Choosing Peer Groups?

singhsaab kamal

WGJKK WGJKF!!

my skwl is full of muslims !! its almost 50% muslim!! as a sikh i obv dnt have a personal thing against them, the problem i hav is th way most of them act...wen i was younger i gt into fights with a lot of them, there isnt reli eni sikhs in my skwl, only 2 in my yr the rest are younger...i used to hang around with goreh and evrything was kwl..but after yr 11 the goreh i used to hang around with strtd to drink and take drugs...i didnt wnt eni part of it and so i mde the choice to mke friends with other ppl (Muslims) i knw some ppl r gna think im an <banned word filter activated> lol..bt the reason 4 this is the muslims dont drink, nd the 1s hu take drugs nd tht crap stick to themselves...

the thing is my parents think i should strt hangin with goreh agen, they probs think im gna get influenced or sumit by the muslims lol :lol: ...atm i spend time with goreh nd muslims, bt i get the feelin tht ppl are strting to associate me with thm wch is strting to get to me...

does eni1 have eni advice for me on wt i should do?? should i stick with my goreh mates??

WGJKK WGJKF!! :nihungsmile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also went to a school like yours and to be honest everyones as bad as each other and sikhs arent all perfect. you cant pick and choose friends based on religion, guru nanak dev ji had a best friend who was muslim, so they cant really be all that bad hey. stick with the changai bandai :lol: that way no one can point fingers and associate you being like them (drinkers or woteva lol)

Based on my personal experience, hanging out with Muslims makes you stronger in Sikhi. How? You see their dedication, you learn. They try to convert you, you stand up. In course of time, you become stronger :nihungsmile:

Just to correct you, 'SOME' try to convert you......my 2 closest friends are muslims and they have NEVER tried to convert me.

Don't defame an entire religion based on those people who do actively go out and mass-convert people.

BUT, you are right, SOME muslims are VERY dedicated to their religion and we can learn something from them.

peer groups are so important. but at the time you dont realise that their bahaivour, views rub off on you no matter how strong you are. i went to school full of goreh (which isnt a bad thing) but they were into differnt things to me. i was quite strong in my views but it did change me. i started shaving going out to clubs. i didnt realise at the time it was because of this. but i realise it at uni where id spend a lot of timw with sikhs. b4 i knew it i was growing my hair, getting into sikhi etc. now im amrithari. so you may not feel like it influences you but it does.

futeh ji!!over and out

WGJKK WGJKF!

thanx for all of your replies :lol: , reli appreciate it!!

yh i know not to get too close to them, but wen i was younger i woudnt evn talk to them, lol i was always getting into fights or arguments with em...but i agree now i think about it, hangin out with em is making me stronger about myself and what sikhi teaches :@ ...

and just 4 the record no1s tried to convert me yet , nd trust me they ent gna try lol, but thnx :@

nd hanji haha im gna stick with changai bundai haha :lol:

thanx agen...

WGJKK WGJKF!!

Based on my personal experience, hanging out with Muslims makes you stronger in Sikhi. How? You see their dedication, you learn. They try to convert you, you stand up. In course of time, you become stronger :nihungsmile:

Well the sikhs in my school used to go out with each other, smoke and act like they owned the school

and i used to hang around with my close 3 muslim friends... not all muslims are bad - friendship shouldnt always be based on what religion you are..

my advice wud be is that.... try and keep sanagat friends.. i knw ur skool aint got none.... im the only sikh in my whole skool, and kinda got same prob as u, but in mine they r mostly goreh.. and i have noticed all they do and talk about is: clubbing, drinking and partying everyy weekend... so wat u shud do is... just go to skool 2 study, i go to col and spk to my mates etc.. but i igmore it wen they start talking about crap.. so bascially dont spk in their convos where they mention clubbling etc.... jap naam in ur mind if they do chat crap... and as far as ur muslims mates... not all muslims are bad.. if u can trust them.. and u think they r not ur mates just so they can convert u then thats fine... :lol: ........