How To Convince A Sikh About Islam

Singhballer

No matter what some Muslims try to do a Sikh never abandones the house of Guru Ji .

Peace

I think this is probably more of a South-Asian cultural conflict than anything. While most Muslims, of course, view Islam as truth (as almost anyone does with their religion) I think the vast majority of non-Desi Muslims probably have no specific designs on Sikhs. I still believe in Muhammad's revelation but now I also believe in Guru Nanak's message; I would never try to convert you, I have enough to work out on my own tongue.gif

You know what made me burst out laughing on this page: http://www.islamawareness.net/Sikhism/convince.html

You see the heading "How to convince a Sikh about Islam", and under that on the right hand side you see a link to a website which says "Find your Muslim match" with a picture of a Muslim bibi. I was like Okayyyyy, so you gonna convince me by tempting me with a kurri !!!!!! Nice try!!!!! But we used to this for centuries!!!!! Sorry!!!!!

oye.. aren't u lookin to get married anyway? tongue.gif

Of course, but don't push me to such matrimonials yaar LOL.gif

No matter what some Muslims try to do a Sikh never abandones the house of Guru Ji .

Peace

I think this is probably more of a South-Asian cultural conflict than anything. While most Muslims, of course, view Islam as truth (as almost anyone does with their religion) I think the vast majority of non-Desi Muslims probably have no specific designs on Sikhs. I still believe in Muhammad's revelation but now I also believe in Guru Nanak's message; I would never try to convert you, I have enough to work out on my own tongue.gif

Its not Islam which is targeting other religions its more of the minority of some Muslims who are bent on having the whole world follow Islam. Although in my mind these people are not the true Muslims we know of such as Bhai Mardana, Bhagat Farid or Bhagat Kabeer.

Peace

If a non-Sikh reads Guru Nanak Dev ji's message (Gurmat meaning Guru ji's divine teaching) they will surely notice a vast difference in their own religious teachings.

In my opinion you have not been reading Gurbani.

Its not Islam which is targeting other religions its more of the minority of some Muslims who are bent on having the whole world follow Islam. Although in my mind these people are not the true Muslims we know of such as Bhai Mardana, Bhagat Farid or Bhagat Kabeer.

Anyone who truely believes in islamic teachings 100% can be put into the category of muslims 'targeting other religions' or hell bent in 'converting the whole world into Islam' and of course this includes the lunatic who created the website mentioned in the first post of this thread.

p/s: singhballer, please look up bhagats history before mentioning them.

Q: "How to Convince a Sikh About Islam" .....

A: Yes I am 100% convinced about Islam and will definately stick to Gurbani (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) and aim to be a Gurmukh.

or

A: Read, understand and obey Gurbani and a Sikh will definately be convinced that Islam aint for them.

or

.. :s

Peace

If a non-Sikh reads Guru Nanak Dev ji's message (Gurmat meaning Guru ji's divine teaching) they will surely notice a vast difference in their own religious teachings.

In my opinion you have not been reading Gurbani.

In my opinion you don't know me or anything about me and you're making some odd assumptions.

There are differences. There are also similarities.

I'm glad that paranoid, accusatory, and chauvanistic attitudes aren't just present in the Muslim community. I'm glad to see that if I choose to keep exploring Sikhi, I can look forward to them here too. Makes my day.