Whats The Story Behind Your Name?

JarnailS

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear all, I am back with my stupid thread once again.... :)

Now, this time lets talk about WHO kept your name and WHY?

Good Luck

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

****************** My Name Story ********************

I was born in a small vilage of Punjab (wow, feel so proud). Since, I was born on wednesday, my baba Ji put my name as "Budh Singh" (make perfect sense.....lol) and after few days when the family had a letter "J" from Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.....I think "Jarnail Singh" was a very well known name in 1982 (the year I was born) and my baba ji tell the paathi singh that the name would be "Jarnail Singh" and my Daddy Ji did a boley so nihaal da jakaara and I got this truely wicked name as "Jarnail Singh- meaning Head of Army or Leader"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Well I was born in Ludhiana, Punjab. My taya ji said that my parents should call me Monica (don't ask why) but few days after my parents went to Gurdwara and "G" was the from Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The granthi ji at Gurdwara suggested Gurmeet, but then my other taya ji started laughing and said that his niece can't have the same name as him, lol. So he gave me the name Gurjeet :@

Thank God my parents didn't listen to my other taya who suggested Monica :)

Lol my story's gay man

My dad really loved the hindi singer 'Kumar Shanu' because he was the closest thing to Mohammed Rafi apparently...but he didnt wanna name me after him, so I got Shanu from that.

Then apparently J came from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Jodhie (middle-name) comes from Harjodh (i believe meaning 'victorious warrior)

- my dads'-cousins'-husbands'-cousin was called Jodha and Dad liked him a lot so that's where that comes from.

hehehehehehehe

apparently i was the worst baby in the universe all i did was eat, sleep, poo and cry so my mama goes "hai hai we gotta give her a happy name"................. and Guru Jee gave the akkar "S" and hence i got the name "Sukhvinder"

God of Happiness :)

but i like simply "Sukhi"

blush.gif

My dad really loved the hindi singer 'Kumar Shanu' because he was the closest thing to Mohammed Rafi apparently
You dad is mistaken, Kumar Sanu is nothing compared to Rafi sahib :@ Rafi Sahib is a legend

Thats what I said but then again I dont think Mohammed or Rafi would have suited me :)

My parents respected Baba Ajit Singh (Coventry aka Ajit Darbar) and so before I was born they asked him and he said I would be a boy and to call me Bikram.

My parents also respected this guy called "Raja Sahib"; he has a Gurdwara in India near our pind that kinda acts as a dog sanctuary (loads of dogs everywhere), so they asked him before I was born and he said Bikram aswell.

I ask my mum if we asked from Guru Ji but shes not too sure ohmy.gif :closedeyes:

So anyway my Dad cant spell so on the birth certificate they wrote "Bickrma" something along those lines, by the time I went to school my dad had got slightly better at spelling and registered me as "Bicram" and this unique mis-spelt name has stuck :@ ...need to do something about that birth certificate though blink.gif

and thats my name :)

What does Bickram/Vikram/Bicram mean?

I know Its named after some Indian Raja agesss ago in whos era a calendar was invented or something. But there must be another meaning other than the name of a calendar? :@

My Story is abit boring buh we went Gurdwara and Guru Ji gave a M buh my Nani said it cant be an M cos her name begins with an M and it would cause conflicts. Shes supersitious :)

So then she made the Granthi ask Guru Ji again :@ and a H came out.

If we had stuck with the M i would have been called Mandeep :@

Buh thankfully Im a Harjinder :@ but people call me Harj or Harry! :@