Are Sikhs Cowards?

roop33

Hello to everyone,

I want to ask a question. Are sikhs that live in the UK - cowards?

I wanted to raise this issue, because from what i have seen, i believe that we have all become cowards. You hear of racist attacks on sikh youth by racist communities in colleges, universities and school. We do not have any way of fighting back, the simple reason is that we do not have any UNITY within our community at all!

Look around and see what is happening! Our gurdwaras don't teach us anything about sikhism, our youth can't understand what happens at the gurdwara. Maharaj Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us names like 'singh' and 'kaur' to eliminiate caste, yet we all bring up caste i.e. jat, bhatra etc WHY?

Our boys are into drugs, booze etc Our girls are going out with muslims without a care in the world. our gurwara halls are used to eat meat, drink and dance to lewd songs! WHY?

Our beloved Sahibzaade gave up their lives (7 and 9 year old children) surrounded by mughal armies, yet they did not give up their faith. today we get scared by a couple of racist muslims. WHY?

I believe that we are slowly becoming like a scared community, who can only fight amongst themselves! I really believe that we need to get a grip NOW, before it is too late!!

I apologise if I have offended anyone

Thanks,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuffs been said for at least 10/15 years. But no, there are still brave Sikhs in the Uk, they are just in a minority.

Hello to everyone,

I want to ask a question. Are sikhs that live in the UK - cowards?

I wanted to raise this issue, because from what i have seen, i believe that we have all become cowards. You hear of racist attacks on sikh youth by racist communities in colleges, universities and school. We do not have any way of fighting back, the simple reason is that we do not have any UNITY within our community at all!

Look around and see what is happening! Our gurdwaras don't teach us anything about sikhism, our youth can't understand what happens at the gurdwara. Maharaj Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us names like 'singh' and 'kaur' to eliminiate caste, yet we all bring up caste i.e. jat, bhatra etc WHY?

Our boys are into drugs, booze etc Our girls are going out with muslims without a care in the world. our gurwara halls are used to eat meat, drink and dance to lewd songs! WHY?

Our beloved Sahibzaade gave up their lives (7 and 9 year old children) surrounded by mughal armies, yet they did not give up their faith. today we get scared by a couple of racist muslims. WHY?

I believe that we are slowly becoming like a scared community, who can only fight amongst themselves! I really believe that we need to get a grip NOW, before it is too late!!

I apologise if I have offended anyone

Thanks,

My feeling is that my generation were pretty tough that greew up in the 80's......the Battle for GRavesend 70's....Newham 8....Southall Riots....Shere Punjab.........Holy Smoke and Toots before they went haywire.........

all the new generation are good for is getting beaten up by Muslims and Kalay.......and stabbing each other in Birmingham at Basakhi Mela's...... blink.gif ....attacking old men at social events in community centres in leamington....and arguing about tables and chairs.........

PS and talking tough on websites.... :)

My feeling is that my generation were pretty tough that greew up in the 80's......the Battle for GRavesend 70's....Newham 8....Southall Riots....Shere Punjab.........Holy Smoke and Toots before they went haywire.........

all the new generation are good for is getting beaten up by Muslims and Kalay.......and stabbing each other in Birmingham at Basakhi Mela's...... blink.gif ....attacking old men at social events in community centres in leamington....and arguing about tables and chairs.........

PS and talking tough on websites.... :cool:

Spoken like a budda :) aka "In my day things were different...."

I think roop33 was asking questions of the whole Sikh community which your generation is also present in, and dont forget its probably your generation that leads these people you condemn... here was roop33 asking for unity and you've coming along and made a generation divide ;)

I think every community has problems and we cant go back to the mob/gang mentality of decades ago because firstly its illegal and secondly look where thats turned out? but at the time it was needed...

Every community has problems... and I agree its our lack of unity in the UK that has magnified it.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh roop veerji,

Veera u know what in these days we just live for money ( i hate that ). People only need money thatz it. pyar khatam ho gea sab vich. there is no pyar in any sikh. o yaar we need to learn how to love our brothers and sisters, need to learn how to live 4 each other. but this is shame 4 us we just love each other 4 our benefits. i m proud of my those brothers and sisters who love each other without looking 4 benefits. i bow to all sikhs those who still have pyar in their heart. sorry roop veer but hun manu nahi lagda koi v pyar naal reh sakda, they get used to this lonly life like a stone. but veera kadi v apnay es veer di lor paye tan jaror dasyo mai tuhaday laye koi sewa kar sakaya tan bhut khushi hovayge.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Veera u know what in these days we just live for money ( i hate that ). People only need money thatz it. pyar khatam ho gea sab vich. there is no pyar in any sikh. o yaar we need to learn how to love our brothers and sisters, need to learn how to live 4 each other. but this is shame 4 us we just love each other 4 our benefits. i m proud of my those brothers and sisters who love each other without looking 4 benefits. i bow to all sikhs those who still have pyar in their heart. sorry roop veer but hun manu nahi lagda koi v pyar naal reh sakda, they get used to this lonly life like a stone. but veera kadi v apnay es veer di lor paye tan jaror dasyo mai tuhaday laye koi sewa kar sakaya tan bhut khushi hovayge.

I also feel that Favouritism isnt doing us any good! :)

Sanu vi tuhadey sewa di laud hai! blink.gif hope that made sense ;) ...and i have alot of pyar :cool:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

I also feel that Favouritism isnt doing us any good! :)

Sanu vi tuhadey sewa di laud hai! blink.gif hope that made sense ;) ...and i have alot of pyar :cool:

veera rub agay ardas a ki oh maray ton apni v sewa lavay tay apnay gursikhan di v. tuhada chota veer is always ready for ur charan dhur.

gursikhan ki har dhur daay hum papi bhi gat payen..

mari khalon mojray gursikh handaunday... :lol:

be in chardi kala veera.

gurfateh ji

veera rub agay ardas a ki oh maray ton apni v sewa lavay tay apnay gursikhan di v. tuhada chota veer is always ready for ur charan dhur.

gursikhan ki har dhur daay hum papi bhi gat payen..

mari khalon mojray gursikh handaunday... ;)

be in chardi kala veera.

gurfateh ji

Okey my Punjabi in English aint good :) havent got a clue what you said blink.gif ...but I suspect your throwing a bucket full off humilty! :WW: which is something people like me need to learn from you pray.gif

Stay in Chardikala! :nihungsmile:

PS and talking tough on websites.... :)

We are products of our environments and those days sort of forced guys to be tough. Remember not being able to go anywhere without hearing racist abuse. Plus it wasn't like the NF wasn't actively "paki" bashing all over the place. Plus older guys grew up in the times when the community was establishing themselves and didn't have the luxuries people take for granted today.

These guys have it seriously easy compared to that and it shows.