Sanjha Kirtan Darbar: Wolverhampton

Dal_Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fatehji

Golee Maro, excellent point. Jathas and organisers have stopped programmes at this Gurdwaras for this precise reason in the past and both local and R4G Singhs have had discussions with this Gurdwara over this issue.

As far as I am aware, the gurdwara has now stopped this practice, thus i can't personally see a reason why programmes shouldn't happen here. Obvioulsy if committes change and circumstances change in the future, then thats another issue.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

U lotz r 2 funi!

Also, aint wednesfield gurduara the one where they own a hall near by serving meat and sharaab for wedding and pre-wedding parties? :s

I know there was a hoo-haa not too long ago. If the jathas and programme organisers would stop organising events there, mayb dey wud get the hint that they need to shut the place down and use it wisely...?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golee Maro, excellent point. Jathas and organisers have stopped programmes at this Gurdwaras for this precise reason in the past and both local and R4G Singhs have had discussions with this Gurdwara over this issue.

As far as I am aware, the gurdwara has now stopped this practice, thus i can't personally see a reason why programmes shouldn't happen here. Obvioulsy if committes change and circumstances change in the future, then thats another issue.

U lotz r 2 funi!

Also, aint wednesfield gurduara the one where they own a hall near by serving meat and sharaab for wedding and pre-wedding parties? :s

I know there was a hoo-haa not too long ago. If the jathas and programme organisers would stop organising events there, mayb dey wud get the hint that they need to shut the place down and use it wisely...?

I know someone who had a party there very recently. Apparently, they charge quite a bit for it. The price they put on selling out our Guru though eh?

What makes it worse, which i dont understand AT ALL, is that the temporary Gurdwara used to be situated in the exact spot where they are now serving meat sharaab! People dance intoxicated over the spot where for a year (if not more) Guru Granth Sahib jee was sitting on His throne embracing the saadh sangat day in day out. And now the same Gurdwara commitee has sold out and allowed manmatt activities to continue there.

R4G etc wont do anything though - because the building is not joined on to the Gurdwara - its a 30second walk away. And they use that as an excuse. And the Gurdwara are slimey - if they suspect that someone is going to cause a fuss, they will put the building into the name of one of the trustees at the Gurdwara so they can turn around and say "its in the name of an individual - not the Gurdwara sahib". Politics eh?

So anyway, programmes next weekend. May Guru G bless us with His heavenly kirttan

the rainsbhai at wednsefield has been cancelled. So have all other programmes, at this gurdwara.

what do you mean Wednesfield Rensbhai is cancelled

why are you spreading false information????

and since when did you decide when the rensbhai gets cancelled or not???

NOTICE FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

rensbhai at wednesfield is NOT cancelled

calm down likkle crazy, evryone ( but ju it seems ) knows what i was talking about. but seriously if in the future any 2 programmes clash in any 2 gurdwaras in this world, then all gurdwaras in the west midlands area are gonna close down. permannently. im not joking.

golee maro, due to the hard work of an individual, ( i wont give a name unless you want me to) the place stopped parties after september. did your realtive have a party here after september. if yes plz give details.

and the gurdwara is not slimey, some of the people who are in control are. but then again its like most gurdwaras, gurmat is not the main agenda, but money. however closing this place down was one of the very few forward steps taken by the comittee before this one.

as for the committee members dont criticise us all , ok? we tried our best and for the moment have succeeded. Thank you please.

Gurfateh.

Golee Maro.

Pls give details of this party? like Chatanga said, did it happen after sep?

As the committee have told the sangat that parties have been stopped, so if they are lieing to the sangat, then pls reveal details.

Programmes such as the AKJ rainsbai next week are only happening, because the committee have said this practice has stopped.

I know Singhs who will only go to this gurdwara now, becasue they have been told this practice has stopped, pls reveal or pm details.

Gurfateh ji

Programmes such as the AKJ rainsbai next week are only happening, because the committee have said this practice has stopped.

