Cutting Hair

Guest gary jatt

Someone once told me while we were having this discussion thatthe tip of your nails...where like the white part starts is where guruji drew a line ..showing u cut from there or something...it was a while ago so i dun remember exactly....hm i hope i made sense lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The myth that hair are alive and nails are not is not true.

If I understand it they are made by the same substance -

Quote from Wiki on hair -

The primary component of hair fiber is keratin. Keratins are proteins: long chains (polymers) of amino acids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair

About nails -

Anatomically fingernails and toenails, which are made of a tough protein called keratin and are produced from living skin cells in the fingers and toes, are made up of many different parts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_%28anatomy%29

Yes Wiki isn't the best source, but if you want to look deeper into it you can; but they're essentially made out of the same substance - that one is "alive" and the other is "dead" is nonsense.

The entire hair (except the part under the skin - follicle and roots) are dead.

Do not use that argument - it will easily be refuted :s

• 3 months later...
The myth that hair are alive and nails are not is not true.

If I understand it they are made by the same substance -

Quote from Wiki on hair -

The primary component of hair fiber is keratin. Keratins are proteins: long chains (polymers) of amino acids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair

About nails -

Anatomically fingernails and toenails, which are made of a tough protein called keratin and are produced from living skin cells in the fingers and toes, are made up of many different parts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_%28anatomy%29

Yes Wiki isn't the best source, but if you want to look deeper into it you can; but they're essentially made out of the same substance - that one is "alive" and the other is "dead" is nonsense.

The entire hair (except the part under the skin - follicle and roots) are dead.

Do not use that argument - it will easily be refuted :)

bump

as a hukam to most amritdharis ..... wash you hair twice a week to keep the cleanliness intact and the thing about the nails is not at all justifiable with the hair because hair are on the top .....having utmost spiritual importance according to many religions .......why wud ancient hindus like in dwaapar yug like arjun and Lord Krishan would keep their long hair........think about it ..... theres a reason to why we all have been given a common identity.....there a symbolic meaning to it .....think about it.....

I read a book called Hair power. From that book i learned that: the white part of your nails is dead...so there is no need to keep that just like when u comb your hair, dead hair comes out. Now you dont take that dead hair and start glueing it bak on your head. Its dead so you throw it away. THe same goes for nails. You also cut em cuz of the dirt etc and if u didnt cut ur nails, thats a direct ticket to death cuz long nails equals to high risks of damaging your nerves in your fingers or somything and if those nerves are ifected etc. it can cause serious issues(ie. death). I learned the nerve thingy from guinness book of world records when some indian guy with the longest nails was talking about the critical care he takes after his long nails so he doesnt end u screwing up his nerves or wat not.

gg.bmp

• 3 weeks later...
Guest headache child
what is wroung with having tatoos or cutting hair. But that is like saying don't cut ur nails isn't that cause if u can't cut ur hair but u can cut ur nail don't get this sombody explain.

im kinda wondering the same thing. and im a sikh girl. my arms and legs are hairless and i get my eyebrows done. and for almost a year i have been getting major headaches and neck pains and then back pains every time my hair gets pulled (whether the pulling is brushing it, stuck in door, sitting on it, etc.) and i cant do stuff like listen to music, watch movies/tv, be on computer for longer than 1 hour and its hard on my studies because im constantly dealing with headaches. just yesterday i told my dad this because i was suffering and he saw i was in pain. i told him its hard for him to hear this but its the truth and i think getting a load off my head would help relieve pressure. I've done some reasearch and im ready to present it to my parents if they need it. in this situation i thought my dad would not try to understand this but he gets it more than my mother. my mother is saying things like im faking it. but why would anyone fake headaches, neck pain and back pain? why would i let my grades drop? why would i fake cry every time its unbearable? sometimes i feel like dying because of the pain. ive tried other alternatives like getting my posture corrected and more rest and better food. nothing has helped yet. if i do my legs and arms and eyebrows, whats the difference with hair on my head?

Nails are dead, just totally dead. They act as tools in our life.

Hair is beneficial for us in life spiritually. Vaaheguroo is SOOOOOOO generous that every time we say vaaheguroo once, we end up earning the amount equal to the amount of hairs that we have on our body because every hair on our body japs naam/meditates on the name too. Hair also acts as an aerial to vaaheguroo. just like a tv aerial to the satellite thingy in space...

romy roim roim romy mY gurmuiK rwmu iDAwey rwm ]

romae rom rom romae mai guramukh raam dhhiaaeae raam ||

With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.

vaaheguroooo!