Non-sikh Music

abdus-salaam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

The person asking this question is not even following the sikh faith yet. Can we please answer the question with a "yes" and then tell which music you listen to or just say "no". Please don't scare him off and make him feel unwelcome for asking the question.

If I posted this on another "faith's" board and people starting posted advanced stuff saying I will be punished by angel's of death for listening to music, I would never post there again and lose interest fast.

They can't keep a good man down

Always keep a smile when they want me to frown

Keep the vibes and they stood my grounds

They will never ever take my crown ( referring to turban)

Who Jah bless I say no man curse

Things gettin better when they thought it would be worse

Cause I'm so solid as a rock they just can't stop me now

Even when they set their traps they just can't stop me now

People will say this and that they just can't stop me now

Even when they set up road blocks they just can't stop me now

-- Sizzla

The lyrics of one of the reggae artists i listen to... i admit, not all his songs are good like this, but the conscious reggae songs mostly are about this kind of stuff...

Not all songs are bad.

All this being said... I think most people listen to the music for the 'beats' and don't really pay attention to the lyrics.. the songs that i actually choose to 'listen' to have good lyrics...

to each their own.. if a person doesn't think listenin to anything other then keertan is good for them, then thats fine, power to them... not everything affects all of us the same way... think about it, how many shabads done by keertanee's come from hindi/punjabi songs anyway?

everybody's spirituality works at their own level... if a person thinks listenin to music doesn't harm them, then thats fine... don't put them down..

... to each their own..

Blesseddd!!

Yes I do like to Listen to a lot a stufff.

Sufi Music is my current obsession and believe me listening to Sufi is Soul refreshing ....I quite never have got the same feeling before.....I have a few songs written by Bulle Shah sung by Wadali Maestros and Nusrat Ji...and I can listen to them for Hours

I also Listen a lot of Old Indian Classical Music like Lata Ji and Kishore Kumar n stuff.

I tried to listen to a lotta Rap ...but just found a lotta gangster shi** gettin repeated in every second song...be it 50 cent or Notorious BIG....I agree some of them are good but all sound same after I have i heard one of their songs. Also Since rapping does nt follow any musical notes but is mostly is very beat oriented hence it is likely that the song does nt grow over you and doesnt catch ur tongue.

If anyone listens to good rap ....please suggest some ggod rap artiste as it is all abt power packed Lyrics . Also any particular favories for anyone???/

Soft and Classical Rocks are another major genre in my music player.

I cant thank the u NRI dudes for the Bhangra that was never heard before ...i just go crazy listenin to some of ur tunes. Although now most of the songs sound terribly repetetive...but some are classics.....Ne Baliyeh and Panj Bindhiya top the list.