Respect For Gurbani Online

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ke fateh

dont want 2 sound silly but....i was wondering, when online and reading gurbani if it is wrong to highlight and read gurbani??? erm i got the thought because we shouldnt follow gurbani in a gutka sahib with our finger, so does this mean we shouldnt do this online for satkaar??

pls help

thank you

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ke fateh

Well its interesting because whereas we wouldnt put a gutka on the floor, we have no problem with putting laptops etc on the floor when using STTM for example.

I guess the argument is that its all digital and binary ie. consisting of digits such as 1000100110110001. And therefore its ok as its not written by a "soul".

U know have PDA's with Gurbani on and people carry Guru Jee around on it. Its kinda... weird thinking about it. There would be a big ethical debate if ever scientists tried to download a persons thoughts etc on to machine and i reckon Sikhs would be against that BUT we have no problem allowing Guru Granth Sahib Jee to be downloaded on to a machine. Just goes to show we dont really treat Guru Jee as our living Guru... we just wannabe's......

so im kinda divided on the thing on a personal level. But i still continue to use digital Gurbani because it doesnt seem the panthic leaders condemn it and chardhi kalaah singhs (who i wud class as CK) also seem to use it... guess that makes me a sheep... following the flock :s

wjkk wjkf

if you highlight bani, its maha paap and person will go to hell..... :lol

it doesnt matter (i think), what matters is how much pyaar you have while reading and what matters is that do we really follow what our guru ji is saying....!!!

hope this helps,

wjkk wjkf