Another Bollywood Film

ocelot

Bollywood today has totally lost the plot, i stopped watching bollywood movies a while back...with the exception of laagan :awesome

But why are singhs with turbans, in most bollywood movies, always the joke character; you the funny guy who no-one takes seriously. can someone explain this?

Them knowing of our history that the punjab is the sword arm of indian, but they want to send a message accross to todays youth that these sikhs are clowns not warriors. its a good way using media to attack us.

have u noticed that in every film the bad guys surname is usually SINGH. they want to make us look like either terrorists of clowns.

No ....its a mega movie project by Vipul Shah...the same guy who made bollywood movies like Namastey London.

In my opinion the Indian Media is just trying to cash on the Punjabi/Sikhi Image of them ruling the roost everywhere be it US/UK CANADA in a glamourous way, and my urge to sangat would be not to get distracted by such gimicks .... as we know that media will never take Full turban and bearded Sikh for the second gen indian youth.....there is no need to get ur mind upset over it.

And to be honest if you visit punjab today you will get to see the same exact replica of sikhs but they still are very ankheeley and flaunt their punjabiyat (which again is matter which can be discussed) very proudly.

Also for my very dear long sighted brothers.....there is no RSS /BJP/ISI/VHP involved trying to defame the sikh image.

Fateh.

so will the akal takhat say anything about this "singh" image?

probably not, but thought i'd ask.

If you are so concerned don't watch the movie. Improve your Sikhi and let others learn from you.

Thats what our leaders will say.

i thought akal takhat set a precedent when they were ticked at harbhajan singh, the cricketer, for being on a billboard with his kesh open...

Bollywood today has totally lost the plot, i stopped watching bollywood movies a while back...with the exception of laagan :awesome

But why are singhs with turbans, in most bollywood movies, always the joke character; you the funny guy who no-one takes seriously. can someone explain this?

Amazing that people don`t realize whats going on. The media has a VERY VERY powerful influence on society, especially on the youth. Why do companies spend loads of millions on advertising?

. . . Because people get influenced by what they see/hear in the media.

Look at the state of Punjab and ask yourself if the media has had any affect on the people there in the last 15 years. ?? The media has brainwashed our youth into wanting to look like the monay heros they see, and brainwashed our girls into thinking that sardars are stupid and that heros (ie desirable men) are always cleanshaven monay, whereas the truth in India is quite the oppoisite.

This is a very serious issue, especially if , on the whole, our girls dont want to marry Singhs. I personally dont suggest people to go mad every time they see this type of attack, but actually use it to motivate themselves to be more succesful. It would also be useful to have more sucessful sikh role models in the media also.