Punjabi Girl Marries A Tamil In Court

Guest Sadhu singh

That's pretty much true for all manmukhs, not just Punjabi folk. Most Gurmukhs also care somewhat for those 3 things; however, they are not the deciding factor, (though still important).

But they ARE the deciding factors for these "Gurmukhs". Just because they say otherwise doesn't make it true. Our people are wonderfully adept at dressing something up and presenting it as something different; the religiously inclined are arguably more likely and more experienced in these matters, because the facade of religiosity is one they can't afford to let slip.

But they ARE the deciding factors for these "Gurmukhs". Just because they say otherwise doesn't make it true. Our people are wonderfully adept at dressing something up and presenting it as something different; the religiously inclined are arguably more likely and more experienced in these matters, because the facade of religiosity is one they can't afford to let slip.

Nail - Head - BANG!

Those fronting a55 , top range Mercedes driving, business minded, big mansion having 'Amritdhari families' aren't interested in materialistic things......sure

All karam is in Sri Vaheguru's hukam :) if it wasn't, then it would not happen.

Hukam and Karam:

No. Everything is under Wahegurus law, but we have some free will to do actions.

Hukam is the reaction of our action, we can't control that only Waheguru can.

We can try to do good actions, but it is Waheguru that decides where to put us, due to our actions:

ਹੁਕਮੀ ਉਤਮੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੁਖ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਈਅਹਿ ॥

हुकमी उतमु नीचु हुकमि लिखि दुख सुख पाईअहि ॥

Hukmī uṯam nīcẖ hukam likẖ ḏukẖ sukẖ pā▫ī▫ah.

By His command the mortals are make high and low and by His written command they obtain woe and weal.

SGGS Ang 1

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

Some videos and topic explaining it:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73346-free-will-hukam-karam/

Guest Jacfsing2

Nail - Head - BANG!

Those fronting <banned word filter activated>, top range Mercedes driving, business minded, big mansion having 'Amritdhari families' aren't interested in materialistic things......sure

Where did you get every Amritdhari was suddenly a Mahapurukh or something, Gurbani says Gurmukhs are very rare.

When I mention Gurmukh I don't simply mean Amritdhari, I'm talking about legit Gurmukhs, (Not them badal wale).

Where did you get every Amritdhari was suddenly a Mahapurukh or something, Gurbani says Gurmukhs are very rare. When I mention Gurmukh I don't simply mean Amritdhari, I'm talking about legit Gurmukhs, (Not them badal wale).

Gurmukh is not a word that should be wielded carelessly, and it definitely isn't a word that should be interchanged with Amritdhari. It is a word found in Gurbani, so to use it in the context of "real Gurmukhs" or otherwise, is rather dangerous and unnecessarily confusing.

Guest Jacfsing2

Why don't you start dealing with our society as it is, instead of painting some idealised, totally unrealistic picture of it?

Do you want Gurbani references that say Gurmukhs are rare? (I honestly feel you've never met such a Gurmukh)"gurmuiK nwmu vKwxY koeI ]5] (880-8)

gurmukh naam vakhaanai ko-ee. ||5||

How rare are those, who as Gurmukh, chant the Naam. ||5||" Ang 880.

Guest Jacfsing2

Gurmukh is not a word that should be wielded carelessly, and it definitely isn't a word that should be interchanged with Amritdhari. It is a word found in Gurbani, so to use it in the context of "real Gurmukhs" or otherwise, is rather dangerous and unnecessarily confusing.

I'm not disagreeing with you, it's similar to the word "Sant", people overuse it and now anyone becomes a Sant (to normal people)

You've highlighted another big thing:

That's what's been going on. Many egocentric Amritdhari brothers and sisters have been using the word Gurmukh to describe themselves and their click, whilst haughtily throwing about the word manmukh to describe monay/sehajdharis or even people in other Amritdhari jathas. Truth is that these days, most Amritdharis are probably no less manmukh than the rest of the world.

I don't see the much of the physical discipline and strength, valour, courage, leadership, independent-mindedness, honour and self-sacrifice that marked out Amritdharis of the past in the ones of today. I think too many hide behind the achievements and legacy of our ancestors without taking the risks and making the sacrifices they did.

Do you want Gurbani references that say Gurmukhs are rare? (I honestly feel you've never met such a Gurmukh)"gurmuiK nwmu vKwxY koeI ]5] (880-8)

gurmukh naam vakhaanai ko-ee. ||5||

How rare are those, who as Gurmukh, chant the Naam. ||5||" Ang 880.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the way you fail to see our society as it is and work with that.

Guest Jacfsing2

You've highlighted another big thing:

That's what's been going on. Many egocentric Amritdhari brothers and sisters have been using the word Gurmukh to describe themselves and their click, whilst haughtily throwing about the word manmukh to describe monay/sehajdharis or even people in other Amritdhari jathas. Truth is that these days, most Amritdharis are probably no less manmukh than the rest of the world.

I don't see the much of the physical discipline and strength, valour, courage, leadership, independent-mindedness, honour and self-sacrifice that marked out Amritdharis of the past in the ones of today. I think too many hide behind the achievements and legacy of our ancestors without taking the risks and making the sacrifices they did.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the way you fail to see our society as it is and work with that.

I'm not disagreeing with you and MisterSingh on the term that Gurmukhs and Manmukhs are just becoming ways to discriminate those of different or Mona/ Keshdhari lifestyles. The Bhagats would probably be considered Gurmukhs without any Khand Di Pahul or Charan Pahul. (Just trying to say what Gurbani is saying and not what Jacfsing2 is saying).