Weekly Youth Kirtan Darbar

Jagmeet

Its tonight peeps!!!!

PLZ COME AND GET LAHA FROM THIS AMAZING PROGRAM!!!

organised by some seriouslt blessed Gursikhs!!!!

ALSO EVERY FRIDAYS BEFORE THE KIRTAN DARBAAR, THERE IS THE KHALSA PANTH AKKARA GAKTA PRACTISE SESSION IN HALL NO 3 WITH VICHAAR FROM 5PM ONWARDS

WE FINISH OFF WITH VICHAAR AND REHRAS AND THEN ENJOY LAHA FROM THE KIRTAN DARBAAR!!!

SO ALL IN ALL A PROPA CHARDI KALAH EVENING NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!

Waheguru!!!

:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what gurmat sangeet was this? and whats the cause?

Last week, we were all very blessed to have taati saaj/instruments present and Shudh Raag Kirtan!

I believe there was a Sitar and Dilbruba present in the Shabad

laal laal mohan gopaal thoo ||

You are my Loving Beloved Enticing Lord of the World.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Saarang

Our aim is to get the youth together locally in Wolverhampton and surrounding areas and give them a chance to express themselves through Kirtan.

We are promote no jathebandian or groups, everyone is welcome to do kirtan and sit in sangat.

With Gurus Kirpa this will carry on, as there are a few 'selective' sangat programs that happen, (without being pessimistic), so this program is quite special, as there are a broad range of sangat and different 'styles' of kirtan.

Its 2nite folks! Woh hoo!

Click here for poster!

<http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=33006&st=12>

what gurmat sangeet was this? and whats the cause?

The cause is in reviving the old puratan reet of singing Gurbani, Gurmat Sangeet. Kirtan that is done Gurmat Anusaar. Where the Raag the shabad is written in is the raag in which the Shabad is sung in.

Also in reviving the instruments that our Satgurus gave to us unworthy folk, who gave them up for the vaja and tabla.

The cause is the same cause which all us sikhs strive for, to follow Satguru's hukkam, and obey Maharaj's every order and will.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

BTW Brother Jagmeet i asked around and the instruments were Taus and a Taanpura (drone instrument).

BTW there are Gurmat Sangeet classes takign place in the west midlands area, anyone intrested drop me an email at gurmatsangeetnetwork@googlemail.com or pm me.

Rabh Rakha!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

gurmat sangeet = singing of gurbani kirtan i.e. sings wahegurus praises

Cause = Love of waheguru/sikhi/sangat/

:)

so all in all pretty cahrdi kalah...........turn out is getting better every week.........plz come along and get the laha

gurmat sangeet = singing of gurbani kirtan i.e. sings wahegurus praises

Cause = Love of waheguru/sikhi/sangat/

so all in all pretty cahrdi kalah...........turn out is getting better every week.........plz come along and get the laha

please do not try to dilute the issue, because gurmat sangeet is not just singing gods praises. There is a deeper message to be understood, which i will fo into when time permits.

Gurmat Sangeet is sangeet done in accordance to Gurmat, Gurmat states that 5 bania be done in the morning, if i do two, or three then i am being disobedient.

We do not dare read gurbani wrong, then why do kirtan which isnt the way Guruji wants us to do it.

Anyway i will go into it deeper when time permits.

waheguru pahji i did not intend to dilute anything but im a papi that i have no knowledge that i may be able to describe the beauty and chardi kalah of raag/clasical kirtan.......

My sincerest apologies if my reply implied otherwise