Darshan

jii

i was at the gurdwara and these people were talking about darshan, how others had encountered it, but the one who did, did not want to discuss it. however another person who was trying to enlighten us with sikhism, told us that he had a darshan in his dream - i think it was a dream about a certain message he had. however he told us, that he discussed his dream with a gani, who told him that it was a false sign as a darsham would not happen through such circumstances (something like that, i cant remember the full facts).

for this reason i just wanted to know. i guess there are some people who do have connections with god, but feel that if discussed, the connection will no longer be made - thus i guess its fair for some to feel unable to discuss their darshan, i respect that.

myrw mnu locY gur drsn qweI ]

maeraa man lochai gur dharasan thaaee ||

My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.

My interpretation of darshan is that it's more like Guru Ji's erm...presence. It's not necessarily physical....I might be stabbing in the dark here cos I'm just a Moorakh but why would Guru Ji show us a physical form when They are beyond any such thing? I think we are always in Guru Ji's Darshan it's just when we realise this and remember do we get blessed to 'feel' or 'see' with our senses. I dunno if that made sense lol tongue.gif

Bhul Chukk Maaf...