Two Types Of Ego (pure And Impure)

Akaali

Dear friend,

May be this post ends up in a question.

1.Maya is HIS creation.

2.Trugunas are HIS creation.

3.Five theives is HIS gift.

4.Haume is implanted by HIM.

Can we ever over rule all this that is implanted ,with some purpose, within us.? I have not found out the answer my self.Had these been not the requirements ,these should not have been given.

What do you think.?Kindly answer and forgive for my ignorance.

dosu nhI kwhU kau mIqw ] (257-11, gauVI, mÚ 5)

No one is at fault, my friend.

mwieAw moh bMDu pRiB kIqw ] (257-12, gauVI, mÚ 5)

God created the bondage of emotional attachment to Maya.

Regards to all

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purpose : that is God's domain or jurisdiction.All that HE gives us has to be meaningfull.He would have attached some purpose to the senses. He can supply us with that is meaningless or whose usage is to be restricted in a particular manner.[Maya,Trigunas,Haume and five theif are the things that we get: where is Man's fault.]

Kindly clarify/enlighten.

i can understand where u are coming from besoft (ah just got the meaning of what ur name means! lol i been reading/thinking it's BES OF=BEST OF! ah dyslexic? lol<_< ...be soft..nice!)

something that was talked about before

no_One

Since we are labeling ourselves for doing wrong deeds such as 'I am wasting time', we are putting ourselves down which is actually reducing our ego because we are recognizing ourselves to be a bad person. Therefore, we will try and make ourselves a better person by doing more naam abhiyaas, reading more bani, etc. Whereas, if we did not say I am doing this and that, we would instead say; 'Waheguru is making me waste time, I'm not doing anything', therefore, we would not try and change ourselves.

for some reason that part about reducing our ego doesnt sit well. do we have to tell ourself we are bad people in order to become a good person? isn't becoming a good person part of ego as well? :) can u see what im trying to question? isn't ego still there?... hasn't it grabbed on to the "good person that i am" from "bad person i am"?

ego is tricky

if what Papiv2 said man tu jot saroop hai appna mool pacchaan and then no_one u have also said:

It's hard to understand this but since God is within all and all is within God, this actually makes us God too.Therefore, we have the power to change ourselves by recognizing our own origin. At this very moment, we are all receiving God's grace (his blessings) but we have made ourselves into a shell which does not let us receive this. This shell is our barrier of ego and it is up to US to take this barrier away.

Sorry if I said a whole load of crap and didn't make sense.

(if we are god) then why is there need to reduce ourselves to something we arent?(i have seen people go into depression cuz of that...because they dont understand what guru sahib means when he talks about ego....and constantly put themselves down...when they suppose to be in chardikallaa.)it's a very dangerous thing to say without actually understand what guru sahib is truly teaching us about ego and the self/spirit.

how can god be put down? (why) is there a need for us to feel really bad, put ourselves down or beat ourself with negative guilt... or our words filled with lies and say things that aren't really true about ourselves?

"Therefore, we will try and make ourselves a better person by doing more naam abhiyaas, reading more bani, etc. Whereas, if we did not say I am doing this and that, we would instead say; 'Waheguru is making me waste time, I'm not doing anything', therefore, we would not try and change ourselves." hmmm so its about making ourselves aware of the reality and THE truth by reading bani, naam abhiyas, doin vicchaar...sangat...=)

what im tryin also tryin to get at is ... what this topic was...Pure ego..(many people fail to see this..and i wish what we discussing here could be passed down to many...its needed)

the first time i read this..i was like, WHAT! noo there is NO such thing as Pure EGO! how can there be? lol it's because of what i have been "told" how ego was all "bad" but as i read more..it made a lot of sense. what everyones saying isnt whole lot of Crisps(chips tongue.gif ) it has lot of truth to it.

Pure ego...someone else's views i happened to read fw days ago was smiler to what was explained earlier by Pv2 and

Haumei is not Ahangkar

Because of Haumei ---> Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Ahangkar exist in us.

The Panch doots are different from each other, but are on the same level.

If we read Gurbani, we will realize Guru Sahib mentions Haumei more than any other vikaar.Do you realize?

The ^above^ salok by Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Maharaj posted by P v2 is one fine example.

Gurparsad

this German guy said the same ^^^ ego is the root!(yet it is it's own cure :@ ) ..the German guy is spiritualist and when i was reading and discussing his experience...he explained life more from a perspective of an EGO as something thats not the TRUE SELF/ the BEING/who we really are.... which No_one explained as we are joyt..but will take time for some to become aware of it nd realize it. his way of tackling this issue is very different from what i have read or heard. the way he wrote his understanding...i couldnt help but relate and connect it with what Guru sahib been trying to tell me for YEARS! there i was in awe and felt blessed to be a Sikh......its amazing how we get glimpse of truth and inspiration from people and places we never expect. he said a lot of things which r hard to explain. ..but he did talk about the ego n depth and how it can be altered. I Am of Ego to the I Am/Waheguru (awareness that there is something other then "me" watching and doing things). he talked about the awakened souls.

i guess it goes back to being AWARE of the thoughts and things we are doing...realizing the "wrong" or "bad" we are doing and then changing it. saving ourself from the suffering they might have caused us.

indeed its all gurparsad! pray.gif

brilliant discussion

may guru sahib keep blessing us with his grace and help us become what we are created to be!

bhul chuk muaff karni nd correct me if i understood the concepts all wrong

~akal~

Respected Sis,

I have gone thru. your post twice. But could not make out much.All I could make out from this is that you are quoting some friend no_one and starting your discussion as a datum.Let me clarify that I am very new to sikhi and have very basic doubts that all other posts would reveal.

I do expect that this forum should be a place to discuss where all god lovers meet and come. Frankly speaking it may be my weak english that I could not make out much.MY two posts are unanswered for quite some time.

May be you can kindly attend to them as well.I shall be grateful.

My primary question remains as it is.You have tried to cover up the things in the fashion that has made it difficult to understand.

I shall request you to kindly answer the basic question.

Regards