Put Ur Hands Up In The Air If U Lissen To Raag Kirtan!

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

is raag reli that important?? i had a talk with my taya the other day n he said that their isnt one person in the world at the moment that sings in raag, so that is y he duznt do it!!! buttttt......then wat the hell was the point of our Gurus putting such relevance into raag (actually putting the raag before many saloks in Maharaj - the purest truth in the world) and us not following it!!!

he was singing Asa Ki Vaar the other day.....n i questioned him saying y duznt he sing in raag Asa, and he sed that coz it was wat the Gurus sang in back in the day, and we dont have to!! i was like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! so then y is it writtin in Maharaj!!! ooo and that if we shud sing Asa Ki Vaar in the morning.....then like how else is that going to be determined by anything else but the raag??

it just wouldnt make sense to sing in any other raag than the raag set by Maharaj!!

help meeeeeeee sangaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

cheerz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Raagis should sing in Raag (hence, their title). I also believe we should take the initiative as individuals to learn the different Raags so that we may identify them and sing them.

However, what if someone has no knowledge of Raag and still wants to sing a shabad or sing Asa Ki Vaar? I think that person can sing it as well as they can, even if they are not singing it in Raag. Hopefully, that person will understand the importance of Raag and want to learn it so that they may sing each shabad in its respective Raag in the future.

There are keertania in this world that sing in Raag.

one and only PROF. KARTAR SINGH is a kirtani who always di kirtan in NIRDHARIT RAAGS.

other raagis who do raag kirtan but also do semi raag and light kirtan are

BHAI BALBIR SINGH ( VERY VERY GREAT CLASSICAL RAAGI)

BIBI ASHUPREET KAUR

BHAI NARINDER SINGH JI BANARAS WALE ( HAZOORI RAAGI SRI DARBAR SAHIB)

DR. GURNAM SINGH

BHAI SARABJEET SINGH ( A VERY VERY GOOD CLASSICAL RAAGI BUT MOSLY DO KIRTAN IN VERY VERY HARD BANDHISHS AND SEMI CLASSICAL)