Gursikhi Jeevan of Baba Thakur Singh ji & other Taksal Gursikhs

Buv_Singh

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa on the Jeevan of Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

SantJarnailandAmolakS-712126.jpg

http://rapidshare.de/files/11412093/Sant.J...Jeevan.mp3.html

Click on the link above to download Katha by Sri Maan Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa on the jeevan of Sri Maan Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa.

When you click on the link a new page should appear, scroll down and click on the 'free' button. Then wait for your download ticket, enter the three word/number displayed into the textbox and then click on the button download.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਹਉ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈ ॥

When Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji left for Sachkhand he was at Mehta. At the time Sant Ji left for his eternal home there were about a hundred Singhs with him. One of these Singhs was called Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji who had come from Orissa and who had joined Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj’s Taksal when he was very young.

06.0.jpg

Bhai Gurmukh Singh is the Singh standing on the Right next to Sant Ji

During Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji’s life, Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji was always with Sant Ji. Anywhere Sant Ji would go, Bhai Sahib would go there too. Bhai Gurmukh Singh would do a lot of Seva for Sant Ji and the rest of the Singhs in the jatha. He had dedicated his whole life to this seva.

Bad thoughts would not come to his mind and he was always reciting the name of Akaal Purakh. Bhai Sahib would hardly sleep and would get up very early to begin his very long nitnem, along with 3-4 hours of Naam Abhiyaas. Bhai Sahib would also do Jorria Di Seva every day, when no one would see him.

Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji had a very high avastha and it was for this reason he was able to spend the majority of his life in the company of puran Brahmgyanis like Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji, Sant Baba Kartar Singh Ji and Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji.

Most of us can only hope for a glimpse of these beautiful souls, but just imagine the amount of naam abiyhaas Bhai Sahib had done not only in this life but those previous to this one too which let him spend nearly all his life with these jewels of the panth.

Baba_Gurbachan_Singh_20.jpg

On 28th June 1961 at Mehta on Thursday at 2.10am Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji’s breathing started slowing down and whilst doing Waheguru Simran, Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale merged back into the light that they had come from.

Baba_Gurbachan_Singh_18.jpg

Sant Ji’s body was kept inside and the rest of the Singhs were sleeping outside in the fields. Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji although upset that Sant Ji had left him, still accepted Akaal Purakh’s hukam.

Baba_Gurbachan_Singh_17.jpg

That night Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji could not sleep. After Sant Ji left this world Bhai Sahib went and had ishanaan. Bhai Sahib then did his nitnem and naam abiyhaas and then began to do Jooria Di Seva. As Bhai Sahib was doing this, he got darshan of Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranwale.

Bhai Sahib looked in awe of Sant Ji and he started to cry tears of happiness. Sant Ji told Bhai Sahib that he had dedicated his life to sikhi and seva and that Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj was very pleased with him. As a result of this Sant Ji asked Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji to return home to the beautiful feet of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj with him.

At about 4.00am the rest of the Singhs from the jatha had woken up and had done their ishnaan and were doing their nitnem. Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji came and sat with the jatha of Singhs and he constantly had the name of Waheguru on his lips just like he had done for most of his life.

Baba_Gurbachan_Singh_23.jpg

Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji’s body was then taken to Amritsar Sahib were water was taken from the sarovar. Sant Ji’s ishnaan was performed outside the Gurudwara complex. Before returning home Sant Ji had told Singhs that he wanted his body to be cremated at Patalpuri, Sri Kiratpur Sahib. As a result Sant Ji’s body was taken there.

Baba_Gurbachan_Singh_25.jpg

Many Singhs from the Jatha did Kirtan that day. A pyre was then prepared from fresh wood. Sant Ji’s body was then placed on the pyre as Kirtan continued to be sung.

A Singh then began to recite Sri Japji Sahib Ji. Other Singh’s continued to set the pyre while reciting Sri Japji Sahib Ji in their hearts. After 20 minutes the recitation of Sri Japji Sahib Ji was completed and Ardas was done by the Singhs. After this Ardas the pyre was then lit. Sri Sohila Sahib Ji was then recited by a Singh.

Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji was standing near to the pyre. When Sri Sohila Sahib Ji path was completed Bhai Sahib jumped into the pyre so that he could return home to the feet of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj with Sant Ji. Some Singhs who were near Bhai Sahib tried to stop him by holding him back. But how could anyone stop Bhai Sahib from going home?

If we touch something hot we get hurt and we cry out in pain. But when Bhai Sahib jumped into the pyre he did so with a smile on his face. There was no pain, no tears; no crying out, all Bhai Sahib was saying was waheguru, waheguru, waheguru, waheguru, waheguru this was also done with a smile on his face.

Baba_Gurbachan_Singh_19.0.jpg

Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji’s soul returning to its eternal home.

The bachan of a Brahmgyani is exactly the same as a bachan from Akaal Purakh. Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji didn’t have to think twice about it, such was his love for Sant Ji.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Soohee on Pannaa 749

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥

soohee mehalaa 5

Soohee, Fifth Mehla:

ਭਾਗਠੜੇ ਹਰਿ ਸੰਤ ਤੁਮ੍‍ਾਰੇ ਜਿਨ੍‍ ਘਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ॥

bhaagat(h)arrae har sa(n)th thumhaarae jinh ghar dhhan har naamaa

Your Saints are very fortunate; their homes are filled with the wealth of the Lord's Name.

ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਗਣੀ ਸੇਈ ਇਹ ਆਏ ਸਫਲ ਤਿਨਾ ਕੇ ਕਾਮਾ ॥1॥

paravaan ganee saeee eih aaeae safal thinaa kae kaamaa 1

Their birth is approved, and their actions are fruitful. 1

ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਹਉ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈ ॥

maerae raam har jan kai ho bal jaaee

O my Lord, I am a sacrifice to the humble servants of the Lord.

ਕੇਸਾ ਕਾ ਕਰਿ ਚਵਰੁ ਢੁਲਾਵਾ ਚਰਣ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਈ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

kaesaa kaa kar chavar dtulaavaa charan dhhoorr mukh laaee 1 rehaao

I make my hair into a fan, and wave it over them; I apply the dust of their feet to my face. 1Pause

ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਦੁਹਹੂ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਨ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰੀ ਆਏ ॥

janam maran dhuhehoo mehi naahee jan paroupakaaree aaeae

Those generous, humble beings are above both birth and death.

ਜੀਅ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇ ਭਗਤੀ ਲਾਇਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਲੈਨਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ॥2॥

jeea dhaan dhae bhagathee laaein har sio lain milaaeae 2

They give the gift of the soul, and practice devotional worship; they inspire others to meet the Lord. 2

ਸਚਾ ਅਮਰੁ ਸਚੀ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀ ਸਚੇ ਸੇਤੀ ਰਾਤੇ ॥

sachaa amar sachee paathisaahee sachae saethee raathae

True are their commands, and true are their empires; they are attuned to the Truth.

ਸਚਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਸਚੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਸੇ ਤਿਨਿ ਜਾਤੇ ॥3॥

sachaa sukh sachee vaddiaaee jis kae sae thin jaathae 3

True is their happiness, and true is their greatness. They know the Lord, to whom they belong. 3

ਪਖਾ ਫੇਰੀ ਪਾਣੀ ਢੋਵਾ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਪੀਸਣੁ ਪੀਸਿ ਕਮਾਵਾ ॥

pakhaa faeree paanee dtovaa har jan kai peesan pees kamaavaa

I wave the fan over them, carry water for them, and grind corn for the humble servants of the Lord.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਸਿ ਬੇਨੰਤੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਨ ਦੇਖਣੁ ਪਾਵਾ ॥4॥7॥54॥

naanak kee prabh paas baena(n)thee thaerae jan dhaekhan paavaa 4754

Nanak offers this prayer to God - please, grant me the sight of Your humble servants. 4754

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyarai

I have made countless mistakes narrating this sakhi so please forgive me.

