11 Million Species?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

This is interesting. EmiJiha Jeeo you make sense when saying Vaheguroo's creation is Limitless, as this occurs in Gurbani. How can the Limitless have a limited creation?

However, there are also references to 8.4 million joons in Gurbani. Do you think these have been taken literally? Or are these only in reference to the cycle of birth and death which separated souls must go through?

I would be great if you could give further veechaar on this :lol: . Just trying to understand thats all.

Thanks.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.4 million species is a hindu concept. guru sahib has used the number as a metaphor to say. ok since you guys believe that there's 8.4 million and thats the limit, lets go with that. BUT the key point is waheguru provides for all

as per hindu philosphy, there's 4.2 million species in water and 4.2 on land ....

Please dont take gurbani literally. ofcourse, i may be wrong :@

this ashtpadi from shri sukhmani sahib maybe help some :lol:

sloku ]

salok ||

Salok:

ausqiq krih Anyk jn AMqu n pwrwvwr ]

ousathath karehi anaek jan a(n)th n paaraavaar ||

Many people praise the Lord. He has no end or limitation.

nwnk rcnw pRiB rcI bhu ibiD Aink pRkwr ]1]

naanak rachanaa prabh rachee bahu bidhh anik prakaar ||1||

O Nanak, God created the creation, with its many ways and various species. ||1||

you can read the entire ashtpadi here: http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=275

here's a similar thread on sikhphilosophy that will be of interest: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/interfaith-d...-species-2.html

terisharan is right. if you study biology you will know that there are constanly new species formed. i think 8.4 million is the number of lives one must go through before being liberated. each step at goindwal is meant to wash away the karma of 1 lakh lives and there are 84 steps. goindwal was established by guru amar das ji so i don,t think we should disregard the concept of 8.4 million lives as being hindu.

ps science is a bunch of crap and we used to live in a garden with an apples and a snake etc and earthquakes are god punishing us for not killing gays

come on people as sikhs were suposed to look at things with logic and always be on the search for truth, science is the search for truth