Using Gurdwara Sangat Money To Extend Party Hall

dudley singh

Yesterday a meeting was held by eldery sangat of Dudley administered by the 5 member management commitee which it was agreed that the party hall owned by the Gurdwara would be extended to attract more wedding parties and that the sangats money could be used to pay for it. It was also suggested that the gurdwara could be used as a security for any loan for the extension. if the sangat has decided this can we do anything to stop it other than stop putting money in the golak??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday a meeting was held by eldery sangat of Dudley administered by the 5 member management commitee which it was agreed that the party hall owned by the Gurdwara would be extended to attract more wedding parties and that the sangats money could be used to pay for it. It was also suggested that the gurdwara could be used as a security for any loan for the extension. if the sangat has decided this can we do anything to stop it other than stop putting money in the golak??

:lol: :@:@ :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :@:@

dam da commitee why dnt they extend da gurdwara do something for the youth not make the halls bigger gurus jis money should be used on guru jis house or guru jis kids

this is soooo wrong :@

The key word is "sangat". "Sangats" money. The Saadh Sangat (The True Sangat) would never ever allow this to happen. But i think you have used the term quite loosely. Sangat isnt just any monah-konah (sorry if i offend neone) off the street who calls themselves sangat because they go there to "pray". Sangat, IMHO, consist of Gursikhs and those that live according to Gurmat. If you had a panel full of amrit-dhari Singhs and Singhnia voting for this motion, it most likely wouldnt go ahead. But i reckon theres a lot of "sehaj-dhaari" people influencing the decisions that are made.

I may be totally wrong, so forgive me if i am.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I think theres a need for a few protests outside these Gurdwareh that hold parties which serve meat and alcohol. The elders dont give a monkeys aslong as theyre making money maya has gota strong grip on our community. I think its time the youth stand up and do whats right and the only thing i can think of at this time is to hold full on protests and maybe online petitions aswell.

Any other ideas saadh sangat ji?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

yeh Bhamver Fateh Singh has apoint. make your voices heard. talk to ordinary members of the snagat about whats going. the more attention that you focus on this manmat the better. also tell that Akal Takht has gven a sandeshto all gurdwaras that they cannot use sangat money for manmat.

failing that , resort to violence.

show em you mean business.

legally the sangat can petition the committee and if they don't adhere to the sangats request, the committee can be taken to court..

maybe y'all might wanna try to get a youth sub-committee or somethign... y'all should contact bcsikhyouth and ask them how they did it... they have set a good example...

i'm sure there's some law students in the UK who shud kno a lil somethin bout this type of stuff...

ive said this before a while ago but il say it again. What we should ALL do is create a database of all the corrupt committees/gurdvaras in the country. There must b sangat on this site from all over so if we all just look closely at our local gurdvaras and if we think they are corrupt, add them to the database with reason why. Once this is done, we can organise meetings/protests and name and shame these gurdvaras.

Malkeet parji good idea, im up for helping with that definately. I cant see no other way about it, these people need to be named and shamed. Theyve been getting away with beadbi for too long!

The idea malkeet singh just came out with just shows he is a intelligent young boys. Thats a fantastic idea.

Also to add, beofre using force or violence:

Education and gyan is the key - In other words leaflets or powerpoint presentations are needed to give out to the sangat. Once u have a strong support of sangat, u can't really go wrong. Then one should use much force to persuade commites to cancel or decline any plans.

If all means fail, then one could use any other means!!

On the other note this is not a 1 day job, this will take time may be 5 years or even 10 years. We need patience to sort all gurdwhara out in the uk. But as you get a few gurdwhara to change, then others will proberly start to follow them as well.