Dodra Sangat Doing Bhangra After Keertan Chanting To Whaeguru

ramgobbind

I dunno, if you think about which context it is being done in, it seems ok. Forexample maybe they are celebrating Guru Nanak dev ji's Gurpurab.
Like Balait da cher ji has said, we don't know the context of it all. Plus dancing while chanting Waheguru is way better than dancing on other songs with less than desirable lyrics.

Let see what Gurmat says about this issue:

Why do we want to dance physically when our mind never stops dancing mentally at the first place?

mnUAw nwcY Bgiq idRVwey ]

manooaa naachai bhagath dhrirraaeae ||

Channel your dancing mind in devotional worship

~Guru Amar Daas Ji

Raag Maajh

121~

Guru Sahib makes it CLEAR in this pangtee:

nicAY tipAY Bgiq n hoie ]

nachiai ttapiai bhagath n hoe ||

By dancing and jumping, devotional worship is not performed.

~Guru Amar Daas Ji

Raag Gauree

159 ~

Even the Hindus dance in their Mandir, Guru Sahib rejected this practice.

then what type of dancing is ACCEPTABLE to HIM?

hir jn nwchu hir hir iDAwie ]

har jan naachahu har har dhhiaae ||

O humble servant of the Lord, let your dancing be meditation on the Lord, Har, Har

~Guru Raam Daas Ji

Raag Aasaa

368 ~

Guru Sahib clearly say above we shoud MAKE our mind DANCE on NAAM, Ik Maan Ik Chit.

This is called dancing in Gurmat, to make our mind DANCE at Guru Sahib's Hukam which is NAAM.

Dass asked a Gurbani Abhiyaasi once about these lines related to dancing.

He replied, "Maan(mind) nu Guru agey Nachauna".

If your "personal view" is that Bhangra is "OK" for you.Then it's your Jeewan, the choices you make will only effect you.

BUT

Don't try to "BLEND" Guru Sahib's Gurmat with "punjabi culture" to suit your lifestyle and tell others it is "OK".

If we cant't make an effort to change for Guru Sahib's Sikhi then it is our problem.

But never try to change Guru Sahib's Sikhi to suit our personal lifestyle or believes.

Dass personally found the above comments very annoying.

Bhula dhi Maafi Bakshni.

Gurparsad

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

before this gets too large, I thought i'd jump in.

the poster ramgobbind is referring to is me. I was indeed there, but not partaking in the goings on.

Someone mentioned earlier

and those cowards have removed their video.

If indeed what they believe they did in that video is Gurmat, they would have not freaked out by the outburst and removed the video.

I would like to respond to that and explain that that is precisely why the video was removed. In no way is this occurrence condoned or encouraged. This is NOT a gurmat representation, and no one will deny that. Shortly after they stopped their thing, a few people approached the individuals directly involved.. many members of sangat approached the people involved, voiced their displeasure, and it was made VERY clear that it was unacceptable. the acts of these few should not be used to create a representation of the sangat as a whole.

This video wasn't put up or "sponsored" by sangat... it was someone who was there who saw it, someone who isn't a regular sangati, and just hapepned to be there at the time.

It was explained to them that it's not part of the samagam and not encouraged/tolerated/planned/etc, and for that reason, the video was taken down, and removed.

the point is, none of this was encouraged, and that's essentially all i can say. There's no denying it looks bad, but believe me, this is giong through the ranks and discipline and tankaah will be handed down accordingly.

It is not being treated lightly by anyone involved, and all I can promise is that it's not going to be brushed away and put under the carpet.

Finally, "dodra sangat" or sadhsangat in no way encourages dancing during times of reciting bani; there is a time and place for everything. Appropriate action will be taken so that this is

a) responded to properly, and

b) prevented from ever happening in the future.

There was clearly a lack of knowledge in this, and people will be informed, educated, and whatever else that needs to be done to make sure this isn't repeated.

A mistake has been made, and it's trying to be addressed in an appropriate way. Please bless us with your ardaas so that we may never make these mistakes again, and rather, continue moving on Guru Sahib's path.

Guest militant singh
and those cowards have removed their video.

If indeed what they believe they did in that video is Gurmat, they would have not freaked out by the outburst and removed the video.

ha remvoed hey d/w gt em saved

Japman Singh, yes you were there and you didn't partake in the dancing... but you didn't do anything about it, when you were dragged in you should of objected to this horrible behaviour, I have nothing against your sangat.... I have never posted a negative comment about dodra, but this isn't the first time stuff like this happens at dodra programs..... I have with my own eyes seen in Toronto at a house program, there was a keertan and after there was going to be a party, Meat and Sharab was beeing brought into the house..... Guilty like you I didn't step in and say anything, so infact I shouldn't single you out I understand its very difficult to to step in sometimes....

but these problems are big in dodra I have seen them... as I write this I feel as if I shouldn't and I feel I am doing Ninda.... but what I saw with my eyes I cannot deny, Dodra sangat really has major issues

You as a amritdhari singh should separate yourself from them, all this beadbi infront of the king of kings. Believe me some of us take no pleasure in seeing dodra humilate themselves, It pains us to no extent.

