Probs With Dastaar

kaur135

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji i fateh

i have a really big problem. some girls started to wear dastaar. we asked our parets what they think and they said that they do'nt accept our decision. it will craete a lot of probs in school and in finding a job etc. But we trust waheguru and started goping with dastaar to school. No one had probs in school, people were surprised when they saw us but no one really bullied my sisters or me. where we live are not much sikhs, and i think we are the firts sikh girls who tie dastaar in school.

we all feel very good with our dastaar. now we are happy how we are. we really feel like we are sikhs.

but our parents.....

they don't support us. they always discuss with us and discourage us. we all are very dissapointed. we don't know if it was right to start tying dastaar. my parents say, that i will never find ajob, people will discriminate me, people will hate me. i should accept that i live in a foreign country, wit a different culture. i should be like them. they always say : jaisa des waisa pes.

but what with my gurus??? is sikhi a fake? doesn't it fit with this time?

i ask my parents what they think about the shaheeds, they sacrified their lives for the guru, they never gave up, and we...we gave up when we get problems with our parents or in school.

my parents say that i should stop tying my dastaar or my "pagg" as they always say, what should i do??? they are very angry with me because i said i will never stop tying my dastaar. they said they will send me to india. one of my sisters was beaten by her father. i was really shocked. now i am really confused....is it all a test? or is it reality, i mean should we stop tying dastaar? perhaps is sikhi not for us.....

please help us

sorry for my bad english

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take off your Dastaar. Once your parents realise that this is not a passing phase and you are strong in your commitment to wearing it, they will over time accept your decision.

penje, first of all.. congrats tht ur blessed with a dastar! ur post made me smile becasue mahrahaj has done kirpa that u have started wearing a dastar.

plz plz plz dnt give up.... plz.... its perhaps a test... but plz guruji's crown can never look wrong.

most parents have difficutlies at first coming round the idea of a datsatar.. but trust me.. they'll come round it.. just keep doing ardas in maharaj's charan.. that no one will giv u second thoughts.

and as far as jobs etc... dnt worry.... keep assuring ur parents that u will get a job etc.... wearing a dastar = keeping image of khalsa...... its the best thing ever!

u asked if sikhi is fake... NO way! we may be in other countries... but y shud we change for our so called 'des'?

try and spk to ur sister.. if she is getin hurt from her fam.... dnt worry... u need to keep ur faith and keep the ardas goin..... wateva is hapening is all vaheguru's hukham.

:)

pull chuk marf... hope this kinda helped.

VJKK VJKF!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

thank u very much.

it really helped me. i read the replies 3times. lol.

now i will never think of taking off my dastar. really.

but why have girls more problems with dastaar ???

i knoe so many bhenji who want to wear dastaar but the parents don't alloe them. we all want to take amrit but our parnts don't allow us.

we always think that koi naa waheguru kirpa karan ge.

Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji once said that, as many as there are leaves on a borh (bunyan) tree, it takes that many good karams to get manukha jivan.

As many as there are berries on that tree (more than leaves), it takes that many good karams to have janam in a Sikh parvaar.

As many as there are seeds in those berries, it takes that many good karams to receive the gift of amrit.

Guest Senghhhh

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Congratulations bhenji

Whenever you feel sad about the issues you face at home keep chanting "Gur Mere Sangh, Sadda Hai Nale" - 'My Guru is always with me' - your never alone

With Guru Ji on your side, you can never go wrong.

Stand strong, as have our Sisters in the past and always keep singing - "Gur Mere Sangh, Sadda Hai Nale"

• 3 weeks later...

vjkk vjkf!

bhenji guruji did soem mad kirpa on you for you to have enough courage to start wearing dastaar and present the khalsa image!...your situation sounds very very very familiar to mine... but you just have to stay strong.. know gurujis holding your arm and walking though it with you each second.. it'll get better hopefully :s but try to see the positive side to it... usually when people discourage you from something u believe in..the more you wanna show them, NO, this is right nad this is what im gonna do..! so keep your head up high bhenji!!!! and congrats :D

When Sikh boys can go to school, get jobs etc with dastaars on in westernized society, why cant sikh girls?

Dont give up, u r luckier than many.................that God has blessed u with such a gift.

wjkk wjkf

thank u all very very much. it really helps my sisters and me. but the situation is gettin worse. now some of my sisters stopped wearing dastaar.

it is hard for all of us. the sagat effects alot on me. when they try to persuade me to stop wearing my dastaar, i become weak.i dunno what to do.

bhul chuck maaf karni

wjkk wjkf

I think a lot of people just have the mentality that a dastaar is just for guys. I used to have that mentality too, but I learned about it and now understand that a dastaar can be for both males and females, so hopefully you can keep on educating them until it clicks in their head.