If You Were Made Jathedaar Of Akaal Takht Saaheb...

Akaali

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Modify the rehat maryadaaa being issued to the mass and call a conference of all gursikhs and jathebandeeaa of the world to better represent who a Sikh is and what their code of conduct is.

2) Setup a medium to have better communication with gurduaraas in India and around the world. Jathedaar is to be in touch with the granthis and make sure maryada is followed along with past issued hukamnamas and sandesh.

3) Train and educate groups of gursikhs in keertan, santhyaa in larivaar, gatkaa, and parchaar, send these special groups around the world to better educate the sangat about sikhi, make sure they know the languages of the world so they can help spread the knowledge of sikhi, start and fund more khalsa schools, where this can take place as well.

4) Fund money to build more gurdwaras and train more granthis/singhs to take care of them in their respective areas in India, also fund money to help save our praatan history, granths, and buildings. Fund money for events, camps, samaagams to promote sikhi, to make more movies to raise knowledge of sikhi in different languages.

5) Cut some roles of the SGPC, or modify it so some of the above can happen by this "committee", make sure no more prints of Sree Guru Granth Saaheb jee are printed for distribution, and that only gurduaare have saroops installed in them to prevent be-adbi, print more sanchis instead.

Just a few from the top of my head.

bring more singhniah to the front of parchaar and panj pyaareh di sewa and jatherdars to promote and encourage more sikh born women to follow the sikhi path

like the top one yes yes ^^^^^^^^

<_< :) :D

1) Modify the rehat maryadaaa being issued to the mass and call a conference of all gursikhs and jathebandeeaa of the world to better represent who a Sikh is and what their code of conduct is.

2) Setup a medium to have better communication with gurduaraas in India and around the world. Jathedaar is to be in touch with the granthis and make sure maryada is followed along with past issued hukamnamas and sandesh.

3) Train and educate groups of gursikhs in keertan, santhyaa in larivaar, gatkaa, and parchaar, send these special groups around the world to better educate the sangat about sikhi, make sure they know the languages of the world so they can help spread the knowledge of sikhi, start and fund more khalsa schools, where this can take place as well.

4) Fund money to build more gurdwaras and train more granthis/singhs to take care of them in their respective areas in India, also fund money to help save our praatan history, granths, and buildings. Fund money for events, camps, samaagams to promote sikhi, to make more movies to raise knowledge of sikhi in different languages.

5) Cut some roles of the SGPC, or modify it so some of the above can happen by this "committee", make sure no more prints of Sree Guru Granth Saaheb jee are printed for distribution, and that only gurduaare have saroops installed in them to prevent be-adbi, print more sanchis instead.

Just a few from the top of my head.

Firstly do ardaas to Maharaaj for help

Then stop beadbi of Gurbani (this incorporates parchaar)

id get to much hankaar from the job and probably end up doing stuff more stupid then vedanti and eventually get wacked up by jamdoot, thats why i reject the offer

:D respect.gif

aap gavaaie seva karaay taan kich paaie maan....

when thinking about jathedari and all this...i'm reminded of sardar kapoor singh ji became the nawab of the khalsa forces...

when the decision was taken to make him the leader.... he accepted the hukam of the khalsa to do this duty... however he also carried on doing the seva that he had been doing the seva that he had been doing since childhood...which was picking up horses crap...

this is one of among several great qualities that made him admired by the sikhs of his time...

we rarely see this these days...and it's not just committee members...it's all of us....in fact my older veers see this lack in me and they always tell me to do seva...and i always forget and need to be reminded by them...

i once was listening to a katha..and they were talking about seva...and they were saying that when we go to sangat or samagams, gurughar...we should not have any desire to do a certain role when there...we should go there as golay (as slaves of guru nanak) and do whatever is needed...if one samagam you're told to do ardas, or kirtan, or hukamnamma di seva, next samagam you might not be told to do those things, rather you might be asked to do degh di seva, or you might be asked to stand in the shoes house all samagam long, or your seva might be to clean the toilets three times a day and at night during the samagam...or the next samagam you might be told that we need you to simply sit inside darbar and listen to kirtan...

they were saying that any ichaa or want of a certain seva makes it no longer seva...because then we are doing it for ourselves...our own happiness...our own false sense of "being religious"...

our approach needs to be...mul khareedee laalaa gola, mera naao subhaga... or hukmi banda hoaaykaay sahib day hukmaai vich rehna...and become "nanak ghar kay golaay"...

all the changes that people are talking about making as Jathedar...i personally think all those changes can start right now...with each of us...we want to do parchar..become the parchar.....

we want to change the media bias...then each of us can go to our local media and do something positive...

we all talk about doing all these big changes...we all talk about great sikhs of the past...and this and that for the kaum...how many of us will do whatever we are told to do at a samagam...without even thinking twice about it...how many of will stay up all night doing seva and not thinking that we even did anything? how many of us say dhan guru nanak as soon as we wake up (or any variation of that)...how many of us when we see someone, we don't first notice that they are different than us...rather they are members of our own family?

i can say that at this point in time...i would make a lousy jathedar...even though in my mind i have ideas that could help things...but i don't have the jeevan that would inspire anyone...all the corrupt officials would look at my jeevan and laugh and carry on with their ways...the youth would look at my jeevan and not see someone inheriting the position that was once filled by bhai mani singh ji...they would continue with their ways...

it is not our positions that will change things, it's our jeevan...

they were saying that any ichaa or want of a certain seva makes it no longer seva...because then we are doing it for ourselves...our own happiness...our own false sense of "being religious"...

our approach needs to be...mul khareedee laalaa gola, mera naao subhaga... or hukmi banda hoaaykaay sahib day hukmaai vich rehna...and become "nanak ghar kay golaay"...

I loved this part ^^^ Absolutely beautiful

:WW: