English Audio Sggs

MPKaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Please don't take what i say in offence its something i just felt like sharing with you and sangat in how i feel about english translations of Bani personally i would say don't read or listen to Bani in english as you are NOT going to get the true meaning and understanding that Maharaj Ji is giving us via english.

If you do not know punjabi then some one once told me it takes 40 days to learn it depends on how fast it takes you and a benti to people to learn punjabi and if you are going to listen or read Bani read it in the way it originally written in Gurmukhi and honestly if you do your Ardas to Maharaj and truly from the heart you want to learn then the gian will come slowly to its not a over night thing and to be honest prob won't even achieve knowing everything in this life time.

Bani is soo special and powerful and beautiful that we should read Bani and listen to it how our Guru Ji's intended us to just something i felt like sharing. Plus how do we really know how reliable these english translations are? because there might be a tuk in Bani you read in english translations but actually there is a totally different meaning to it so hunna.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh Ji,

Bhenji, you are right that we should listen and read Gurbani in it's Original form, Gurmukhi. There is no doubt that translations can not come near to the real thing...

But, if people do not understand gurbani to begin with, how can they follow it, and fall in love with it, and understand it and live by it? We should give a lil slack, and say that those who don't know a word of gurmukhi or punjabi and maybe never heard the language before in their lives (like how i started out), have some special circumstances - use translations to help to learn the real thing... step by step right?

We can use these translations to help us learn gurmukhi language, and progressively go towards reading more and listening more to the gurmukhi...

If we push people to learn punjabi and gurmukhi right away... it's not ok. First - we have to allow them to cultivate a basic understanding in their own language, and become in love with the meanings of gurbani.. and naturally they will want to learn more and go deeper into the Original form of Gurbani. It will come naturally...

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh ji

Fateh!

I can read Gurmukhi, no problem, that's the easy part :lol:

However, I struggle with the understanding. I know translations may not be 100% accurate but i do think the overall message of Gurbani is still being pass through. The Gurus themselves wrote in simple language so that most people could understand. How is that different today? Translations help many (including myself) get closer to God. I truly enjoy listening to the "real" (original) Sri Guru Granth Sahib. But at times I also like to listen and read a translation. For me, I view the two as a complement to help me in my progression.