Muslim/sikh Relationship

Guest anonymous girl

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a "Sikh" girl is dating a Muslim, the Muslims have an agenda, and when a Muslim girl wants to marry a "Sikh", she is blessed?

excellent!!!!!look if you really like him and he really likes u then waht can we say?we have no powere to says its wrong/right. to be honest im not a fan of this stuff all i can say if dnt hurt your family and his family. then things get messy. if u genuinely like him then u and he must respect each others beliefs and cutlures.

I think that we should leave the relationships out of this forum/website. Premature relationships are not for Sikhs, and I cannot speak for Muslims. Yes we should respect other faiths, however not so much that we begin marital relationships with them. Let us pour amrit on the ever growing roots of Sikhism and let the branches blossom as they wind hits the petals chanting Waheguru Waheguru.

First of all, I would just like to say that I think this post is completely inappropriate. I am appalled that the sikhsangat administration even allowed this to be posted. Sikhsangat is supposed to be a website where people can discuss real problems and discuss real issues; it is not supposed to be a website where people can talk about their love lives. And for all of you that actually replied back giving your “advice,” you also should be ashamed. Many of you replied saying “you should tell him what you feel,” are you kidding? All of you should stop being your own version of Dr. Phil, it’s completely ridiculous.

Sikhsangat is supposed to be a website where people can discuss real problems and discuss real issues

Well did you ever stop to think that this is a 'real issue' for the original poster? This could be potentially life-changing - marriage and the prospect of embracing Sikhism. Open your mind to how other people feel, not everybody thinks the same way we do. Who are you to decide what is important for another person?

First of all, I would just like to say that I think this post is completely inappropriate. I am appalled that the sikhsangat administration even allowed this to be posted. Sikhsangat is supposed to be a website where people can discuss real problems and discuss real issues; it is not supposed to be a website where people can talk about their love lives. And for all of you that actually replied back giving your "advice," you also should be ashamed. Many of you replied saying "you should tell him what you feel," are you kidding? All of you should stop being your own version of Dr. Phil, it's completely ridiculous.

i agree with this post but to only an extent... many a time have people mentioned that they know ppl inside relstionslips such as the one in discussion. people need to know what to do, what they aer getting into if they go foward with the relationship and such... relationships do happen now-a-days. some amritdhari people now-a-days have "half relationships" as, they have non of the normal preconceptive ideas of 'a relationship'. they see that "other half" as their sister and yes, somtimes even a potential to get marrid to.. so many sikh marages break down due to one of the people, husband, or wife, becoming 'too' relegious and not spending time at home and stuff.. so the idea of looking of an amritdhari sikh looking for a potential wife, as does go on nowa days wen people are getting marrid, is not such a bad thing. most amritdhari guys and girls want to see the boy or girl before they get marrid to them.. and for the reason stated, i dont think it is a bad idea. so converse gof relationships is a nessasory thing here.these are real alive issues. esp in the midlands!! anyway.. this is going on the assumption that no hanky panky before marrage will go on and its all bout marage. if she feels to convert marry, and stuff, for her, i dont think it wud be right.. if this muslim gal is going to act, metab's post is the one to look at.she oviously sees somthing in this guy, and som sort of link is there, and if she was to 'convert' then it would be a marrage thing. so again, is nessasory. if the guy takes amrit, he will be a real 'plus point' to our khalsa!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Curious

Mehtab,

I think you have wrote an excellent response to this young girl.

I would like to know what religion you were/born into before you became Sikh, if you would not mind telling?

I am born into a Sikh household, I have always thought of myself as Sikh even though I have not really practiced it as such. It is only now that I have took an interest to learn about it. I would like to understand it and have many questions. I would like to hear about your journey into Sikhism, again if you do not mind sharing.

I would be grateful to hear from you - no.name@live.co.uk

Many Thanks.

Guest Curiosity
First of all, I would just like to say that I think this post is completely inappropriate. I am appalled that the sikhsangat administration even allowed this to be posted. Sikhsangat is supposed to be a website where people can discuss real problems and discuss real issues; it is not supposed to be a website where people can talk about their love lives. And for all of you that actually replied back giving your “advice,” you also should be ashamed. Many of you replied saying “you should tell him what you feel,” are you kidding? All of you should stop being your own version of Dr. Phil, it’s completely ridiculous.

This is a real problem and mixed marriages are a real issue. I welcome discussion like this. I think you are being narrow-minded. I think Mehtab has given this girl food for thought.

This forum gives me the opportunity to hear other people's opinions and helps me seek knowledge from others.

I too am curious about mixed marriages within Sikhism. Are they forbidden? I don't want to offend people but I want to understand so I will ask, if we are all God's children then why are mixed marriages shunned? If you can live harmoniously with your partner and bring your children up to be good individuals, to love God and others despite religion, caste or creed, will God not accept this?