Did The Gurus Have Past Lives?

manbiro singh

yh Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj meditated in his previous life at sri hemkunt sahib.

"The Guru Ji tells us about his previous incarnation, that in the Himalayan range, where there is Sapt Sring Mountain, on that hill he meditated the Name of God. In his meditation when he became one with God, then the Almighty ordained him to take birth in India in order to crush the cruel rulers."

History of Hemkunt Sahib

For new or younger Sikhs, it's best if they not be told about this yet. All they should be told is that Guru Maharaj is Sargun Saroop Vaheguru.

It becomes difficult to grasp the idea of Guru ji having both previous 'avtars' and being GurParmeshar, so Mahapurakhs usually don't tell this stuff to new jagiasoo. Only when they become more firm in their Sikhi and shardha can more deeper stuff be revealed.

yeahh from wat ive heard all the gurus had past lives, starting of with guru nanak dev jee, he did aroud 36 jugez of bhagti so did guru gobind singh jee just cant remember his name from the previous janam

WJKK WJKF

I think Guru Nanak Dev ji directly emerged from Jot of Nirankar and Guru gobind did had a previous life(as he mentioned himself) ................ while not sure about rest of them wait for few years i ll ask them when ill meet them :) .

Waheguru!

Just i am amazed to see stupidity in the entire concept.

Wont sikhs see that this is myth entered by some clever brahmin.

I wonder what such people read bani as by saying so they accept hindu avataaars???

Why do Guru Nanak Dev jee prohibit idol worship?

may be such people want to live in some sort of fantasy as it saves them from harsh realities of world.

There is no avataar as stated in dasam granth of Guru gobind singh.

All hindu gods are Myth and used in bani in context of common people as us or great kings.