Yudh 08 - Holla Mohalla

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

All details on registering for competitions are available online at www.yudh.co.uk. All panthic organisations will be attending and hopefully panthic Nihang Singhs attending from around the world. Singhs or Singhnia who consume meat or intoxicants will not be allowed to enter the tournament as it will be against the maryada of the tournament and Gurdwara sahib.

Gurfateh Ji

it isnt against the maryada of sikhi tho is it?

you need to change your tournamnet maryada as it is obvioulsy against sikh maryada, therefore manmat.

How exactly are you gonna check who has eaten meat as well?

the knowledge of self defence is not limited to amritdharis either.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it isnt against the maryada of sikhi tho is it?

It is against Khalsa Maryada and yes maybe 0.1% of Amridharie Khalsa believe different, Guru Granth Sahib Ji states eating meat is wrong and so does the majority of Guru Panth Khalsa

you need to change your tournamnet maryada as it is obvioulsy against sikh maryada, therefore manmat.

As stated above

How exactly are you gonna check who has eaten meat as well?

Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj has given us Sikhi the greatest tool given to mankind to solve every problem or issue

the knowledge of self defence is not limited to amritdharis either.

Holla Mohalla is a Khalsa tradition

Please do not take our statements as offensive this is what we believe, you do not have to agree but we please request you not to argue just to help us in a positive manner.

Gurfateh Ji Jio

When akj, taksaal, nanaksar etc say eating meating is wrong.

Then why are the nihungs, sgpc, singh sabha who accept chatka left out?

i dont wana get this topic locked by turning it into a meat /veggie yudh 2008. but if you think that taksal say dont accept chatka then you aint been listening to them guest. however keeping this positive, i will refer you to www.gurmatveechar.com and there under katha look for Giani Thakur Singh patial wale, a very respected scholar, and under his recordings look for Muktinama. there you will see what the proper view of meat is.

and i suggest everyone do this.

THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT YUDH 08, it seems the intentions of some individuals is to cause a niddar singh debate, if that dossnt work then one about meat and if that fails then they will try something new . . .

WHATS UR PROBLEM?????

benti to admin to delete all irrelevent posts. . .

good luck with the tournament.

When akj, taksaal, nanaksar etc say eating meating is wrong.

Then why are the nihungs, sgpc, singh sabha who accept chatka left out?

The Chardi Kalaa Akali Nihang Singhs we accociate with do not accept meating eating and keep pure bisnoi maryada as do the majority of the Khalsa Panth i.e. sampradas, jathas.

Sangat Ji, as stated before the maryada the Gurdwara Sahib and sevadars of the tournament follow is the foundation to how the tournament will be run. We are not telling you to stop your meat eating or taking of intoxication if that is your thing??? all we ask is that you respect the maryada we adhere.

http://www.khalsapanth.co.uk/food.html

A brief detail on Gurdwara maryada - (Not complete info)

http://www.gurdwara.orchardhostings3.co.uk.../gurdwara3.html

Gurfateh Ji

Every year. Every year when the Yudh comes around, people have to bicker about it. Every year, its the same old thing. Nihangs who eat meat and drink cannot be openly allowed to take part.

Gatka is about jeevan as well, not just swinging some sticks around. You will also notice a lot of youth present at the Yudh - what kind of message would u be sending out if you done veechaar to youth not to eat meat or drink etc when you teach them Gatka, but then allow such people to take part in a gatka tournament?

The only argument, in my honest opinion, that such people can argue with is that SOME kids that to take part in the Yudh are not vegetarian or are eggetarian. However, they are kids and it is up to organisers of such events to put forward role models who they can look up to - which they are TRYING to do if it wasnt for the silly few who have to cause a rukuss every year.

No one is perfect so please forgive me if i have offended anyone.

The Yudh lot have all the right in the world to spitulate whatever rules of entry they wish, I have nothing against that. What I have an issue with is calling their shoobaji gatka as Shastarvidiya. The Gurus Vidiya is a amazingly technical and sophisticated art, if these Gatkabaaj can shamelessly claim their art is what the Gurus did I will aways apose that.

Rather then getting together to analyze and compare both arts, they have hijacked the name and called it their own, duping the public at large and making people think that what they do is the same as what the Khalsa did on the battlefield, sorry to burst your bubble but Gatka is no where close to traditional shastarvidiya.

If you have spent at least 10 years learning Shastarvidiya, then you have some right to say you are a practitioner of it or you have in depth knowledge of it, but various individuals without training, without practise and without any knowledge of the sidaant or strategies of Shastarvidiya have began to call their crappy stick waving as Shastarvidiya.

This is similar to someone listening to a shabad on a CD, and singing as they think it is, without deeper knowledge of Raag Vdiiya and saying "Im a Classical Drupad Raagi", or someone making up their own Santhiya and sayin they have learnt from Taksal.

Gurbar Akaal

The Yudh lot have all the right in the world to spitulate whatever rules of entry they wish, I have nothing against that. What I have an issue with is calling their shoobaji gatka as Shastarvidiya. The Gurus Vidiya is a amazingly technical and sophisticated art, if these Gatkabaaj can shamelessly claim their art is what the Gurus did I will aways apose that.

Rather then getting together to analyze and compare both arts, they have hijacked the name and called it their own, duping the public at large and making people think that what they do is the same as what the Khalsa did on the battlefield, sorry to burst your bubble but Gatka is no where close to traditional shastarvidiya.

If you have spent at least 10 years learning Shastarvidiya, then you have some right to say you are a practitioner of it or you have in depth knowledge of it, but various individuals without training, without practise and without any knowledge of the sidaant or strategies of Shastarvidiya have began to call their crappy stick waving as Shastarvidiya.

This is similar to someone listening to a shabad on a CD, and singing as they think it is, without deeper knowledge of Raag Vdiiya and saying "Im a Classical Drupad Raagi", or someone making up their own Santhiya and sayin they have learnt from Taksal.

Gurbar Akaal

I agree. However, Gatka has provided a platform for youth to come, network, learn about Sikh history and battles, recite naam and bani, and learn how to live the life of a true Sant-Sipahi.

I do feel sorry for some youth though because they spend years learning it but its not really practical - in my opinion, in the long run Gatka is a waste compared to the art of true Shastervidiya. And from what ive seen, many Gatka akharas just dont have the discipline required to get them off the sticks and on to swords.

Those are my views anyway.