Amrit!

B4ND4

This is a small portion of an article I wrote 3 years ago. Don't know if its going to make any sense, but I wrote it at a time when I was under immense pressure from my family to give up my appearance, and this was only 4 months after I took Amrit. Once you've read this, please realize that I am no longer the same person who wrote this. Bloody I miss my old self!

So what does it mean to fear God, and/or to love God? Can these two stages be simultaneous? Maybe, maybe not! Almost every other person who is not an atheist or a hardcore agnostic fears God. Many people don't commit sins due to fear of God. But how many are those who stay away from evil because they love God? How many are those who live spiritual lives not because they expect rewards from God and don't want any kind of penalties imposed on them? How many people are driven away from sin just because they love God rather than the fact that they believe God will punish them?

I sit here writing all this, and surprisingly for a long time I myself wasn't aware as to what it meant to have love for God rather than fear. The feeling that "O Lord! You are All-Merciful and All-Forgiving. No matter what I do, You will always forgive me and still accept me as Your own. No matter how much I fall, You will still pick me up. No matter how much I dirty myself with the filth of all possible sins, You will still wash me and make me perfectly clean. And no matter how many times I fail, You are always there to give me another chance". Once this wave starts within someone, that person will feel ashamed to do anything wrong.

Imagine a child who scored bad grades on a test. Rather than scolding him/her, if the father of this child smiles and encourages this child to do better next time, what will be the mental state of this child. He/she won't dare to repeat the same mistake. Even though the father may repeatedly forgive the child's failures, but the love for the father will prevent him/her from doing anything that disappoints his/her father. He/she knows that he/she won't be punished, but it's the love that makes the child not repeat the same mistakes. Even if one is shameless enough to not learn from one's mistakes, the guilt of disappointing someone you love deeply is strong enough to give you the power to make efforts towards improvement. We fail to learn and never try to improve, and when things go wrong, or don't go as expected, we name the situation as a punishment from God.

God never punishes. It is we who waver and punish ourselves. The Divine Almighty gives us innumerable chances to improve ourselves and complete our journey to the Supreme Abode, but it is we who keep slipping. We fear God as if God was out there to wreck vengeance on us, but the Divine Almighty, our Creator is only there to take care of us. It is this sense of not wanting to disappoint our Father, although He never gets disappointed, it is this sense of not wanting to feel ashamed before Him, although we are not even worth looking Him in the eye, it is this sense of wanting to be His most beloved children that stops His lovers from all wrong doings. Dear reader(s), here it is not fear, but pure love that does the trick!

Beware! The path of true love is far from easy. One poet calls it as "a river of fire in which one has to drown in order to swim across". And what is even more terrifying is that you go into it all alone. The only consolation you have is that the one you truly love is with you at any cost. Other than that, you may very well expect the entire world to turn against you. That is the real test of true love. Love also means giving. There is just one road in one direction without any tracks. You give, you surrender, you give up, you offer, you submit, you lay down, and you do all this without expecting anything in return! You don't see your own loss or gain, but just do whatever it takes for the one you love.

A mother once took her only son to the doctor. The son had a tumor on his arm and was getting worse. The doctor started cutting the tumor in front of the mom to get the puss out. The little child screamed in agony, the mother was in tears, but she let the doctor do his job. The child may have hated the mother for not helping him, but little did he know about the truth behind this pain. Little did he know that all this was to cure him. He couldn't see the big picture and may have hated his mother for watching him cry and do nothing about it.

God is our Supreme Mother. At times in life we go through immense pain and feel that there is no God. One's faith breaks easily during hardships which are actually the true test of faith. But we fail to look at the bigger picture. We fail to accept the fact that this pain is similar to the child's pain felt as the tumor was being removed. If He puts us through fire, it is meant to turn us into gold and not burn us.

Taking Amrit is when we've reached the peak of burning love for SatGuru Jee. Taking Amrit is when we are ready to sacrifice anything and everything for one glance from SatGuru Jee. Taking Amrit is when getting yourself cut into pieces to get one smile from Gurujee becomes the goal of your life. Taking Amrit is signing your own death warrant and handing it over to Gurujee. Taking Amrit is surrendering your head, body, mind, thoughts, deeds, words to Gurujee. Taking Amrit is when you give, you surrender, you give up, you offer, you submit, you lay down, and you do all this without expecting anything in return! You don't see your own loss or gain, but just do whatever it takes for the one you love.

