Lava..

GuptK

hello jiii fellow hobbits :)

when lava has been done in the marriage ceremony...ive heard tht its the four stages of when we join with Maharaj...? if tht makes sense,im not very good at explaining things,so please forgive me..

but can these four stages be applied to life too? ive forgotten wat the first stage is but the last three are states of nihaal,bairaag and then death..im confused...help.. :@

bul chuk maaf

The reason that we do lava is because, yes, it applies to our life; before we reach saachkhand and become one with God those things should happen in steps. Also, commanding us as sikhs on how to have God's Darshan. For example, the bairaag plays an essential part pushing us to love God to the max, we develop this bairaag from constantly reading Gurbani, JAPING NAAM and keeping rehit.

Now, we do lava because the soul of the man and female are becoming one too. In this way, the true marriage is being set as the couple will help each other get to God and become one with him more quicker then would have if not married. This life of a Sikh has nothing to do with marriage with humans but the MARRIAGE WITH GOD. The rehit and hukam given by guru ji helps our Naam meditation.

read this:

http://gurdwaramidhudson.org/laavan.html

WJKK WJKF

i think it was sahib sri guru ram das ji that started the lavaan - but the other guru's sahibs before them all did parkarma around the shabad guru - i remember the sakhi when guru nanak dev ji whan getting married was told to go around the fire but guru ji refused and got a piece of paper and wrote ik oungkaar on it and did parkarma around bani, and lavaan shabad was introduced by guru ram das ji.

please correct me if i am wrong

bhul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF