Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji's Numbers

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji's Numbers

Bhai Nihaal Singh (Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji) was born in the year 1813 to Bhai Boorh Singh Ji and Mata Pradhan Kaur Ji. Those of you who have been lucky enough to have heard the life story of Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji will know what an amazing sikh of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj he was.

One story, which sticks out for me, is when Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji requested Sant Baba Raam Singh Ji to teach him how to mediate.

Sant Baba Raam Singh Ji said, ‘You should recite Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji with single minded focus on its meanings; because Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji is the essence of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj’s philosophy’.

Bhai Nihal Singh Ji then asked, ‘How many times should I recite Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji daily’?

Sant Ji replied, ‘As you start reciting you will yourself realize how many times you should do it’.

From that day on Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji started reciting Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji. After a few weeks Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji was reciting Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji one hundred and one times a day.

Sant Baba Raam Singh Ji approached Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji and asked him how far he had travelled on the pathway to the lotus feet of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji told Sant Ji that, ‘with Guru Sahib’s kirpa I have managed to recite Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji one hundred and one times per day’.

Sant Ji smiled and said, ‘that is a good start but you are still aware of the number. If you wish to find Guru Sahib you should progress to such a level where counting becomes immaterial’.

From that day on Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji began the non-stop recitation of Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji all day and all night. Even while Bhai Nihaal Singh Ji slept Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji could be heard from his holy mouth.

Just to make sure no one misses it can someone please post the moral/what they learnt from this story? I’d really appreciate it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer jee - lesson I think to learn is that if anyone and everyone treats Gurbani as the Jaagdee-Jot of Guroo Nanak Dev Sahib Jee, and does Paath with full pyaar and devotion, then Guroo Sahib does Kirpaa and blessings to that Sikh to bring him on to Guroo Jee's path, and provides understanding of GurMat to that Sikh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

• 1 month later...

recitation on bani cannot be quantified.............you cannot say oh today i recited 4 japji sahibs or did this many paths of that/that bani.................

You can get full laha if u only recite Japji Sahib a day but in that one path immerse yourself into each akkar...................spend a whole hour or so reading it slowly with pyaar and unserstanding....................

when u unlock its essence..........the bani will flow from ur soul and never stop.......

Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Jee d_oh.gif