Shatri Ko Pooth Hai Bahan Ko Nahi

orono

I would agree with Charandhoor Singh. Guru Ji never shirked from his heritage and if he was born into a khatri lineage then so be it. Khatri is a noble line born out of honour and chivalry.

Hysterics like << Oh so we know Guroo Sahibs 'caste' now, I guess its only kshatrya amritdharis which can call themselves children of Guroo Sahib? >> are not helpful. It does not follow that only Khatries can be children of Guru Sahib Ji else he would not have chosen 5 pyaray from differing casts., he would not have written “Manas ki jaat sabhay ekh pihchaanboe”

<<<< There are NO traditions or beliefs that are 'borrowed' from any other system, Sikh Panth is 100% Nyara and EVERY teaching, belief and tradition comes from Guroo Sahib himself. >>>

I agree with you, yet our belief in reincarnation was there before we came along, as are concepts of nirvana, karam theory. Guru Ji states a fact that he was from khatri that is all, if he wanted to be proud of this he would not have started Khalsa panth, but he did.

look at the actions of the two types of people maharajh is talking about.

Kashatriye's are people of action, people of sacrifice, in whom battle and blood are a feature of life from the moment they are born.

Brahmans were people who misled the masses, used their caste to opress and bully others. they generally sat back and let others do the dirty work and enjoyed their succsses.

Which seems more appropriate to you?

Also i have heard that there is some uthankha behind this pankti. The steek by pandit narayan singh doesnt contain these but if anyone can remember from katha, please share.

Other then that there is nothing offensive in the steeks and the translations there seem perfectly fine.

As you seem to have genuince concerns I will respond to your post. Gurbani is brahmgyan, when something doesnt click it means we havent yet understood it, it doesnt mean its not bani. The kind of thinking that becase it doesnt make sense to it cant be write is exactly what destroys religous traditions.

As sons of maharaj, maharaj was Kshatri (of warrior caste) by taking amrit and becoming sons of maharaj we too become part of that family lineage. There is no caste distinction between there is equality, in Aarti Aarta we read "Char Varan Ik Varan Karaoo, Vaheguru Singh Ko Naam Japao". Maharaj says he will bring the four castes into one and have the Singh japp Vaheguru. Kshatri's are the noble Kings, maharaj made poor low caste men noble men, hence the hill rajas and others of kshatri lineage objection to maharaj. Maharaj proved that being Kashatri was a way of living as opposed to a right by birth alone - all arguements based on caste discrimination therefore do not apply.

Tell me was there a maryada of keshdhari before maharaj, was the title Singh used before maharaj, were raags around before maharaj, did the notion of dharam exist before maharaj, did worship of shastar exist before mahara??? . I am not saying the Gurus borrowed anything, I am saying they re-established truth or Dharam, was there not truth in Satjug? The term Hindu is a very recent construct compared to idea of Kshatri which has been around since Satjug. I suggest you read the book 'Who Invented Hinduism'.

The various assertions you have made and the beliefs you have shared dont seem to be backed up by anything, unless you were born all knowledgable then I suggest you do some thinking. Thats not an attack but friendly advice, Sikhi has suffered reform and reform becasue people based their religion on their own opinions.

Kshatriya is something you are born into, in what way is that equivalent to the Khalsa Panth?

The idea that you KARAM decides whether you are born a Bhramin/Kshatriya was stil the idea - only because of corruption that birth-right began. The idea, however, was not at fault.

Oh so we know Guroo Sahibs 'caste' now, I guess its only kshatrya amritdharis which can call themselves children of Guroo Sahib?

Childish comment.

Would Guroo Sahib ever ever be happy of lineage, and at the same time insult someone else?

An unnecessary rhetorical question - unrelevant to this topic.

Kshatrya warrior hasnt got naam and can fight for ego, a Khalsa on the other hand will fight ONLY in defence of Dharam.

The Duty of a true Kshatriya is to fight to defend Dharam as well you know.

Now think about it, Guroo Sahib is telling us to be proud as we are a Hindu Varna? yeah right.

OOHH now i just found a nice place to put your unnecessary rhetorical question: "Would Guroo Sahib ever ever be happy of lineage, and at the same time insult someone else?"

There are NO traditions or beliefs that are 'borrowed' from any other system, Sikh Panth is 100% Nyara and EVERY teaching, belief and tradition comes from Guroo Sahib himself.

Sikhi is a dharmik panth yes?

The idea of dharam, karam, Satgur etc existed before.. You have to understand that Guru Nanak's Sikhi was alive way before his human birth - Akaal just needed to remind us moorakhs of the world about this Path.

You cannot MAKE a path to Akaal Purakh - the path is already THERE - it is about getting onto that path.

And, pretend you're right, so why did Guru Nanak only come in 1469? Why not at the beginning? Where did this Sikhiya of Dharam etc come from?

shatri dharam is only 1/4 of Khalsa Dharam

Guru ji says that all four castes will be one.

from brahman - paath poja

shatri - warrior spirit , defence ofthe weak

vashno- 10 nauha di kamai

shudar - sewa

In katha this line was given by Guru Ji as reply to brahmans. like someone has sed earlier the brahmans couldnt save themselves, how could they save others?

also , evryting in sikhi is not new to the world or to jagiasus. The concept of One God, the 4 yugs , naam, sewa , daan etc . these were all around from the beginning of time. over time these had become dead, or forgotten. Guru Ji was born for the purpose of reestablishing dharma. Guru Ji says clearly in Bachitar Natak in Dasam Guru Granth.

• 11 years later...

Maharaj is showing the utmost nimrta here. Maharaj is saying that he does not have the ability to praise Waheguru. Traditionally, the Brahmins praised Waheguru, whereas the Kashatri engaged in battle...

Guru Ji has made his Sikhs Brahmins, Kashatri, Vesh, and Shudar...

When a Gursikh praises Waheguru, consider that to be an attribute of Brahmin. When a Gursikh engages in battle, consider that to be an attribute of a Kashatri. When a Gursikh  makes a living through farming, as a shopkeeper, as an office worker, or any other honest profession, then that is an attribute of a Vesh. When a Gursikh dusts the shoes of the Sangat, cleans the floor of the Gurdwara Sahib, or cleans the utensils in Langar, then this is an attribute of a Shudar...