Doubts And Clarifications In Bani

besoft

I intend to start this thread where I shall be posting the doubts that I have regarding various tuks and lines of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. You may as well.

But all of us are required to number the lines so that these can be properly referred to.There may not be any occassion when more than one doubt should be discussed. Like if I post this doubt today from jap ji sahib ji and mark it as doubt no.1.

The one who replies should clearly state that the answer is to doubt no.1.If someone also wants to post his doubt, he should state this and take the permission of the previous doubt holder so that there is no confusion amongst those who are simply posting their doubts.

I hope I am clear.

Today I am posting doubt no.1

Someone may answer this.

May be it takes 2/3 days and in between you have some doubt as well that you want clarification on .please state it in some post and as and when my doubt is removed you can proceed ahead.

let us start.

DOUBT NO1.

gurmuiK nwdM gurmuiK vydM gurmuiK rihAw smweI ] (2-8, jpu, mÚ 1)

The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.

guru eIsru guru gorKu brmw guru pwrbqI mweI ] (2-9, jpu, mÚ 1)

The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi.

These two lines are from Jap ji sahib.In jap ji sahib ,it has been stated that Guru nanak dev ji is eulogising the Almighty.

In the above lines 'GURU' appears.Is this Guru referring to the Almighty.In my opinion it is. As Guru's word is all pervading.This can only happen if HE is GOD himself.

Further Guru's words are the wisdom of Vedas.It is stated that Vedas are the creation from the Mukh Vaak of the Cretor/God.

Kindly confirm.

note: your answer may begin from :

answer to doubt n0.1

Thanks and regards.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

answer to "doubt"no.1

u really dont have a doubt and u are right when u say guru sahib is talking about Akal~almighty as far as i hve been taught.=)

Doubt-1 contd.

Thanks for your reply.

As Guru has been stated to be Akal~Almighty by your goodself ;In that case everyone mentioned in these lines as guru should be God. You will see that in the second line of the post -1

guru eIsru guru gorKu brmw guru pwrbqI mweI ] (2-9, jpu, mÚ 1)

[The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi.]

This would mean that Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma and Parvati all are GURU [as per Bani] and hence they are also in the category of Creator.This is not as per Sikh philosphy.Hence i conclude that the meaning Of the GURU should be different .What do you think? Kindly opine.

Mod Note: Please see this rule: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=287520

Doubt-1

AS per yourself the translation is misleading.

But the translation that you have given means the same i.e. Akaal Purukh is the shiva, Brahma, parvati.... correct me if I am wrong.

The second part probably from Sidh Ghosth. Kidly say clearly so that I can understand. If I read a shabad I shall have doubts in shabads and your efforts will be wasted.Kindly reply more clearly.

'

Thanks and regards.Do not mind my spellings as I type fast and do not reread the posts.

Regards.

Ok, first, you are only reading half of what I write, ofcourse that will create more confusion.

Second, I'm not Guru, I don't have the "perfect" answers. Sorry if I confuse you. I guess I need to work on my communication skills a lot more.

Your skills are perfect. Do not forget that I am new to sikhi and do not understand much of gurbani and am process of learning. Treat me as a student.Spend more time if you wish. I shall post daily 1 doubt.

Akal purakh is in everyone. His roop is in vishnu, shiv, etc. But he himself (akal purakh) is without form. He is the one who has created every devi, devta to perform and look after various areas of his creation. Vishnu has come in many avtars over the centeries in ram, krishnan, narsing etc.

Guru gobind singh ji has given his stated in jaap sahib ki what the almighthy himself is.

This is all that i know. If wrong, pls accept my apologies. I to am also learning.

gurmuiK nwdM gurmuiK vydM gurmuiK rihAw smweI ] (2-8, jpu, mÚ 1)

The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.

^^ The translation here is wrong. firstly gurbani is talking about avaasta of a GURMUKH: Gurmukha Andar Sehaj Hai Munn Chara Dasmi Akaash....

gurmuiK nwdM

Gurbani is saying here the Gurmukh is always connected to the Naad (first comes anahad shabad, then anhad bani, then sehaj dhun, then toor then NAAD)

gurmuiK vydM

The gurmukhs bachan is equivlent to the veda, why? Well the vedas are considered very highly and pure and guru ji is saying the bachan of a gurmukh is the equivlent

gurmuiK rihAw smweI

^^

the gurmukh is always SMAAH (merged) with saach. Gurmukh is the highest avasta of the mind, first is sant, then sadhu, then bhagat, then braham gyani THEN it is gurmukh. A gurmukh can go anywhere (the mind) to any of the assans it wishes.

Gurbani is talking about status of the mind here not physical related.

Surely Isn't Guru Ji saying that for a Sikh Their Guru is everything??

From Naad, Ved, to Shiva, Vishnu, Bhrama.. For a Gursikh, their Guru is everything - respected as Hindus respect Bhrama, Vishnu, Mahesh..

it is the poetry of love and by putting wrong emphasis on words you;re changing the whole meaning of the Tuk.

plusss: Dont forget the lines that Follow!

Guraa Ek De Bujhayeee

Sabhna Jeeya Ka Ek Daata, So Me Visar Na Jayee