Japman Singh, yes you were there and you didn't partake in the dancing... but you didn't do anything about it, when you were dragged in you should of objected to this horrible behaviour, I have nothing against your sangat.... I have never posted a negative comment about dodra, but this isn't the first time stuff like this happens at dodra programs..... I have with my own eyes seen in Toronto at a house program, there was a keertan and after there was going to be a party, Meat and Sharab was beeing brought into the house..... Guilty like you I didn't step in and say anything, so infact I shouldn't single you out I understand its very difficult to to step in sometimes....

but these problems are big in dodra I have seen them... as I write this I feel as if I shouldn't and I feel I am doing Ninda.... but what I saw with my eyes I cannot deny, Dodra sangat really has major issues

You as a amritdhari singh should separate yourself from them, all this beadbi infront of the king of kings. Believe me some of us take no pleasure in seeing dodra humilate themselves, It pains us to no extent.

everything that you said about me is spot on. I screwed up harder than I ever have before. I stood idly. That's just as bad. I screwed up huge. I can't argue with anything you've said about me. I appreciate that you understand it cna be hard to place a make a voice heard, but ultimately, I was there, I didn't tolerate it, but I didn't attack the situation as I should have. we can all agree on that.

The matter is trying to be resolved. Everyone involved has now been contacted, and informed of their misdeeds, and the punishments are forthcoming.

If however you are insinuating that my best option as an amritdhari singh is to leave dodra sangat and "seperate myself from them", I will humbly disagree with you. firstly, i can't bring myself to do that. my entire faith in Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj and Akal Purakh is rooted in the teachings of mahapurkhs. My inaction is a fault, but my faith is not the issue here. Secondly, while I screwed up, I do not feel that the opportunities and lessons and spiritual growth that is availabe to me has been exhausted. I would exhaust that first before abandoning the teachings of mahapurkhs to find a new source. Once I feel like i've learnt everything they knew, learnt everything spiritually possible from this sangat, THEN i may consider it... as of right now, I don't think i've even scratched the surface, and if anything, my inaction here shows that I have alot to learn still.... that being said, for the 99.999% most part, respect to Guru Sahib is not an issue. I will continue to do sangat as I have been with "dodra sangat" for as long

what kills me, and what has haunted me for the past day now is the ignoring of those very mahapurkh's teachings, and that's what will be brought to the forefront to confront and punish these people, myself included.

In terms of re-posting the video:

It is officially nothing more now than a hate-creation scheme. The story is that Mohinder Singh SDO took his bhag off and threw it on the ground when he first launched his shabad vartara propaganda, while donig keertan at an AKJ samagam. posting that video accopmlishes nothing. everyone thought he was a poora piaara singh of bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji... and he turned out to be a fraud... to this day, everyone, myself included, knows that the AKJ does not stand for mohinder singh's actions and his subsequent shabad vartara campaign.... similarly, this is not condoned or encouraged by dodra sangat. posting the video is doing nothing other than creating hate towards a sangat that didn't WANT or ASK for this to happen. The current title of the video also shows the poster's single-minded aim to do nothing except cause trouble immaturely.

We all have alot to learn.

everything that you said about me is spot on. I screwed up harder than I ever have before. I stood idly. That's just as bad. I screwed up huge. I can't argue with anything you've said about me. I appreciate that you understand it cna be hard to place a make a voice heard, but ultimately, I was there, I didn't tolerate it, but I didn't attack the situation as I should have. we can all agree on that.

The matter is trying to be resolved. Everyone involved has now been contacted, and informed of their misdeeds, and the punishments are forthcoming.

If however you are insinuating that my best option as an amritdhari singh is to leave dodra sangat and "seperate myself from them", I will humbly disagree with you. firstly, i can't bring myself to do that. my entire faith in Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj and Akal Purakh is rooted in the teachings of mahapurkhs. My inaction is a fault, but my faith is not the issue here. Secondly, while I screwed up, I do not feel that the opportunities and lessons and spiritual growth that is availabe to me has been exhausted. I would exhaust that first before abandoning the teachings of mahapurkhs to find a new source. Once I feel like i've learnt everything they knew, learnt everything spiritually possible from this sangat, THEN i may consider it... as of right now, I don't think i've even scratched the surface, and if anything, my inaction here shows that I have alot to learn still.... that being said, for the 99.999% most part, respect to Guru Sahib is not an issue. I will continue to do sangat as I have been with "dodra sangat" for as long

what kills me, and what has haunted me for the past day now is the ignoring of those very mahapurkh's teachings, and that's what will be brought to the forefront to confront and punish these people, myself included.

In terms of re-posting the video:

It is officially nothing more now than a hate-creation scheme. The story is that Mohinder Singh SDO took his bhag off and threw it on the ground when he first launched his shabad vartara propaganda, while donig keertan at an AKJ samagam. posting that video accopmlishes nothing. everyone thought he was a poora piaara singh of bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji... and he turned out to be a fraud... to this day, everyone, myself included, knows that the AKJ does not stand for mohinder singh's actions and his subsequent shabad vartara campaign.... similarly, this is not condoned or encouraged by dodra sangat. posting the video is doing nothing other than creating hate towards a sangat that didn't WANT or ASK for this to happen. The current title of the video also shows the poster's single-minded aim to do nothing except cause trouble immaturely.

We all have alot to learn.

Your humility is appreciated bro...every one of us will say at some point in our lives "I screwed up"... and as much as you regret being there as a mere witness, sounds like you can turn your presence into something constructive. It can be hard to know exactly what intervention is appropriate at the time. We have seen too many interventions to "immediately stop insult" that turn into a further riot or circus. There are so many wayward rituals amongst sikhs, this one is especially painful because of the over the top ignorance.

Is the poster of the video aware of your reply here? Are people involved defensive or apologetic? If the latter, I also wonder if the continued posting of the video at some point stops exposing the insult and rather just adds to it. In case what you're dealing with is not a straightforward matter, we should now offer our assistance as readily as our criticism.