I know Singhs who will only go to this gurdwara now, becasue they have been told this practice has stopped, pls reveal or pm details.

Gurfateh ji

thats so sad, in a pathetic sense that people will only come here now that the parties have stopped. to them parties is the bigger issue rather than going there to do kirtan sewa etc. this is the problem wiv youths today, they see one thing they dont like and go elsewhere like thats gona make any difference. if the guy who stoped this manmat at wednesfield thought i will not go here again do you think the committee would have cared any less. No way Jose. they would be glad . use his example.

and as for the singhs who attend wednesfield now the manmat is over, personally i think that we are better off wivout you, if this is your thinking.

Gurfateh ji

Chatanga Ji

I totally disagree with what you are saying, chello it's all good

I'm PM'ED YOU

Gurfateh ji

Gurfateh ji

thats so sad, in a pathetic sense that people will only come here now that the parties have stopped. to them parties is the bigger issue rather than going there to do kirtan sewa etc. this is the problem wiv youths today, they see one thing they dont like and go elsewhere like thats gona make any difference. if the guy who stoped this manmat at wednesfield thought i will not go here again do you think the committee would have cared any less. No way Jose. they would be glad . use his example.

and as for the singhs who attend wednesfield now the manmat is over, personally i think that we are better off wivout you, if this is your thinking.

will you stop going to Darbar sAhib cos badal who is very anti panthic is in control, or where the sewadaars can be very unsikhlike in thier behaviour?

will you not do matha tekna at Akal Takhat were Jathedar Joginder Singh is widely known for his pro badal stance?

if you are prepared to stop any involvement at Wednesfield, cos the committee are manmati then at least have the same atitude for all gurdwaras.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well said Chatanga. This attitude can be seen everywhere. Rather than oppose what 'money-focusing' committees are doing in our Gurughar and try to do something about it, we see the best solution is to just boycott them and hope one day someone else will come along and remove the people in power or change the way our our Gurughars are run. But that aint guna happen. We have to do something. We have to show that we do care about what goes on in our Gurudwaras.

Bhull Chuk Maaf

As i was the one who used the word Boycott, i need to elaborate further.

Hanji i personally feel that if a gurdwara sahib which is meant to house our Dhan Dhan king of Kings Guru Maraj also houses sharab parties, then yes go there as an indivudal if u fell thats okay (it's upto our own consioucs what we do), but when we start doing parchar and panthic progs at this place, then to me (and i am not saying i am right, just my view) that's hypricritcal.

How on one hand can we do kids camps and say 'become Guru di Sikh, follow the teahings and rehit of Guru Maraj' and then on a sunday these same kids see sharabis at the gurdwara hall. Isn't that a mixed messgae.

Personally i feel party halls at Gurdwaras is a big big issue and beadbi, and personally yes my own selfish mind has made me not want to go there (My weaknesses).

I do however agree that if someone is gonna make a stance of 'boycotting' then they shouldn't just sit at home, they should help change things. And just because some SInghs like to do things gupt, how do you know they haven't behind the scences been trying to make a difference.

Yes persoanlly i boycotted progs at wednesfield - it's local to me, I also mentioned to other panthic orgs who were planning to do progs there, that we shouldn't do progs where major beadbi of Guru Maraj is done..

And while making this strong stance, with guru's kirpa i had plenty of dialouge with the Gursikhs who did get involved with the committee and with Gurus kirpa managed to change this practice.

so i still stand by what i said, when they were doing beadbi, no need to do progs there, but still help those who were trying to change things, and then once things are changed, show your support

Nothign so wrong in this?

Chello all Good

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well said Chatanga. This attitude can be seen everywhere. Rather than oppose what 'money-focusing' committees are doing in our Gurughar and try to do something about it, we see the best solution is to just boycott them and hope one day someone else will come along and remove the people in power or change the way our our Gurughars are run. But that aint guna happen. We have to do something. We have to show that we do care about what goes on in our Gurudwaras.

Bhull Chuk Maaf