Sanjha Akhand Keertan Smagam Uk 2007

satpal singh

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the problem with this at all. There is no hall in soho rd gurdwara big enough to accommodate all the sangat in one hall then we have to have video feed to a different hall. The anand just isn't the same for those people in the other hall thats why it's much better to all be in one big hall.

Also as people have clearly said before there hasn't been any alcohol or meat there before and this hall has been bought by Gnnsj in order to create the first khalsa school in birmingham. So this place is going to be a great place it's not some party hall. There is going to be prakash of guru sahib there like normal rehnsabais so whats the problem? In India rehnsbais are always in tents not gurdrwareh because they can't accommodate the sangat....

I can understand the idea of having a rehnsabai there. Its like when you buy a new a house you have a akhand paat sahib to make the place 'pavitar' this is the same thing there is nothing better to make a new place 'pavitar' than a rehnsbai. Just go to the program get laha and stop kicking up a fuss over nothing.

Every time theres a program you guys have a go at the sevadaars about something. It clashing with this... theres chairs in the langar hall.... BLAH BLAH.

Decisions like the location of a program are not usually made without careful consideration so you can keep on saying change the venue but it's gonna have no affect. :lol:

^^^ ur soo right

i can remeber new years at soho rd.... all the halls are packed with sanagt... so i was in hall 3... and got threr at 8.30 lolll... there was a projection screen... wasnt the same.... and ppl were still talking... which was very disturbing.... and not much anand ... plus in the necc... all the sanagat will be all together, :lol:

The NECC is owned by Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha and has large enough facilities to accomadate all the sangat in one Hall instead of spliting the sangat so some of them have to go into a different hall and watch the Smagam on a screen!!! It also has ample space for car parking and coaches which wil be arriving from all over the country!!!

It IS the site of a future school but in the meantime I think they might aswell use it for these kind of Programmes!!! I remember for the Akhand Jap programme held @ Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha Asthan and the main darbar aswell as the langar hall was over crowded with Sangat!!!!!!

ps. can't wait for the smagam!!!! :WW:

If you want proof that it is going to be a school please why don't you get yourself of the computer and go down gnnsj and ask for the proof ok teekya????

Some replies make me laugh is funny ah never mind aint like no one going to come cus a minority of people are trying to bad mouth the program.

Vaheguru is amazing and amazing is Vaheguru's work so for all those who are wanting to come don't forget to bring sangat with you going to be a amazing program with all different types of sangat from around the world with the most amazing kirtanis under one roof and best of all Maharaj Ji is going to be with us what more do we want :lol:

Guru Ang Sang Vaheguroooooooooo

Thanks for answering my questions, never knew GNNSJ had bought the building as this was not advertise anywhere.

I agree its a good way to start a school so I apologies, was just thinking in the long run we don't want people saying a rainsabi was held in a hall etc.

I agree with all the points that have been made and I did not attentionally mean to bad month the programme it will be a great success with mahrajs kirpaa, Ill see you all there

P.s any list of kirtaniees attending?

Bulchuk marf

Gurfateh!!

I remember the Akhand Jaap program at GNNSJ last year and that was absolutely amazing, the sangat was just fantastic. For those 24 hours sangat was in Anand. I don't put that down to the Gurdwara or to the Darbar Sahib. It is all because of Kirpa, when sangat joins together in Ekta, Maharaaj blesses us.

Whether you have a kirtan smagam in a Gurdwara, a park, or living room or even a beach. It makes no difference.

ਕਾਰਜਿ ਕਾਮਿ ਬਾਟ ਘਾਟ ਜਪੀਜੈ ॥

While you work at your job, on the road and at the beach, meditate and chant.

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਜੈ ॥੨॥

By Guru's Grace, drink in the Ambrosial Essence of the Lord. ||2||

I'm sure the sangat will be coming from far and wide, and just to add to that we'll be in the sangat of our Guru, why would you not want to be there??

ਜਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਬਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸੋ ਥਾਨੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

Wherever my True Guru goes and sits, that place is beautiful, O Lord King.

ਗੁਰਸਿਖੀ ਸੋ ਥਾਨੁ ਭਾਲਿਆ ਲੈ ਧੂਰਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਵਾ ॥

The Guru's Sikhs seek out that place; they take the dust and apply it to their faces.

From what I've heard, this is the first time the Gurudwara is taking Maharaaj Ji to the NECC as it is a Gurudwara owned building and will only be used in the interest of Sikhi.

Please lets join together to acompany our Satguru and sit together like true Khalsa.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!