Chandi Matta Da Jhatka

singh1986

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my thinking anyway.

lets just leave it at that then rolleyes.gif

If you want to leave it then why add a sarcastic icon with rolling eyes?

"Now me personally, what is the problem with a woman not wanting hair on her face?"

the problem veer jee, is that guru jee says we should not remove our kesh, so women and men should obey and accept this hukam

natural is anything you dont yourself alter

if a man has very little dari, teekya, thats they way the man was meant to be

If you want to leave it then why add a sarcastic icon with rolling eyes?

bcos i wanted you to knw i do not agree with ur way of thinking but at the same time i dont want to turn this thread in to a pointless slanging match...............

^^ so lets leave it at that rolleyes.gif

"Now me personally, what is the problem with a woman not wanting hair on her face?"

the problem veer jee, is that guru jee says we should not remove our kesh, so women and men should obey and accept this hukam

natural is anything you dont yourself alter

if a man has very little dari, teekya, thats they way the man was meant to be

Ok let me play devils advocate:

Guruji's hukam was that all MEN come with unshorn beards and unshorn hair on the scalp (Kesh). Where is the woman who removes hair from her face (not scalp) in all this?

Let me clarify.

It really does not matter whether I think it is un-natural or not, but the perception of the person themselves. Women I know generally consider it unnatural to have hair on the face. It detracts from there sense of femininity i.e. makes them feel less of a woman, the equavalent is a man who cannot grow hair on his face (it makes him feel less of a man). Now if the man was to say opt for hormonal treatment to help hair grow on his face would a woman really have commited that much of a sin to stop hair growing on her face.

End of the day this is not about beauty, as that is only skin deep. Even Guruji acknowledges that although men and women are equal we are different (hence giving Singh and Kaur), and it is this masculinity and femininity that makes us diferent. To try and blur that is playing God and hence un-natural.

I disagree with your thinking, Perceptions of people change within the perceptions of the society they live in... currently it is deemed to be "unatural" for women to have bushy eyebrows... this even extends to men :) with the invention of metrosexuals. Then we have people feeling "unatural" if they have a slighty bent nose or thin lips and go off to get a botox injection' and this is starting to affect meainstream men aswell... will a time come when sikhs wiil start to justify facial enhancements because people feel "unatural"

The very concept is weird because it is natural blink.gif if women have facial hair.. its because nature has put it there.

I would personally use the world vanity or giving into societies standards as to what is deemed "Natural" in the next decade it might be seen as natural for all women to be size zero, should we support that aswell?

Guruji's hukam was that all MEN come with unshorn beards and unshorn hair on the scalp (Kesh). Where is the woman who removes hair from her face (not scalp) in all this?

Interesting twist! grin.gif

But I would say that majority of womens facial hair compared to mens is so insignificant that does it need mentioning?

And if you say Guru Ji should have mentioned it....then do you support men removing hair from their bodies?

Interesting twist! grin.gif

But I would say that majority of womens facial hair compared to mens is so insignificant that does it need mentioning?

And if you say Guru Ji should have mentioned it....then do you support men removing hair from their bodies?

I don't know....just asking the question.

For me the key is why Guruji asked his Sikhs to bear unshorn hair and beards......the answer to that lies in history.

Plucking, waxing, painting the face red and green are signs of a person who wants to please the society and has succumbed to the pressures of this modern day society. Go a few decades back and you'll know how things were different. Thy still are different in some parts of Punjab.

Just because your amritdhari wife, mother or sister does that crap doesn't mean removing kes is justified.

Don't bother arguing over these things with people who think they are the most learned people this world has ever had.

Respect to bibian who don't give a damn about this materialistic society and have the courage to carry guru ji di mohar with confidence.