Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

rimmel...

i don't understand where you're coming up with looking like the guru...it has nothing to do with that...i suggest you re read my post...i am positive that my reasoning is not for looking like the guru...please go over it again...the importance of the hair is outlined...and also..when talking about hair...i will always include the guru in it...because the hair is His...

also read the passages that i've typed up from Prof Puran Singh ji's books...i do believe he delivers a highly sophisticated and loving message...one that i cannot come close to conveying...

also ...i understand your point about line possibly being a metaphor...

but i've done sangat with mahapurkhs who say differently...they say yes..it can be taken metaphorically...but that it is also true that when you reach the stage of the gurmukh even the hairs will do simran..

i have also heard of a sakhi, maybe one of the students of taksal can confirm, that one time when sant kartar singh ji was in the hospital...everytime the doctor put the stethoscope down on his body, he heard waheguru simran going on...and he asked sant ji about it..and he said...yes...you'll hear it through every rom on this sareer (may not be exact wording...but that's how i remember it)

i'm not saying that this is the Sikhi reason...but it definitely does tie kesh in with spirituality...which is what you were looking for..right? for a reason other than that it isn't needed to cut hair?

sikhi IS spirituality.. buh i think when he said 'it wasn't the sikhi answer', it means that he tha's nah the only reason we keep our kesh... i think he's jus stating signficance in a spiritual manner... (which is jus one of the reasons that kesh are important to be kept)...

our kesh IS our Gurus... everything we hvae is our Gurus... tha's why we don't mutilate this body with piercings, tattoos, cosmetic surgery (for fashion), or cut our kesh ... or netin along those lines...

i have also heard of a sakhi, maybe one of the students of taksal can confirm, that one time when sant kartar singh ji was in the hospital...everytime the doctor put the stethoscope down on his body, he heard waheguru simran going on...and he asked sant ji about it..and he said...yes...you'll hear it through every rom on this sareer (may not be exact wording...but that's how i remember it)

i'm not saying that this is the Sikhi reason...but it definitely does tie kesh in with spirituality...which is what you were looking for..right? for a reason other than that it isn't needed to cut hair?

Just had to say....this sakhi reminded me of Bhai Sukha Singh Ji's katha at the waterlooykd :lol:

November 13, 2007, Tuesday 05:00 AM. IST]

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Without understanding, his coming into the world is useless. He puts on various ornaments and many decorations, but it is like dressing a corpse. || Pause || With great effort and exertion, the miser works to gather in the riches of Maya. He does not give anything in charity or generosity, and he does not serve the Saints; his wealth does not do him any good at all. || 1 || The soul-bride puts on her ornaments, embellishes her bed, and fashions decorations. But if she does not obtain the company of her Husband Lord, the sight of these decorations only brings her pain. || 2 || The man works all day long, threshing the husks with the pestle. He is depressed, like a forced laborer, and so he is of no use to his own home. || 3 || But when God shows His Mercy and Grace, He implants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within the heart. Search the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and find the sublime essence of the Lord. || 4 || 2 || 4 ||

and also..when talking about hair...i will always include the guru in it...because the hair is His...

I don' understand how the hair is the Guru's cos surely hair was around before the Guru?

sri guru gobind singh maharaj said if any of his sikhs cut there hair they are cutting my hair, thats why we should think before we do things cus kesh is gurus soo is our body so is this hole world, and being it part of our kakkar we should respect it.

rimmel...

i don't understand where you're coming up with looking like the guru...it has nothing to do with that...i suggest you re read my post...i am positive that my reasoning is not for looking like the guru...please go over it again...the importance of the hair is outlined...and also..when talking about hair...i will always include the guru in it...because the hair is His...

also read the passages that i've typed up from Prof Puran Singh ji's books...i do believe he delivers a highly sophisticated and loving message...one that i cannot come close to conveying...

also ...i understand your point about line possibly being a metaphor...

but i've done sangat with mahapurkhs who say differently...they say yes..it can be taken metaphorically...but that it is also true that when you reach the stage of the gurmukh even the hairs will do simran..

woahhh

what happened here!

this threads gone huge

if you have a problem with my one liner, why dont you use gurbani to justify your stance

jss, i have already debated with you about this under my previous account

run a search