1000 Sikh Battles That Make You Proud To Be Sikh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone give me more details of these battles, so we can add them to the list.

BAttle of Muktsar - Number Sikh forces and Sikh shaheed - Number Muslim forces and muslims killed (moghuls)

BAttle of sarhind - same

Battle of sarsa - same

1st Battle of Anandpur Sahib - same

2nd Battle of Anandpur Sahib - same

anyone with info kindly reply

i know there are many other battles like 5 of guru gargobind sahib ji etc, but that i'll add later. First complete information on these 5 historical battles.

WJKK WJKF

• 1 year later...

Battle of Nandaun:

The hill cheifs had not payed tribute to the Emperor of Dehli for a few years. In 1690 Mian Khan governor of Jammu recieved orders from Dehli to take steps aginst them. The governor sent Alif Khan to revieve the tribute. He went to Nandaun via Kangra. He sent a warning to Raka Bhim Chand and the other Hill Cheifs that they should pay the tribute or get ready for battle. The Hill chiefs did not want to have the burden of paying the tribute. Raja Bhim Chand's chief minister advised that they seek Guru Gobind Rai's advice and aid. Guru Ji told them not to pay the tribute as it would just lead to more and more demands from the Emperor. With the Guru assistance the Hill chiefs won the battle. Guru Ji used this oppurtunties to urge the Hill Chiefs to fight for the freedom of the country, the Hill Chiefs promised to abide by the Guru's advice in future.

After the defeat of Alif Khan, Dilawer Khan governor of Lahore decided to defeat the Guru and the hill chiefs. He sent his son, Rustam Khan to deal with the Guru. He directed his attack at Anandpur. The Sikhs prepared for battle, they were helped by the monsoon rains which caused a small tributary of the Sutlej which caused it to flood. Because of this obstruction and his army being frightened by hearing the loud war cries of the Sikhs on the other side of the streams. Because of this Rustam Khan went back without having a battle. This steam was called Sahari Nala (the Helper Steam) by the Sikhs.

Battle of Guler:

After this Dilawar Khan's slave named Hussain Khan bosted that he would plunder the Guru's city & get tribute from the hill chiefs it he was given an army. Dilawar Khan gave him command of 2,000 mens and marched to Anandpur Sahib. Raja Ajmer Chand who had succeded Raja Bhim Chand in 1691, Raja Kirpal Chand of Katoch and many other hill chiefs forget their promises with Guru Ji and threw in thier lot with Hussain Khan. They paid tribute to him and proceded towards Anandpur Sahib, intent upon attacking sacking and destoying it. Before they attacked the city they decided to finish of Raja Gopal of Guler. Raja Gopal then sent an envoy to Guru Ji to pray for help. Guru Ji sent a strong contingent of finley selected warriors under the command of Bhai Sangtia Singh. In the Battle of Guler, Hussain Khan and two of his officer called who were called Himmat and Kimmat, Raja Kirpal Chand and some other prominent officers of the Hill Cheifs army were killed along with most of their army. The rest of the army fled in terror. Ajmer Chand saved his life by surrendering. Bhai Sangita Singh along with several of his companians were killed. The Battle took place in 1751-52 BK or 1694-95 A.D.

• 3 weeks later...
me is from jalwehra/jalwerha, hoshiarpur, garhshankar, punjab, khalistan, asia, world, universe

yours?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

IM FROM THAT PIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep adding to the list guys!! And also add wars during Sikh Gurus times, since i'm not that good in history of during the times of the Gurus...

1. Saragarhi Battle - 21 Sikhs in British Armed Forces against 10,000 Tribal Afghan Army

2. Operation Blue Star - 237 Khalsa Sikhs with limited weapons against 100,000 Hind Army with modern weapons

i don't think it was 237 sikhs vs 100 000 indian soilders not even close but the indian army did use tanks.

Shaheed Bhai Jugraj Singh Khalsa Toofaan jee in 1990

i can't believe no ones knws about the BABBAER AKAALI LEHAR During British raj and shaheed sardar kishan singh gharahraj

i have the 1000+ page book on the babar akalis. the true reaason why they were successful was because they made being a gursikh essential to being a babar akali. there code of conduct section is fascinating

• 3 months later...

i dont support any battle, or any unneccessary killings..... that goes for all religions, im not singling out sikhism.

You must be buddhist then..!

how about if somebody attacks your place and try to loot your house...even then you will say i will not fight as i believe in ahimsa as preached by pseudo bapu of India MK Gandhi...!