It's Hard To Find Females That Like Sikh Men

Guest _SINgh_

all sikhs wanna do nowadays is find a wife or husband. sikhs have forgotten the greater responsible and duty that a khalsa has.

What? You mean people who get married have forgotten the greater responsibility and duty of a Khalsa? Or people who wish to live PRACTICALLY (which Guru Jee has told us to do) they are in some way less of Sikhs? Isnt it also the responsibility of a Khalsa to get married, have children and raise the new next generation of Gursikhs? I would have thought that that in itself is a great responsibility - to try and raise great saint-soldiers to take the Khalsa panth forward, bigger and stronger than ever...

when did i say sikhs shudnt get married?

NO i mean like i wrote in my post minus the spelling mistake lol All sikhs wanna do nowadays is find a wife or husband. sikhs have forgotten the greater responsiblity and duty that a khalsa has

yeh i agree theres nufin wrong wiv getting married and you should try to. but theres other thing khalseh shud be doing, maharaj also said a khalsa HAS TO fight against julum but how many sikhs do?

difference is that marriage isnt a MUST but for a khalsa fighting against julum is.

khalsa doesnt work only to get a good job good car wife and kids. khalsa fights on the battlefield and dies victoriously in battle. we have become jokers.

I understand - i think. (Meri matt thorhi Ram!)

I think that what you are trying to say is that the time people spend looking for a spouse is not balanced with the time they spend fulfilling their duties as a Gursikh ie. doing seva, parchaar, simran etc? In which case, i do agree. I think, that although media like to play innocent, they do have a huge impact on the mind of the youth and dating, relationships, sex etc is a top media agenda.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikhism isnt just about fighting and dying and becoming a shaheed every two seconds. The whole point of life is about LIVING LIFE. What point is there to it if you actively go out looking for a fight which you can get involved in (right or wrong). The primary job of a khalsa is to live a 'pure' life. Fighting for good causes is just one of them.

Back to the topic: -

just my $0.2, yes it is hard for turbaned males to get married but I think it's due to the female thinking. Whether Sikh or not. I'd like to bring to your attention the following article.

www.dcbachelor.com/2005/real-men-dont-shave

I personally believe the whole manly character has been shattered by females. They've infact made us weak into thinking we look ugly without our manly 'gift'.

Sikhism isnt just about fighting and dying and becoming a shaheed every two seconds. The whole point of life is about LIVING LIFE. What point is there to it if you actively go out looking for a fight which you can get involved in (right or wrong). The primary job of a khalsa is to live a 'pure' life. Fighting for good causes is just one of them.

just my $0.2, yes it is hard for turbaned males to get married but I think it's due to the female thinking. Whether Sikh or not. I'd like to bring to your attention the following article.

I personally believe the whole manly character has been shattered by females. They've infact made us weak into thinking we look ugly without our manly 'gift'.

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

im not even gn abother giving a proper response

who cares

if a woman doesnt want to marry you because you have a dhari then shes not a singhni

let your parents sort out your marriage

there have been too many of these stupid topics

if you want to get marrried or having trouble getting married go to some matrimonial site

I dnt knw how some men who are amritdhaaris agree to marry a woman who's not...unless they're willing to b amritdhaaris in da future. At the Gurudwara Sahib ji here in amrika, (where i go) two of the granthis there are ofcourse, amritdhaari, but thieir wives are not...they are so western stylish kind of women...makeup shakeup la ke rakhde ne, they wear all kinds of jewelery, threaded eyebrows and wat not...its really sad. But somthin to think bout... grin.gif

I agree with sumbody else who said the same thing

itsa very hard to find bibian who wear full bana and dastaar and all

like if u ask a lady who doesn't wear full bana

if she wants to marry a gursikh man

she is most likely to say no

I myself had first hand experience of this

even though I my self stay in full bana at all times

I have friends who say this

Guest SINghle

think this point has been raised before on the forum, but nonetheless, I do agree with you about the fact that it is really hard to find Sikh women who are amritdharis, or practice sikhi by keeping uncut hair, etc.

However, I can also see why women go to beauty parlors, hair salons, and cut their hair etc. I also think society and men are at a great fault for this. For instance, as a girl grows up, she's told she must learn to cook otherwise her in-law's will scold her, she must learn to clean otherwise what were her future in-law's say, and, moreover, she is told she must look beautiful and be thin, otherwise what guy will marry her.

Unfortunately, Sikh women are not saved from the evil and materialistic society that we live in today. A Sikh woman also has to find herself a suitable man, who fulfills her wishes too. The world is still a man's world, and a lot of women, unfortunately, still depend on finding a great suitor. We can make our women more Sikh by asking them to keep their hair, but will Sikh men find them still just as attractive? Or will they look for wives from a different society?

Media today defines what we consider a true beauty. Someone who has a waist of 26inches or less, someone who has a face that can be comparable to aishwariya rai, basically someone who looks like a supermodel. (if aish rai had bushy eyebrows, sideburns, wore skirts without shaving her legs, or sleeveless tops without shaving her underarms - she would be considered, instead of one of the most beautiful women in the world, the most hidieous woman in the world) So from their teen years, women are fed this information of what men think is beautiful and desirable, and from that age women tend to do everything they can so that they are beautiful, slim, with the perfect hair and body.

Why? Why do women bother to go through great lengths of beautification? Because women feel that need to compete with all those others out there who are also looking for husbands, or, they fear that if they don't look better than the women around them, their husbands will wander away. Take for instance why men cheat. Many men cheat because they are not satisfied by their wives, and hence they look to be other women who perhaps are much more beautiful, etc. And women, who give up their entire life and family to be with their husbands, fear this the most.

Unfortunately, todays materialistic world, and men, aren't accepting of hairy faces and legs, and bushy eyebrows. Or at least the majority aren't! The point is, women will only become "more Sikh" (keeping their hair, etc) if they feel comfortable, and are assured that Sikh men will love them "just the way they are".

A mother will not stop telling her daughter to look good (aka do her eyebrows at least), until the mother knows that there are a good majority of Sikh men who will completely fall head over-heels for a girl who doesn't portray beauty as per the norm.

We can all sit here and say Sikh women shouldn't cut their hair, Sikh women shouldn't do their eyebrows, and sikh women shouldn't shave, etc. But until all the Sikh men don't stop drooling over the likes of aish rai, katrina kaif, jordan, julia roberts, jessica alba, etc It will be very very difficult to get more Sikh women to stray away from the norm.

The problem is that we can't shut down the way we think, because media and society has been drilling this into our minds, our parents minds, and even our great-great-great grandparents times. It's hard to change our definition of beauty, and stop men from thinking the way they do, and stop women from think the way they do.

Of course, there are Sikh women who are strong enough to not fall prey to the merciless society and media, but, unfortunately, they are few. Yes, we must empower our girls to stick up against themselves, but we must also change the ideology of Sikh men so that they are more accepting of beauty far away from the norm.

I don't mean to be negative, and it's not solely the fault of the male sex, but I think it's the fault of many factors, of which, men, media and society play a major role. I am proud of my Sikh brothers who wear a turban. I don't think women would have a problem marrying a Sardar, but I think they associate marrying a Sardar with not being able to "beautify" themselves