Every Gurdwara All Over The World Should Install Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's Picture

gosh

i wonder what bhai jarnail singh ji would say about all of this.

If any of you guys have actually heard bhai sahibs parchar...

then maybe everyone would stop deciding silly things.

and then maybe you'd realise he doesnt actually want you to worship him.

or idolise him.

whats the point of having a picture up.is looking at it going to do something like magically transform us into Gursikhs>??

Bhai sahibs form is not important, his parchar was.

I don't get it.

I jus don't get it.

A very good point as he was well versed in Gurbani he wouldn’t want any pictures of himself in Gurdwara as we know what it can lead too.

I have even sceen pictures in Gurdwara in front of SGGS and above, what on earth is this about.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the idea of the pic is not to idolise him , but to remember him thorugh a cruicial pahase in our history and difficult times, and the spirit that he imbibed in many Sikhs. People who do not know about Sant Ji will see his pictuire and ask spomeone, " who is this man" and then they will find out about him. you cant put a speech on the wall can you?

sikh youth uk , having his pic on the wall will not tranfsorm us into anything special. however it will help us remember his kurbani. this is nothing new in any religion, nevermind sikhi.

Why not remember our beloved praatan shaheeds like Baba Deep Singh jee or other gurmukh pyaare from the time of our gurus that we have read so much about and got inspiration from to get into sikhi in the first place, why not showcase their kurbaaNee and the principles and values they fought for? I'm not saying what Babajee fought for wasn't the same, but I feel that we can get further if we do parchaaar of our praatan history more.

and yet....we call our selves sikhs! Having any picture in the gurdwara is again, as some of you put it "idol worship". In the gurdwara only Guru Granth Sahib Ji should present above anyone inicluding Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, no individual on this earth is bigger than the omnipresent "Guru", so why install a picture of an individual, whom ever they maybe in the gurdwara where Guru Sahib is present.

If we do install pictures of individuals then we dont haveany inspiration from the Guru, but yet from a picture, and thats called turning back on the Guru and also called a 'Hypocrite', and yet we call ourselves 'Sikhs of the Guru'.

I think Sant ji would rip off the pictures in the Gurdwara to be honest and would be very angry at what we are doing, because he had so much respect for the Guru, and because he fought for the Guru, putting a picture of him in the gurdwara, he would feel humiliated because the Guru is present.

By all means, his picture should be put up in a sikh museum, but not in the darbar hall of the Gurdwara.

Fateh

I will not oppose this move because at this time we need to have unity and show united front to congress/shiv sena etc... but however i will neither agree with this move.. There are countless shaheediian in our kaum and it won't do justice to honor & remember one saint/soldier while not honoring others.. u know how it goes.. If we gonna honor everyone then i guess we will need several acres of land/wall to fill em in <_<