Are Monai Considered Sikh

Kharku

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so would you guys consider Mardana a sikh, who believed in Guru Nanak as his true Guru and served him through out his entire life.

Yes? Are you saying we shouldn't?

so u can cosider a muslim to be a sikh but not a mona

Did he die a Muslim?! grin.gif

do muslims have ways of dieing

I just want to say that a Sikh in his or her life represents our Gurus and Sikhi, just like how a person would represent their family. You start doing bad things like stealing ect. your family will get a bad name and image.

Same thing with a Sikh, if you do bad things (drink, smoke, do drugs, steal ect.) our entire Kaum gets a bad name and image.

So in my opinion a Sikh is a person that properly represents our Gurus by following their example, by following Gurbani.

Guest peacemaker
so u can cosider a muslim to be a sikh but not a mona

I think you're mistaken. Go and review the previous page and tell me what I have been saying the whole time. Let's pretend like we're in first grade and I want you to come back with a summary of what I said. Thank you, beta. :)

My opinion is its really easy to point the finger and say he/she is/are a non Kesdharee. I feel as this is almost a fact that non Kesdharee are the REAL Sikhs - so to speak - non Kesdharee are the ones that go to the Gurdvaara with PROPER Nimerathaa; they sit right at the back..yeah okay one becuase they can lean against the wall - but EVERYONE does it - but main questionable reason I bet is that they sit at the back becuase they feel they have no right to sit up front with the Singhs and Singhnee'yaa. I accept that their is a difference between Culture and Religion - but since when has anyone got the right to say yeah 'he/she is non Kesdharee'. Its understandable to say that having Kes is the "first" step in Sikhism - to be recognised and representing Sikhism - but if I/we get all harsh and say that them non Kesdharee can't be labelled as Sikhs - where are non Keshdharees to turn? Being born into a Sikh family isn't enough of a base to say 'yes I was blessed enough to be born into a Sikh family now only we are Sikhs others arent'. Pushing non Kesdharee Sangath away based on their looks aint right.

If you look into Sikh history there are such people that went BEYOND the apperance and walked the path of Sikhism and soon got Mukhthee.

When we see a non Kesdharee I/we instantly assume he/she must do the whole panjabee thing i.e. eating meat,drinkin,smokin etc etc - but HOW do we know what goes in each others mind? They may be MAJOR MahaPursh's.

Theres a Sakhee on such issue - well its related - I think it was Bhagath Fareedh Jee or Bhagath Kabeer Jee - cant remember the name now sorry - but the Sakhee goes as follow:

Bhagath Jee understood the concept that the more people do your Nindheh'yaa the closer you become to Vaheguroo - he went to the lengths of getting a bootle - that looked like alcohol bottle and filled it with water. He went about the streets and staggered - as if he was drunk - he made out as if he was a nex level alcoholic - people about him in the streets looked at him and made comments like 'psssh alcoholic - look at him see how quickly such "great" Godly people fall' or 'see how even so called "Babeh" fall - they tell us about how great God is but still go about doing sin' etc - Bhagath Jee heard this and smiled - he said

'Nindho Nindho Mohkoh Lohk Nindho'

To a extent non Kesdharee are blessed since people like ME/you go about doing Nindheh'yaa - there getting closer to Vaheguroo more than me NO MATTER how much Paat I/you do.

Concluding, if you ask me non Kesdharee may not be lucky enough to be blessed with Sikhism YET - but if you Singhs/Singhnee'yaa are going to push non Kesdharee Sangath away WHO will save them? Only with Sangath can ANYONE Thar this world.

p.s. sorry for the lecture

being a sikh goes far beyond having a daree and dastaar.... it goes far beyond even wearing a kirpaan and having all ur kakkars... shoot, look at dem corrupt peepz at sgpc and akaal takht... y'all gonna say they're all considered "sikhs"???

sikhi, first off, is about love... without love, and i mean REALY love... REAL ISHQ of your satguru ... there isn't anything... when you have real ISHQ of your Satguru, u'll have real love for all HIS creations and every soul on this planet... u'll see Satguru in everything... and it begins there...

to be a sikh... u must fall at the feet of ur Guru... see ur Guru as the one and only.. u must commit to serving your Guru, and to control your mind (controlling/eradicating the 5 vices).. a person must do naam, bani, seva, sangat... live a truthful and riteous life... 'kirat karnee, vand kay shakna, naam japna'...

sikhi is FAR more advanced then jus the outside appearance of the person... it goes to the INSIDE of the person..

there are many 'singhs' and 'singhnees' who don't depcit sikhee at all... buh at the same time there's also many monay who show many of those qualities of what a sikh should be... so we can't judge on the outside appearance of a person...

yes.. one must also have full faith in Amrit, and be constantly working toward takin Amrit (hopefully in the near future)... buh, it doesn't even finish there... the process STILL continues after takin amrit... and it becomes a harder and more disciplined process... in due time, hopefully that person progresses into a Khalsa...

bottom line... kesh alone, does not make you a sikh... BUT... NOBODY can deny its importance on the path of sikhi!!

My personal view is that if your not properly representing our Gurus 'Inside and Out', then you should take a long look in the mirror and consider for yourself (who cares what others think) whether you are a Sikh or not.

Self-evaluate your devoution, your actions, your habbits, your knowledge of Gurbani, are you doing what it takes to defeat (with the help of Waheguru) the Panj Vikar?

Look back at our history, at the sacrifice of past Sikhs, are you following in their example? Do you feel that you deserve to be called a Sikh?

This applies to everybody...........we can't say with 100% certainty that another person is a Sikh or not (judging others) but we do know everything about ourselves, so are you a Sikh or not? Or Why are you a Sikh?