Prof. Sahib Singh's Guru Granth Darpan

B4ND4

I have been sent a few pages of translation by someone in email. The person who sent the mail is working on translating Prof. Sahib Singh's Guru Granth Darpan. He wants to know sangat's opinion on the translations. Whatever is written in the teeka will be translated to english, best attempt to not alter the meanings would be made.

I am attaching the part translated by him. The translations mention the pdf page numbers from Prof. Sahib Singh's teeka. Please take a look and share what you think....

here is a direct quote from what his email said

bascially, after seeing people (including myself) take literal translations from sttm and make conclusions, i thought it may be a good idea to translate the teeka into english

English.pdf

• 1 year later...
I have been sent a few pages of translation by someone in email. The person who sent the mail is working on translating Prof. Sahib Singh's Guru Granth Darpan. He wants to know sangat's opinion on the translations. Whatever is written in the teeka will be translated to english, best attempt to not alter the meanings would be made.

I am attaching the part translated by him. The translations mention the pdf page numbers from Prof. Sahib Singh's teeka. Please take a look and share what you think....

bascially, after seeing people (including myself) take literal translations from sttm and make conclusions, i thought it may be a good idea to translate the teeka into english

Vaheguru Ji AK Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fathe

can you please upload the whole steek.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fathe

there's nothing "wrong" with Professor Sahib Singh's steek.. but do know that it too is quite literal.. for a more spiritual and deeper analysis of linguistics and context, Bhai Vir Singh's steek might be unmatched

Prof. SAhib Singh jee's teeka is nice but it is pro-vedaas. Can some veer tell something about Bhai Vir Singh Jee's teeka. Is itt pro-vedaas. How did Bhai Veer Singh interpretet tukks like "vedan meh naam utttam" and "bet katee kahuhh matt jhoothe, jhootha jo na bicharai" ????

Thanks

I have been told by a very wise Singh, that Giani Harbans Singh's teeka is probably the best, as he analyses the interpretations and opinions of nearly all the other scholars and provides his own conclusion. It's in 14 volumes, the translation of that would be a mahaa seva.

• 2 years later...

Man Yog Jeo, I am searching for an English translation of Prof. Sahib Singh's Guru Granth Darpan. Do you have any update on the person who sent you the few pages of translation?

Thanks ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!