As easy as it is to type all this, its a million times more harder (nearly impossible for losers like me) to stand upto.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for responding SSjatt veer.. jatts for life...PJD..loolz .. yes giani came up with that analogy or may be heard it from someone and he will use it for all his life to explain the significance of amrit. Some will do wah! wah! after listening to his bachans, some will forget what they heard. Life goes on... but the question is... did the giani know there are which don't need anything to be poured from the outside.

Sorry but i did not understand your reaction, what are hot springs, geysers.

My english is not very well, but are these to make warm water or to get water from the ground. My explaining was that you need to give water from outside to inside only first time, after that it wil come by itself.

Bull chuk maaf Paji

WkWF

PS. i have also problems with my account whose is the moderator who can help me,

i e-mailed a lot but no answers back. that's why my re-post on this topic is late.

tanx

** MOD NOTE: Your ticket has been answered as of a couple of days ago. You are under moderation for quality control, which is why your posts don't go through right away.

BaBa.G**

Is Amrit really required??

What is amrit? Amrit in the physical sense is water mixed with pesheh by Five Singhs who recite the 5 banieaah whist stiring the amrit.............

on a spiritual sense, Guru Gobind Singh Jee sed that where stood Five singh's, u will se his roop there, so now we have Guru Gobind Singh Jee standing prepering the Amrit :s Taking Amrit is like planting a seed...............we have a set of instructions to follow in order to help the plant grow but if u havent planted the seed, nothing will grow...............

When i say amrit i am talking about about the amrit sinchar ceremony, is it really required??

The Amrit sanchaar ceremony itself is something that in Guru Jees time spead equality amonsgt deivied and caste fuelled societies where the "untouchables" were exactly that.................untouchable..........men were treating men like animals.........here Guru Ji brings us back the simplicity of humanity.........to unite us as one............Kudrat keh bandeh..............man is one, it doesnt matter where one has come from, when taking amrit he is turning his back to the world and facing waheguru and to follow the path of Truth, Love, compassion and unity. I say in Guru Ji's time but it is very evident to see see that we are recongized more as a divied nation rather than united.......When taking the actually amrit.............the water blessed with mahrajs bani and the pesteh.......we are not mereing drinking water that has become amrit.............we are immersing ourselves in the Shabd Guru..............Guru Granth Sahib Jee takes on the form of whoever speaks from Him so u are making Guru Ji and his Shabd ur ang/sang and most importantly plating the seed on naam inside you.....

Does it help the individual??

Well if you gonna do all the above and plant the seed and do nothing to nurture it then no it doesnt help anyone...............and also we nothing without Mahraj's kirpa BUT a very important thing to understand is that we gotta EARN mahraj's kirpa, by following his hukam........keeping our sikh rehit..........rehit is a way of life............and according to our kiram and past deeds and actions we will reaps the spiritual rewards with waheguru bringing us into his beloved Charan........

Can't a person be human without that??

when did taking amrit make you inhuman........... tongue.gif ..................but each major "religion" has some fundamental "flaw" brought upon mans distortion and mis conception of it......now this does happen in sikhi but Guru Granth Shaib Jee no -one can mess with...........and many people have tried and will always continue to do so but Flase can NEVER prevail over TRUTH and bani is guru, waheguru.

Taking amirt means u have given your Head to waheguru.......no its explore the notion of giving your head..............my humble and pathetic interpretation of this is that you are giving up the "YOU, I Me, MY, THEM, HIM, HER" now until the You and ME, Him and HER, remain we will always have that vichora from waheguru...........hence we suffer in duality

the aim is to die, i.e. kill the mind then we become immortal...........but to do this we have to instill the Truth about life and Guru Granth is the only truth as waheguru himself wrote it and the Guru is simply a sargun saroop of waheguru :D

Why have kes for spirituality??

Why wear the 5 K's??

This is simple..................bcos waheguru asked us to...............told us to and these are the gifts he has given to us..............dont look at the physical aspects of kanga, kes, kirpan..................agreed tofday the are shown off rather had being truly valued for their higher, spiritual significance..............me must never forget to grow the seed of naam we need instuments and tolls to help us and these are all of 5k's........

Now the only thing we need to do is stop looking at the world though the eyes and starting looking through the soul............everything becomes clear......... :D

erm yeah thats it sorry for the rant and bhulah chucka di khimma

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh