Applying The Word "sh"

Guest Guest

Veer Faujan jee, im not making any assumptions. The fact is that Sant Gurbachan Singh jee tries to prove Gurbani viakaran as being incorrect, however the failure to notice that examples such as Arjan was a noun totally destroys his argument. People like Bhai Vir Singh jee notice this error and mention that words such as Arjan are a noun unlike Band na and therefore Arjan will not be Arj na.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurbani is not just 1 language - how can you apply the same grammatical rules to Sanskrit, Marathi, Braj etc?

Gurbani viakaran is the viakaran of gurbani, when looking at others language you are still reading in gurmukhi. For example a sanbodan shabad which ends with oora noo unkar has a bindi on. The oora nu unkar (sanbodan shabad) is the grammitical rule. For example in rehras sahib: Akhha jeeva visrai mar jaoo (bindi) If the sanskit words were written in devanagri then I could understand where you were coming from.

Guest Guest

Surely Gurmukhi is just the script - Sanskrit grammatical rules should still apply to Sanskrit no matter what script it is written in. Just because the same 'lipi' or script is used to write English and French, it doesn't mean I can apply English grammar rules to French and vice-versa.

Surely Gurmukhi is just the script - Sanskrit grammatical rules should still apply to Sanskrit no matter what script it is written in. Just because the same 'lipi' or script is used to write English and French, it doesn't mean I can apply English grammar rules to French and vice-versa.

If words from different language's are added to a line, would we change the whole grammar? For example the words Jungle (used in Baba Farid jees bani) has been bought into english, the word kismat has also been used in English, so because words from other languages have been bought into a system of language, it will not mean that where the word jungle comes into English we will look at punjabi grammar.

Veer jee the reason why people called Guru jee uneducated was because they were looking at punjabi langauge (and its viakaran) rather than gurbani viakaran. Gumukhi is used, however the viakaran is differnt to Punjabi (there are some similarities) for example can you show me where oora noo unkar in sanbodan shabad indicates a bindi in punjabi grammar? Can you tell me what the word ikh with and without an unkar in Punjabi viakrana means? The point is that because a punjabi word is used, it does mean we will look at punjabi grammar, esp when it has no answer. The point of adding the unkar was to indicate that the meanings were different betweeen ikh.