Another Sikh Family Torn Apart By Preditory Muslim Male

sikh supreme

SECRET AFFAIR DROVE MUM TO KIDNAP GIRL, 16

BY ANDREW WAKEFIELD

AWAKEFIELD@DERBYTELEGRAPH.CO.UK

09:30 - 17 November 2007

A young Sikh girl was kidnapped by her mother and uncle after they discovered she was having a secret affair with a Muslim boy.

The 16-year-old girl's mum discovered the affair by finding messages to her boyfriend on her computer.

The teenager, fearing she would be forced into an arranged marriage, fled to a women's refuge.

But when she went out to visit a cinema, her mother and uncle ambushed her and bundled her into a car.

Refuge workers discovered the girl was missing and alerted police, who went to her Derby home and found her.

Prosecutor Richard Thatcher said: "He was a Muslim and she was a Sikh. Because of this, both parties felt if either of their families became aware of the existence of the relationship it would be ended.

"She was in fear. One of the things she was concerned about was that her parents would split them up but also that they would make her go to India to undergo an arranged marriage -- something she was not keen to do.

"She found their attitudes difficult and the attitude that there should be a lesser view taken of her boyfriend was something she could not understand and considered to be an old prejudice."

But Dan Gaskell, mitigating for the mother and uncle, said: "It was a totally misguided attempt to return this young girl to the family - to return her home, sit her down and sort things out.

"There was no intention of any forced marriage and no religious aspect to the case - this was perpetrated out of genuine concern."

Judge Christopher Plunkett, at Leicester Crown Court, dismissed the teenager's claims that her mother wanted to force an arranged marriage.

He told the two accused: "The two of you bundled your daughter into the back of your car, you drove her away against her will and you kept her against her will for a number of hours.

"If I was of the opinion that you had carried out this offence to get her to enter into an arranged marriage, I would not hesitate to send you to prison. This operation was, however ill-judged and, however misconceived, at its root well-intentioned.

"The result has been tragic - your daughter is estranged, you have lost her trust. Whatever you say your intention was, she is left in fear. This sort of behaviour is entirely unacceptable."

Yesterday, the girl's mother and uncle, who cannot be named, were given a 12-month suspended sentence and ordered to do a total of 205 hours of unpaid work between them. The mother was put under a 12-month supervision order. They each admitted one charge of kidnap.

After she left home, the 16-year-old girl was taken in by Derby's Karma Nirvana refuge, which helps women who fear being forced into arranged marriages.

The court heard that the young couple had started to communicate through MSN instant computer messaging.

The girl's family soon discovered the relationship and began sending the boy threatening messages. She then ran away to a women's refuge in Derby.

On July 26, the mother and uncle found out she was visiting a cinema in Leicester.

Mr Thatcher continued: "On leaving the cinema she became aware that her mother was in the lobby and ran away.

"She ran into a car park area into the arms of her uncle. He grabbed her. She was screaming and asking to be left alone. She was taken to a waiting car and, with the assistance of her mother, was bundled into the car."

The girl was told not to say anything when the police came looking for her. However, she ignored her family and told officers everything when they knocked on her uncle's door in Derby.

Following the case, Karma Nirvana founder Jasvinder Sanghera said, from what she knew about the case, the girl had a strong fear of being forced into an arranged marriage.

She said forced arranged marriages were on the increase in Derby, with six new cases each day.

How many more cases need to come to the surface before Sikh organisations drill into some of these stupid niave females brains about the consequences of straying off with non-Sikhs. How many more families will have to be torn apart before Sikh women organisations themselves tackle this problem head on not brush it aside making excuses?

Do we want the panth destoryed? where are our family/ Sikh values? It is women who sustain the panth with future generations and it is women who will ultimately destory our beautiful faith if we do not tackle these issues.

Do we have any representatives of kauregous,SAS,etc on here? if so i'd know to know how they plan to tackle these kind of cases and their strategies to prevent vunerable Sikh females falling prey to anti-sikh influences....

i dont know the situation in uk but this aint good.... but for how long are we gonna blame preditory muslims for something that maybe we could have prevented (i am not taking the side of the muslims, so dont say bs like that to me) . people in the sikh community needs to take responsibility(especially some of the parents) and should stop always trying to take the easy way out(i am not denying that this does not happen and i know sometimes nothing can be done to stop something from happening). and my perspective is that in cases such as these the parents needs to stop thinking like they are at war and try to sort out things in a more calm manner instead of acting like taking out there talwar is the only option.

Karma Nirvana founder Jasvinder Sanghera

This woman really gets on my nerves, she appears on all the breakfast shows, and makes sikhs out to be most un-equal faith that ever exists.

What she needs to understand there are extremist muslims who are targeting Sikh girls, not because they like them just the fact that they are Sikh. This situation needs to be sorted, this girl is 16, they are trying to groom them from a young age. We need to help SAS, i know they do talks at Gurdwaras, but we need to get into Colleges, Schools, Even home visits.

jasvinder_look_150.jpg

Jasvinder Sanghera, herself was a problem child who had numerous boyfriends in her eary years, thats why her late mum tried to get her married off. She herself has been divorced twice and has been with non-sikh partners, she's an outcaste and no role model for any decent honest sikh/asian girl. Only this week we heard another sanghera woman murdering an innocent pakistani girl because she was having a secret affair with a muslim guy. These are sick mentally unstable women they are the one's who give all women in our community a bad name when they try to represent them in the media.

"People in my community call me 'the woman with no shame', but I'm proud to hold that title."

- Jasvinder Sanghera

... lol says it all doesnt it

She has not grown up with values and morals that a child needs. Through her ignorance she finds what she is doing as fine. For all we know she might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom.

The Sikh community needs to invest in English sermons where young people can actually learn, rather than them going to a gurdwara and learning nothing and living a life full of ritual. Many young people soon as they hit their teens have abandon gurdwareh simply because they have know relevance to them. After all whats the point in going if you do not learn nothing.

She has not grown up with values and morals that a child needs. Through her ignorance she finds what she is doing as fine. For all we know she might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom.

The Sikh community needs to invest in English sermons where young people can actually learn, rather than them going to a gurdwara and learning nothing and living a life full of ritual. Many young people soon as they hit their teens have abandon gurdwareh simply because they have know relevance to them. After all whats the point in going if you do not learn nothing.

Your right the older generation who make up the committees of gurdwara's are neglecting and have neglected the needs of the youth they instead want to open up their community centres for irrelavant classes and courses for non-sikhs in order to securing govt funding while the youth (80% of them sahedhari's) are slowly slipping away from the panth because they precieve no one cares about them, that Sikhism/religion is only for amritdhari/keshdari's.

i dont see the probelem with this. if the girls wants to run off with a paki. let her.

who cares about these girls.

they oviously have no respect for their religion, their family or themselves.

the on thing they respect is the musclmaan and bowing down to allah.