Here is breif sketch of Bhai Gurmukh Singh's Life:

The Life of Gurmukh Singh Aurdeesa

Gurmukh Singh Aurdeesa, was by birth a Hindu and born into a poor Hindu family. Coming from a poor family he was made at an early age to leave home in search of work and moved around before settling down in Calcutta.

Due to good deeds in his past lives Gurmukh Singh would visit various Gurdwara Sahibs and with utmost devotion and love do Seva in the Langar of washing the dirty pots and pans. It was with such good Karm that Gurmukh Singh found Sangat of many famous sadhus’s and saints. It was this same good Karm that brought Gurmukh Singh into the sangat where he heard the glorious praises of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji recited by such holy Sikh Saints as those of Sant Baba Ajaib Singh Ji, and learned of Gurmat and the Gurmat way from the spiritually uplifting dharna Kirtan and Katha of Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji (Rara Sahib).

The darshan and sangat of such great Sikh Mahpursh (Saints) led, Gurmukh Singh’s mind to be filled with Gurmat and Gursikhi thoughts. Even while being Hindu, Gurmukh Singh started to keep his Kes (hair) and started to lead a life in accordance with Gurmat.

Everyday after spending a laborious day at work in the factory Gurmukh Singh would come and devote whatever time he had, to the service of the Sangat at the Gurdwara Sahib. Only after spending countless hours lovingly washing and cleaning dirty dishes, in the service of the holy Sangat of the Guru would Gurmukh Singh feel content and at peace and feel all his desires fulfilled. Such satisfaction is told of in Sri Rahiraas Sahib (evening prayer),

Jin Har Sevaiya Tin Sukh Paiya ||

Those who serve You find peace.

Upon the request of Sangat, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa and jatha visited Calcutta. On arrival Sri Akhand Paht Sahib paths where started at Gurdwara Sahib Jugat Sudaar. Kirtan and Katha darbaars where also organized and done on behalf of the Jatha.

During Katha, vadiyaartis (students) would sit and have Sri Pothi Sahibs open and follow along as Mahpursh did Katha. Listening to the Katha of Mahpursh and seeing the love and devotion all the students had for Gurbani, topped it off for Gurmukh Singh and his mind now wanted nothing more but to learn more about Gurbani and Gurmat and he craved for nothing more but to take Amrit and join the Khalsa fold.

When the seed of the karma of past actions sprouted, I met the Lord; He is both the Enjoyer and the Renunciate.

My darkness was dispelled when I met the Lord. O Nanak, after being asleep for countless incarnations, I have awakened.

(Raag Gauree, Ang 204)

Gurmukh Singh wanting to do darshan of Mahpursh (Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa) went up to Mahpursh when they where not holding a diwan and with folded hands went to bow his head at the feet of Mahpursh, when Mahpursh stopped him and said,

“Hey Premia (Lover of the Guru) !! You should only bow your head to Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Instead you should meet me with folded hands and say, VAHEGURU JE KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JE KE FATEH !”

Some nearby Singh’s who where friends of Gurmukh Singh and knew of his hearts desires then said out loud,

“Mahpurkho, this premi’s from a Hindu family, but today after hearing your Katha his heart has been set to join with you and the Jatha and learn more about Gurmat and be trained in reading of Gurbani. He does tremendous amounts of Seva and the sangat here loves him dearly.”

Sant Mahpursh then replied,

"First this premi should take Amrit and be on the path of the Guru. Then he must abide by the conditions set for all Singhs who wish to be part of the Jatha. If he is willing then he can come and be trained in Gurmat.”

