"honour Kills"

anjaan

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I could not see a previous topic

Was just wondering if anyone else had seen the 2 part documentary on BBC1 yesterday evening and Wednesday evening, If so what did you make of it?

For those of you who missed it you can see the 1st part here 1st part

and the 2nd part here 2nd part

Vaheguru, it's proper messed up, in the 1st one the father killed his 3 young children with a rounders bat and in the 2nd one the father set fire 2 his house killing his wife and 4 daughters (4 or 3) but he later also died from his injuries. Also in the 2nd one a littly 6yr old girl died because someone petrol bombed their house, her brother seemed like a right doofus!! :s watch it and you will understand! But whatever he did it's no excuse for people to behave like maniacs!! :D

Thins kind of stuff makes me sick :D also this guy was talking to me at work he is of afro/carribbean (sp?) descent and he was like this kind of thing makes us all wary of asians in general and we end up creating stero types and tarnishing everyone with the same brush

The media laps up such stories but I don't think that they intentionally label any 'asian' killings as honour killings unless there is enough evidence to show that it was. The two documentaries were about three honour killings and I think the BBC handled it quite sensitively. The brother of the girl who was killed because he chatted to some girl in a library was a right muppet! He denied everything at the beginning until the cops told him outright that they knew that the arson was because of his relationship with the girl. The thing about that case was firstly the brother of that girl got his friends to do the dirty work of burning the house and the car and the secondly that how would that the brother of the little girl who died have felt if one of his sisters was seeing some guy! These people are total hypocrites.

The Accrington case was quite disturbing especially when the Mosque leaders asked the brother of the women who had been murdered along with her 4 kids by the husband asking if it was ok to bury the husband with the family!

When a asian kills his wife for cheating its called honour killing, when a white person does it it goes unnoticed

SOOOO true!

When a asian kills his wife for cheating its called honour killing, when a white person does it it goes unnoticed

True..

I noticed their was one case of this white policeman in kent,uk who had murdered his wife and kids because he had found out she had cheated on him. Yet take a similar story of an asian pakistani muslim man from berkshire who murdered his wife and kid yet he along with the asian community is protrayed worser by attaching this dumb concept of honour killings to the case.

Honour is a very traditionalist concept, it can be argued that because people in the west do not respect honour these days that is why society is going down the pan as people have no respect for others or self respect. So honour is important to maintain, especially if you want respect and a ordered healthy society.

I was listening to this radio program where this white presenter was saying how asian youths these days are getting as bad as the black and white kids. He was praising and idolising how asian parents kept their kids out of trouble in the past because of strong traditionalist family unit and values but as generations go past, the british born asian kids are adopting the bad traits of western society and all the problems that brings (ie one parent families, multiple sexual partners=more STDs around, more kids taking up violent crime,etc)

"When a asian kills his wife for cheating its called honour killing, when a white person does it it goes unnoticed"

no when a white person kills his wife its called murder! and is sometimes labeled a crime of passion. honor killings are generally supported by the family of the murderer. white familes don't feel that theve been shamed if some one in there extended family cheats on there spouse. the label honor makes it sound like its something honorable so it dosnt sound so bad.

as for youth behavior asians have always succeeded more than other immegrant communities because of hard work and high standards. i guess all that is changing now that they are born in the west and feel some since of intitlement. its sad

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I could not see a previous topic

Was just wondering if anyone else had seen the 2 part documentary on BBC1 yesterday evening and Wednesday evening, If so what did you make of it?

For those of you who missed it you can see the 1st part here 1st part

and the 2nd part here 2nd part

Vaheguru, it's proper messed up, in the 1st one the father killed his 3 young children with a rounders bat and in the 2nd one the father set fire 2 his house killing his wife and 4 daughters (4 or 3) but he later also died from his injuries. Also in the 2nd one a littly 6yr old girl died because someone petrol bombed their house, her brother seemed like a right doofus!! :s watch it and you will understand! But whatever he did it's no excuse for people to behave like maniacs!! :D

Thins kind of stuff makes me sick :D also this guy was talking to me at work he is of afro/carribbean (sp?) descent and he was like this kind of thing makes us all wary of asians in general and we end up creating stero types and tarnishing everyone with the same brush

but carribean complain the most about media bashing them.