The Number 108

gianvirdi

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you please now give me the uthanika to these three shabads and who the updesh was too.

Remember in one shabad Bhagat Kabir Ji says to one do not shout the name of God out as you do so in hypocracy. He says one should meditate slowly and quitly.

In another shabad they tell a person to shout the name of God again and again so all can hear.

For this reason i ask for the uthanika please.

If a mala is a bad thing then why did the gurus have them such as guru nanak dev ji, guru arjan dev ji and guru hargobind ji just to name a few that i have personally seen?

If a mala was for just show then the gurus would not have had them for theirselves!

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

kbIr myrI ismrnI rsnw aUpir rwmu ]

kabeer maeree simaranee rasanaa oopar raam ||

Kabeer, my rosary is my tongue, upon which the Lord's Name is strung.

Awid jugwdI sgl Bgq qw ko suKu ibsRwmu ]1]

aadh jugaadhee sagal bhagath thaa ko sukh bisraam ||1||

From the very beginning, and throughout the ages, all the devotees abide in tranquil peace. ||1||

vaheguru :WW:

This is one of three shabads in which Bhagat Kabeer Jee disassociates from the mala

bhookhae bhagath n keejai ||

I am so hungry, I cannot perform devotional worship service.

Xh mwlw ApnI lIjY ]

yeh maalaa apanee leejai ||

Here, Lord, take back Your mala.

Another is

maathhae thilak hathh maalaa baanaa(n) ||

Some apply ceremonial marks to their foreheads, hold malas in their hands, and wear religious robes.

logn rwmu iKlaunw jwnW ]1]

logan raam khilounaa jaanaa(n) ||1||

Some people think that the Lord is a play-thing. ||1||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4131

It's quite difficult to post Gurbani tuks and expect other sangat to have the same interpretation as you.

YOU GUYS SEE

this is just to show off people that ur meditating (mostly)

and if u dont believe look at the 3 tuks given by tableji

Don't know about it being just for show...

I was told by a gurmukh that when you're meditating (or in my case, trying to meditate) then it's extremely easy for the mind to wander. Therefore, using some sort of basis for your senses helps the mind to settle down.

TOUCH: When you use a mala to do simran, your mind focuses (through your nerves) on the mala.

SMELL: Some Gursikhs use incense to stop the nose from wandering (esp if you have the smell of hot pizza right outside your room)

SIGHT: Most Gursikhs close their eyes but you can focus our eyes on a stationary object, and I've found that it helps (and it helps from falling asleep!)

SOUND: If you repeat the mantr aloud then your ears will adjust to that one sound and not be distracted as easily.

And once again about the tuks, people have different interpretations.

For example, the second one, I would take that as Bhagat Kabeer trying to highlight his pyaas for Akaal, and in that statement, he's saying, "I want Darshan of Akall so badly that I can't even sit still and do my bhagti." I don't take it to mean that he's actually denouncing the mala, just that he's so in love with Akaal that it's all he can think about.

YOU GUYS SEE

I was told by a gurmukh that when you're meditating (or in my case, trying to meditate) then it's extremely easy for the mind to wander. Therefore, using some sort of basis for your senses helps the mind to settle down.

TOUCH: When you use a mala to do simran, your mind focuses (through your nerves) on the mala.

SMELL: Some Gursikhs use incense to stop the nose from wandering (esp if you have the smell of hot pizza right outside your room)

SIGHT: Most Gursikhs close their eyes but you can focus our eyes on a stationary object, and I've found that it helps (and it helps from falling asleep!)

SOUND: If you repeat the mantr aloud then your ears will adjust to that one sound and not be distracted as easily.

For example, the second one, I would take that as Bhagat Kabeer trying to highlight his pyaas for Akaal, and in that statement, he's saying, "I want Darshan of Akall so badly that I can't even sit still and do my bhagti." I don't take it to mean that he's actually denouncing the mala, just that he's so in love with Akaal that it's all he can think about.

:TH: i like

YOU GUYS SEE

Yeah but this raises the question is simran only reciting vaheguru, or is it thinking about vaheguru aswell as reciting? - is it simran when its from your mouth alone? or is it when you are doing vaheguru from within constantly. In that case - if Bhagat Kabeer Jee is sooo in love with maharaj, surely then the simran is happening internally?

Yeah but this raises the question is simran only reciting vaheguru, or is it thinking about vaheguru aswell as reciting? - is it simran when its from your mouth alone? or is it when you are doing vaheguru from within constantly. In that case - if Bhagat Kabeer Jee is sooo in love with maharaj, surely then the simran is happening internally?

muKhu hir hir sBu ko krY ivrlY ihrdY vswieAw ]

mukhahu har har sabh ko karai viralai hiradhai vasaaeiaa ||

Everyone can chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har with their mouths, but only a few enshrine it within their hearts.

nwnk ijn kY ihrdY visAw moK mukiq iqn@ pwieAw ]8]2]

naanak jin kai hiradhai vasiaa mokh mukath thinh paaeiaa ||8||2||

O Nanak, those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts, attain liberation and emancipation. ||8||2||