Hearing this Gurmukh Singh was extremely pleased with being able to take Amrit and join the Guru’s Fauj (army), and have the privilege to learn Gurmat vidyia from the Jatha. In the following days an Amrit Sinchaar was organized and Gurmukh Singh took Amrit from the punj pyarai (five beloved) who then changed and kept his name as Gurmukh Singh.

That evening when Gurmukh Singh met with Mahpursh Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji, Mahpursh called for Giani Pritam Singh Ji and told them,

"This premi (Gurmukh Singh) was born into a Hindu family, but today he has taken Amrit from the Punj Pyarai who have bestowed upon him the name of Gurmukh Singh. He has a deep interest in learning Sikhiya from the Jatha. Let it be known that he is now with the Jatha. Not only is he a gurmukh but that is also his name.”

Baba Lohara Singh Ji was also sitting close by, and mahpursh called to them and instructed them as such,

“Lohara Singh Ji, this Singh has studied in a Hindu school and can read and understand Hindi. He can also read Gurmukhi. Sit with him and help him get started on his schooling in Gurbani."

Then on behalf of Baba Loharaa Singh Ji, Bhai Kartaar Singh Ji "premi" & Bhai Kishan Singh Ji, Gurmukh Singh learned the proper ucharan of Gurbani and in no time became an Akhand Pathi, and quickly memorized his Nitnem and other banian.

Although many students would further there gyian in such areas as Katha or Kirtan, Gurmukh Singh instead preferred to do Seva in the Langar where he would prepare the dough, start the fires, prepare roti, wash the dirty dishes, distribute the langar alongside any other duties that needed doing. However no matter what task Gurmukh Singh took on, he did it with full enthusiasm and with great amounts of devotion and love, while always remaining humble.

Whenever Mahpursh where physically ill or tired Gurmukh Singh would help take care of them. In the summer times, Gurmukh Singh would take on the Seva of fanning sangat and spent much time in the Seva of Mahpursh.

During Amrit Vela, Gurmukh Singh would recite Sri Sukhmani Sahib for the older Singhs, and for the Singhs who where preparing Langar. Regardless of whatever else was going on, Gurmukh Singh would always complete his Nitnem and never tire or get sloppy while doing Seva.

No matter what the situation Gurmukh would never act lazy and Mahpursh respected and held Gurmukh Singh in high esteem for the amount of Simran, & Seva that he did and with the love and respect he would show to all those around him while doing it.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=5060

Sacrificing and giving of all possessions

One time Gurmukh Singh gathered whatever money he had, his warm lohee (shawl), mattress, his books, and whatever possessions that belonged to him and took them to Mahpursh Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa and placed them on a table in front of Mahpursh. Totally lost in Anand, colored in Naam with no attachment for anything of his own Gurmukh Singh was about to say,

“Maharaaj, please accept my offerings!”

However knowing all, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji got up and before Gurmukh Singh could say a word, started an Ardaas on behalf of Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji and directed the question Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji was going to ask into the lap to Guru Sahib saying,

“Dear Trurthful Lord, Bhai Gurmukh Singh Aurdeesa sacrifices all his belongings and entirety to your Sangat. In return please bless Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji with the love of your name and have him forever imbued in this love of your name across all planes.”

The Ardaas was said in such a way, that hearing such an Ardaas would bring a tear to ones eyes, and an amazing rejuvenating feeling would have overcome them. Gurmukh Singh’s spirit was greatly uplifted. A Singh also witnessing this later, asked Mahpursh,

“Hey maharajah, if he gave up all these normal usual items that you yourself gave him, how is that giving everything (sarbans)?

Absorbed in Naam, Sant replied,

“Singho! Understand this. Gurmukh Singh sacrificed all that he had from head to toe, and sacrificed all that he felt belonged to him. Whatever he thought was his, he gave it all to Guru Sahib Ji, and this is called Sarbans Daan, sacrificing everything. It doesn’t matter if you have a little or a lot. Whatever you think is yours if you give it all up then that alone is sarbans daan. But not anyone can just do this.

