Where Can I Get A Sarangi?

Amarjodh Singh

Sarnagi or Dilruba?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Sarangi
    • Dilruba
    • Israj

Yhh course dilruba gives wicked sounds, but in my opnion every1s got thier own "sound" , some people prefer other instruments like taus cos of the echo etc, so the one that touches ur heart the most should be the one that you aim to learn really, cos thats the one thats gonna help you make more of a connection with waheguruuu. Dont just go for an easy option though, go for something your going to look forward to everyday :lol: even if its gonna take a lifetime to learn

it depends what kind of sarangi you want....do u want it for classical raag kirtan or for dhadi? classical raag kirtan sarangai and dhadi sarangi are slightly different, ie the 3 main strings and placed in different positions depending if its for dhadi or raag kirtan....also dhadi sarangi comes 2 sizes: a tota (small) and dhaee palsee (bigger same size as a classical raag kirtan sarangi)

it depends what kind of sarangi you want....do u want it for classical raag kirtan or for dhadi? classical raag kirtan sarangai and dhadi sarangi are slightly different, ie the 3 main strings and placed in different positions depending if its for dhadi or raag kirtan....also dhadi sarangi comes 2 sizes: a tota (small) and dhaee palsee (bigger same size as a classical raag kirtan sarangi)

I would prefer it for the clasical Raag Kirtan. Also do you think the Dilruba or the Sarangi is better/ more suitable for Raag Kirtan?

I would prefer it for the clasical Raag Kirtan. Also do you think the Dilruba or the Sarangi is better/ more suitable for Raag Kirtan?

sarangi sounds alot better in my opinion. however dilruba is easier to play. both cost around the same. best to go to india to get ur saaj

both are equyally suitable, however the sarangi is much harder to learn than dilruba. do what i have and get both. i pratcice first on dilruba and once ive got a little feel of the raag, ive try it on sarangi. I would find it rally hard to go straight onto sarangi. The sarangi is the best tho!!!

wink2.gif wjkk wjkf

go onto google or any search engine and find the raj musical webpage

buy it online from there. Tips. get a one with english strings not indian cheapo ones:g: