Help!-sleepin Issues

guptsinghni

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try going to a doctor for your insomnia : ) We have pretty much given you most of the tips regular people use for getting to sleep.

Also.. do you feel tired throughout the day? I mean is the lack of sleep affecting your daily activities/health. Some people can survive on just 4/5 hours. Gives you more time to do important things. (sorry if this sounds offensive)

Guru pyare sangath jeeee as a small request could all reply plz stik 2 d topic as this is no joke.

dass is only getting max of 5-4hrs sleep a nyt...

all soultions are gr8 so far...

thank you

and here dass is getting 2 to 3 hrs sleep

our meaning is that we are sorry for changing the subject

bye!!

This is from emedicinehealth.com

Hope it helps = ]

You can do several things to prepare yourself for sleep.

Exercise regularly.

Aerobic exercise and general fitness are important to maintaining good health.

You should exercise in the early part of the day and avoid strenuous activity before bedtime.

Avoid large meals and excessive fluids before bedtime.

Control your environment.

Light, noise, and elevated room temperature can disrupt sleep. Shift workers and night workers especially must address these factors.

Your body's circadian rhythm (biological clock) is particularly sensitive to light. Parents who need to sleep during the day may have to make child care arrangements to allow them to sleep.

+ + + this is from http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/ho...ticles/110.html

What can I do to improve my sleep habits?

Here are some things you can do to help you sleep better:

Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends, even if you didn't get enough sleep. This will help train your body to sleep at night.

Develop a bedtime routine. Do the same thing every night before going to sleep. For example, take a warm bath and then read for 10 minutes every night before going to bed. Soon you'll connect these activities with sleeping, and doing them will help make you sleepy.

Don't eat, talk on the phone or watch TV while you're in bed.

Make sure your bedroom is quiet and dark. If noise is a problem, use a fan to mask the noise or use ear plugs. If you must sleep during the day, hang dark blinds over the windows or wear an eye mask.

If you're still awake after trying to fall asleep for 30 minutes, get up and go to another room. Sit quietly for about 20 minutes before going back to bed. Do this as many times as you need to until you can fall asleep.

This is from emedicinehealth.com

Hope it helps = ]

You can do several things to prepare yourself for sleep.

Exercise regularly.

Aerobic exercise and general fitness are important to maintaining good health.

You should exercise in the early part of the day and avoid strenuous activity before bedtime.

Avoid large meals and excessive fluids before bedtime.

Control your environment.

Light, noise, and elevated room temperature can disrupt sleep. Shift workers and night workers especially must address these factors.

Your body's circadian rhythm (biological clock) is particularly sensitive to light. Parents who need to sleep during the day may have to make child care arrangements to allow them to sleep.

+ + + this is from http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/ho...ticles/110.html

What can I do to improve my sleep habits?

Here are some things you can do to help you sleep better:

Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends, even if you didn't get enough sleep. This will help train your body to sleep at night.

Develop a bedtime routine. Do the same thing every night before going to sleep. For example, take a warm bath and then read for 10 minutes every night before going to bed. Soon you'll connect these activities with sleeping, and doing them will help make you sleepy.

Don't eat, talk on the phone or watch TV while you're in bed.

Make sure your bedroom is quiet and dark. If noise is a problem, use a fan to mask the noise or use ear plugs. If you must sleep during the day, hang dark blinds over the windows or wear an eye mask.

If you're still awake after trying to fall asleep for 30 minutes, get up and go to another room. Sit quietly for about 20 minutes before going back to bed. Do this as many times as you need to until you can fall asleep.

lol @ u jas... do u think anyone is gonna do that. jk jk jk lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D tongue.gif

Listen to Sukhmani Sahib during the day all your worries are banished, you feel at peace and night you will sleep- just have faith and hope. You must want to believe these solutions. I had really bad insomnia so I know how you are feeling. I'll pray for you

My mum never said this to me!! Wats the english translation cos I cannot make out the punglish very well.

All I remember my mum sayin was if you don't go to sleep then the bavaaaaaa will come and eat you. I think bavaaaa was punjabi for a big monster ghost. I never asked cos she said it in a scary voice.....:D All I did was close my eyes quickly and go to sleep.