Through countless hours of seva serving in serving Sangat, Guru Sahib blessed Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji with such kirpa to do such a thing (give up everything he had).

May I Forever be with Sant Ji

One day upon being pleased by Gurmukh Singh’s Seva-Simran Jeevan, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji approached Gurmukh Singh Ji and said,

“Come, Bhai Aurdeesa Ji! Ask for what your heart desires. I am very pleased and delighted with your service here.”

Gurmukh Singh Ji with folded hands then requested,

“Maharaaj! I have no other desires except for my one desire that I pass from this life with you and not have to spend this life without you” and then repeated the following lines of Gurbani,

O Saint, You are attuned to the Lord. Please stand by me, Architect of Destiny; please take me to my destination, Great Giver.

Sant joyfully replied,

“By the grace of the Great Guru, and with the Guru’s supreme and divine blessings, then you too can pass with me”

At that time the other Singh’s who were present, did not understand the deeper meanings as to what Mahpursh and Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji’s conversation was all about All they understood about the conversation was that, Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji, was asking, Mahpursh that since they brought him into the Jatha, to allow him to remain with the Jatha until his end. The reality of what Gurmukh Singh Ji and Mahpursh talked about and the deeper meanings of saying until the end came to light, at Kiratpur Sahib Patalpuri, when Gurmukh Singh jumped into the angeeta sahib and clutched Mahpursh and held onto them close, being burned alive and cremated alongside them,

Those who witnessed Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji Aurdeesa jump into the flames that day where all shocked and left speechless. From Singh’s of the jatha, Panthic leaders, politicians, people of great honor and reputation , police and those in civil service where all unable to hide there shock at what they had seen when they witnessed Gurmukh Singh Ji, jumped into the flames with Mahapursh Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji. The only thought that repeated in the minds of all sangat present was,

“Blessed is the Guru, Blessed is the Guru’s Sikh, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale, and blessed is Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji Aurdeesa.”

Tayraa kee-aa meethaa laagai

normal_6.0.jpg

One time Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale along with Singhs from the Jatha went to Sri Darbar Sahib.

After having the Darshan of Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, Sant Ji and the rest of the Singhs were walking on parkarma around Sachkhand Sri Darbar Sahib Ji.

As the Singhs approached Sri Akaal Takht Sahib Ji tears began to roll down Sant Ji’s cheeks. Sant Ji stopped walking and used his hands to wipe his eyes. He then looked at the floor and stared at it for some time. Sant Ji then looked directly at Sri Akaal Takht Sahib Ji and said, "Tayraa kee-aa meethaa laagai. Har naam padaarath naanak maangai."

Your Will is sweet to Me. Nanak begs for the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

Singhs who were with Sant Ji at the time looked at one another and wondered what Sant Ji was looking at, why he had shed so many tears and why he had uttered the beautiful words of Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj.

They asked Sant Ji what had happened. All Sant Ji told them was "Tayraa kee-aa meethaa laagai. Har naam padaarath naanak maangai."

normal_47.jpg

A Sikh lady was witness to these events. It was only after June 1984 that she realised that Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale had seen Guru Sahib on fire. He had seen all the bullets which hit Sach Khand Sri Darbar Sahib. He had seen Sri Akaal Takht Sahib in a pile of rubble. He had seen the blood of the sangat. He had seen the beautiful blue sarovar turn red. He had seen the tanks, the helicopters, the soldiers, and the beadbi. But he had also seen Guru Sahib and Guru Ji’s Ladlee Fauj.

akal_takht_op_bluestar_20040823.jpg

Sant Ji cried for a while but then accepted this was the will of that most beautiful Guru of ours, Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, the king of kings and the saint of saints, who took all that beadbi on himself just for us.

100_0844.jpg

ikonkaar.blogspot.com