Amrit!

B4ND4

Perhaps we do blindly follow these things, but then one has to question what blind faith really is and whether it is good or not. It could probably make an interesting topic.

B4ND4 I know what you're trying to ask/get across. We all know that Amrit is necessary for a Sikh, in the same way passing an exam is necessary to get a degree - it's the law, the way the Sikh panth was created and entry was established by Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

IMHO we shouldn't try to assume that we know Guru Saheb's limits. Our vision is so limited that only a lucky few probably know His wondrous ways. Therefore I don't think it's impossible that Guru Saheb reveals himself to those who have no physically taken Amrit. Examples are the Bhagats, although many people have different opinions on them with regards to Amrit.

I hope this helps a little bit.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i am trying to say is there is something beyond the walls of religion. I feel Sikhi wasn't supposed to be an organized religion and neither were any other 'schools of thought'. I want to say so much more but i would refrain from going there because it just might heat things up. Organized religion will lead to hatred and the true purpose, the sole purpose of WAHEGURU will be lost. Its all about love, humility and nothing else. That is what is feel.

As for the example mod sahiba gave about sitting in exams to get a degree. I feel people can get degrees without going to school too.

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

jo pRwxI goivMdu iDAwvY ]

jo praanee govi(n)dh dhhiaavai ||

That mortal who meditates on the Lord of the Universe,

piVAw AxpiVAw prm giq pwvY ]1]

parriaa anaparriaa param gath paavai ||1||

whether educated or uneducated, obtains the state of supreme dignity. ||1||

swDU sMig ismir gopwl ]

saadhhoo sa(n)g simar gopaal ||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, meditate on the Lord of the World.

ibnu nwvY JUTw Dnu mwlu ]1] rhwau ]

bin naavai jhoot(h)aa dhhan maal ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Name, wealth and property are false. ||1||Pause||

All i see around me/on the forum is people pushing their own ideas which most of us don't even know they are following it blindly. Why does mind make us believe in that. Why do humans act like that. I strongly feel if we stay like that we won't be able to climb the wall and look at the truth with our own eyes. I am telling you am not at the stage where i can put my thoughts into words. We should be the puppets controlled by that ONE and not by the religion which has been ruined, will be manipulated as long as we live, as long as there is thirst for power.

I guess i need to buy a diary to pen down my stupid thoughts : |.

We already are good inside why we need amrit, if we need to be amrit inside not outside, why to take amrit.

Giani said, In india when we boor in the ground with boor-machine, to get water out of the ground, we also need water from outside. When you put water from outside in the Boor hole, there comes water from inside to outside.

Thanks for responding SSjatt veer.. jatts for life...PJD..loolz .. yes giani came up with that analogy or may be heard it from someone and he will use it for all his life to explain the significance of amrit. Some will do wah! wah! after listening to his bachans, some will forget what they heard. Life goes on... but the question is... did the giani know there are hot springs, geysers which don't need anything to be poured from the outside.

the story 1978 had mentions goes summit lyk, this tho i dnt know ne of the people in story, i know the jist.

so..their was a couple who had a child. They then had the baby, soon after being born take amrit. As a result soon after the baby had died. They then got very upset, however tried for another baby, wen this baby was born as before it was given amrit, and agen just like before it passed away. This actually hapened i think 6 times (6 of their children). So they went to see a mahpursh, of whose name i have forgotten. On meeting this mahpursh, and telling them wot kept happening, he asked, "did u giv the baby amrit?", they obviously sed yes. He then told them to not giv amrit until they reach a greater age. So their 7th child lived up to 18, an then the child decided to take the amrit, and then he too soon aftere passed away

The couple so upset, went back to the mahpursh and asked then y this kept happening. smiling, he told them that are very lucky and honoured to have given birth to such children. They seemed confused obviously, as was i wen i herd this. But he tld them that these children were souls that in their last life had lived a good life however the only thing stopping them from reaching sachkand was taking amrit, this is why ur children leave this world so soon after taking amrit.

Im sorry i couldnt tell the story a bit betta, i got a bad memeory lol, but the gist and message is still their, an as i writing this like how it is, its still very inspirational, an i guees it nswers the question in this topic. btw good topic nihungsmile.gif

what do you mean when you say is the amrit sanchar ceromoney required?

how else should one receive amrit then?.........

You sound like Christian missionaries : |.

Well i am gonna assume no one really has the answers and they just blindly follow something. I am sure Waheguru doesn't give darshan just to amritdharis/people with kes but no one here doesn't want to explain/doesn't have an explanation.

paaji you misunderstood me.

im am trying to understand your original question fully, so i can try and answer it.

you stated that is the actual ceromony of receiving amrit necessary. so asked, if we didnt receive amrit i.e from panj piayre in the normal maner, how else would we get amrit?

paaji we dont blindly follow anything, we follow mahraj. that love one feels for mahraj, we follow his hukam, his piaar. one doesnt plan to just go to an amrit sanchar. mahraj chooses you! mahraj chooses the individual and blesses us with this amazing gift. im sorry i have no knowledge so i cant explain any further, just follow your heart. forget all other attatchments, focus on your true relationship with waheguroo, all other things will follow, u will see.