgers. the reason i'm okay with eggs is that the eggs we buy at stores are not fertilized which means there was never life in them. am i wrong? :T:

by the way this is my first post ever at this forum