People Swearing

ey sRvxhu myirho swcY sunxY no pTwey ]

eae sravanahu maeriho saachai sunanai no pat(h)aaeae ||

O my ears, you were created only to hear the Truth.

What do u do when people are swearing all around you?

I can't leave my class and i cant even listen to my ipod.

any ideas? how do u avoid listening to such dirty language (punjabi swears :) )

just because someone has said something, doesnt mean u have really heard it. Its like gurbani, how many of us actually hear the real message? How many times do we hear a shabad and then 2 mins later, weve forgotten what it is.

Did we really listen to it then!?!?

You cant hide from the world, i dont think guru nanak dev ji hid from the world, when they were calling him a lunatic for his "no hindu, no muslim" talk.

As they say, in one ear, out the other! Just dont keep it in your mind!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing veechar on this topic - people listen to gurbani keertan all their lives and still do not get anything out of it. Listening to something does not mean paying attention to it. Just like paying attention in class with an iPod is not really paying attention in class the same applies to people passing by swearing.

Personally the mp3 player is a great invention but at my college even the progressive "gore" do not like what they class the iPod culture where people disassociate themselves from their surroundings and are always on their iPod or cell phone. Sort reminds me of the Sidds who basically went on mountain tops to do bhagti by ignoring the rest of the world.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

I have a couple of Amritdhari friends who used to swear a lot ;)

I don't really want to tell them to stop it, but one day I said, "You swear a lot!" They never did it again - they were sooo embarrased! :)

I did apologize tho, don't like making my friends feel guilty.

• 2 months later...
I have a couple of Amritdhari friends who used to swear a lot :D

I don't really want to tell them to stop it, but one day I said, "You swear a lot!" They never did it again - they were sooo embarrased! :s

I did apologize tho, don't like making my friends feel guilty.

same here!... i know some who just swear away and i told em to calm downnnnn but he still does it but adds a sorry after each time ..for example ...i *******sorry... and blah blah blah ****..sorry blah blah...and so on! blink.gif